Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Empty
PostSubject: Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)   Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 5:54 am

http://www.thresh.net/2017/03/27/threshold-announce-new-vocalist/

Wilson has left the band before (and this will be the second time he's been replaced by Glynn Morgan), but those other departures were apparently his decision, whereas this time he appears to have been asked to leave by the band. He does have other stuff going on with his solo career and Headspace, so maybe it was felt that was affecting his ability to commit to Threshold, but it's definitely a surprise.

Guitarist Pete Morten also recently left, although him leaving does seem to have been his decision in order to focus on his own band. But while line-up changes aren't anything new to Threshold, with two in quick succession, I can't help but wonder whether there might be something else going on.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)   Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am

What?! No! I only got into Threshold lately because of Wilson.

They had a new album in the plans, with a release date set for the fall. I assume they are now going to finish it with Morgan?
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)   Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Liked Threshold with every vocalist they had. In fact my least favorites (excluding debut) are with Damian at the helm so it's more of a good news. Psychadelicatessen and Glynn's Mindfeed were great, looking forward to what Thresh comes up with this time.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)   Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 pm

I love Threshold, with or without Wilson. I love his voice, and Headspace is fantastic, so I'm not bummed by this. His solo stuff bores me to death, though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)   Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Too bad about Wilson but Threshold always seems to do well regardless of vocalist. I too like Headspace, although i think i might be an album behind right now...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)   Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damian Wilson leaves Threshold (again)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: