Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...

Go down 
+12
Rami Airola
exact33
Addy
Required Fields
James B.
Dark Horseman
Tur-Thalion
Psychotron
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
BillRoxx
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:50 pm

I think what disenchanted me about this the most is the fact it is nominated for a Grammy! And has sold only 119,000 copies! And everyone has heard it and loves it but MOST people probably downloaded illegally! 15 years ago it would have at least sold 500,000. I love the album and think this sucks for Megadeth and other bands as well! That's all for my rant! Back to the metal!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183396
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 pm

The mix was so bad I never listened to the entire album, the vocals were ridiculously high in the mix and that is the last thing Dave needs to be accentuating at this point in his career.

In the current music climate I think they should be happy they actually sold 119,000 copies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Not surprising. Mustaine was ranting and raving about how badly Roadrunner was mishandling his career virtually from the moment Th1rt3en was released. Now that I think about it, maybe even when they released Endgame.

The fact that three of the songs on the last album were actually reworked versions of old songs seemed to indicate that Dave was on auto-pilot and just wanted to finish the record, fulfill his contract w/Roadrunner, and then get the hell outta Dodge as quickly as possible.

That said, I still liked Th1rt3en quite a bit, but Endgame was a stronger album by a wide margin.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm thinking MOST Megadeth fans are older and don't buy music anymore anyway...let alone download it. The one's illegally downloading it would probably not have bought it in the first place.

Those 119,000 could have been a combo of physical and digital sales. Of the 500,000 copies it "would have" sold 15 years ago (were Megadeth selling Gold in 1998?), how many of those ended up sold off again? I think 119,000 is more reflective of actual Megadeth fans in the US who care about their new music...and even a bunch of those will be sold off again.

It was nominated for a Grammy on merit, not sales.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Quote :
(were Megadeth selling Gold in 1998?)

Cryptic Writings came out in '97 and that one did pretty well for them if memory serves. It went at least Gold.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Cryptic Writings came out in '97 and that one did pretty well for them if memory serves. It went at least Gold.

News to me...looks like it actually went Platinum.

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

According to Wikipedia it was "the last Megadeth album to go platinum".
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Now if he would just get rid of that drummer lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Nuclear Blast, Metal Blade and Century Media are probably all fighting each other with sticks right now trying to scoop Megadeth up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Back to Capitol Records!
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Well I'm not surprised by the timing. Yes Mustaine's been complaining about them for years, but this is also not the best time to be on Roadrunner as Warner has gutted them like crazy this year
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Will they ever sell like they did? No. Over 100,000 is like gold in todays market. And 13 was good but Endgame kicked it's butt.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm

I like MegaDave

Wish him/them well in the future

I concur with Wayne-o...."ditch that drummer" Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 pm

100,000 is actually very good for a metal album nowadays. I wonder how many it has sold if you include digital purchasing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I thought 13 was a good album I bought my copy shortly after it came out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm

I enjoyed 13 a lot. I am hoping they find a label that will suit them.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Addy wrote:
I thought 13 was a good album I bought my copy shortly after it came out

Thats nice, but what did you think of the other cd from the comp swap I gave you? Razz

Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 am

Has Dave ever end up liking a record company. It seems he always hates the one he leaves, praises the one he teams up with and ends up hating that too.

I'm a big Megadeth fan and at some point tried to buy EVERYTHING they release. I had high hopes for Thirteen but I think I couldn't find even one good song on the album. They were ok at best and forgettable at worst. It was like an album filled with Moto Psychos and Psychotrons.

Endgame on the other hand was absolutely fantastic. When I heard the album on MySpace(?) I couldn't wait for buying it. Thirteen didn't have that kind of an effect on me at all.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:02 am

Rami Airola wrote:
Has Dave ever end up liking a record company. It seems he always hates the one he leaves, praises the one he teams up with and ends up hating that too.

Pretty much...he should go indie like Metallica...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 am

Quote :
I'm a big Megadeth fan and at some point tried to buy EVERYTHING they release

I think this is part of what hurts sales for records like 13. Too much Megadeth product coming out that it overshadows the new release. I personally haven't even gotten 13 yet. Want to, but it takes a backseat on the Megadeth priorities list when you have deluxe editions and live things out there competing for those dollars.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 am

Not to sound like a complete knob here, but as a fan, is there a reason why this news should be of a concern to me? Does it matter what label Megadeth is on at this point in their career? Just wondering what the importance is in soon-to-be 2013?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:03 am

Rami Airola wrote:

I'm a big Megadeth fan and at some point tried to buy EVERYTHING they release. I had high hopes for Thirteen but I think I couldn't find even one good song on the album. They were ok at best and forgettable at worst. It was like an album filled with Moto Psychos and Psychotrons.

Endgame on the other hand was absolutely fantastic. When I heard the album on MySpace(?) I couldn't wait for buying it. Thirteen didn't have that kind of an effect on me at all.

See, I'm the complete opposite. I loved TH1RT3EN, but felt that Endgame fell short. It wasn't bad or anything but I couldn't get into it that much.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 am

Quote :
Not to sound like a complete knob here, but as a fan, is there a reason why this news should be of a concern to me? Does it matter what label Megadeth is on at this point in their career? Just wondering what the importance is in soon-to-be 2013?

Monkeys everywhere have said there will be an uprising that puts them in control if this isn't sorted out soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 am

My minions will be ready to protect their master. Let the poop-flinging begin!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Your minions are a plant. They are stealing the silverware when you aren't looking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...   Megadeth leaves Roadrunner... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth leaves Roadrunner...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next