Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax

Go down 
+21
Z Rocker
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
adrian
James B.
stormspell
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
jstate
Chrome Locust
mr.electric39
CRIMSONMASK
Leatherface
SpectreFate
Boris2008
ultmetal
Witchfinder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I wasn't blown away by that album like I'd hoped. I was much more impressed by the return of Sacrifice and Heathen.

WTF does that have to do with anything??? Ring, Ring - This is Locky - Go back to your Debbie Gibson fetish please....

Listen fruitcake, I was just saying that if you think Worship Music was one of the best comebacks then I disagree. Heathen and Sacrifice had MUCH stronger "comeback" albums. Now "Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake Minnetonka", Prince boy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I wasn't blown away by that album like I'd hoped. I was much more impressed by the return of Sacrifice and Heathen.

WTF does that have to do with anything??? Ring, Ring - This is Locky - Go back to your Debbie Gibson fetish please....

Listen fruitcake, I was just saying that if you think Worship Music was one of the best comebacks then I disagree. Heathen and Sacrifice had MUCH stronger "comeback" albums. Now "Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake Minnetonka", Prince boy. Wink

Grow a pair and then grow some hair. And Worship Music wa not a Comeback album. It was a reunion album. So, You want some pancakes...or grapes? Charlie Murphy?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Quote :
But Worship Music was one of the premier [sp?] resurrections of all time, imo

OK, I took "resurrection" as "comeback".

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 _dave_chappelle_as_prince1
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm

get a room fella's.........I can "feel" the sexual tension all the way in the middle of Montana

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 pm

James B. wrote:
get a room fella's.........I can "feel" the sexual tension all the way in the middle of Montana

You know how lonely it gets out there on the ranch when the missus has gone to town for some feed and a new dress from the JcPenney's catalog. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
and a new dress from the JcPenney's catalog. Smile

My ol' lady is smart enough to use the mail when ordering from a catalog and I hear sheep all night long going "Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaan"

As usual I am trying way to hard to be something I am not, a comedian.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
James B. wrote:

You know how lonely it gets out there on the ranch when the missus has gone to town for some feed and a new dress from the JcPenney's catalog. Smile

I Wish I Knew How to Quit You!!!!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
They probably wanted him to remove his beanie or he was out of the band.
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Who is this?
Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Tumblr_m899dlIHDU1qi9b33o1_1280

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Who is this?

That looks like Andreas Kisser (Sepultura). He filled in for Scott Ian on a few dates awhile back so Scott could be home for the birth of his first child.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Who is this?

Andreas Kisser from Sepultura
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 pm

On a somewhat related note, Anthrax posted this message on their Facebook yesterday:

Quote :
We love you all, and are confident you shred like Yngwie Malmsteen after a case of Red Bull, but to answer all 57,000 messages at once, WE ARE NOT DOING AUDITIONS for lead guitarist. \m/

Wonder if that means they've already got someone lined up...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
On a somewhat related note, Anthrax posted this message on their Facebook yesterday:

Quote :
We love you all, and are confident you shred like Yngwie Malmsteen after a case of Red Bull, but to answer all 57,000 messages at once, WE ARE NOT DOING AUDITIONS for lead guitarist. \m/

Wonder if that means they've already got someone lined up...

Has Tim Owens learned how to play guitar yet?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 pm

well we know that Scott can't play lead, so he's out

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Looks like someone is actually upset that Rob is out (warning - adult language):

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Even though that video clip is getting played out, it always gets a laugh from me. That Hitler guy sure was passionate about his music! Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 pm

I really enjoy La Raza. What do fascists know anyways....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:07 pm

lol!

I enjoyed La Raza too Sax. Not their best, but a very solid album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Z Rocker
Metal novice
Metal novice
Z Rocker

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

I think Rob does a lot of producing as well so maybe he wants to focus more on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zrockblog.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Z Rocker wrote:
I think Rob does a lot of producing as well so maybe he wants to focus more on that.

http://thegreatsouthernbrainfart.com/?p=10725

pretty much says that in the hyper-link in original post of thread

welcome to the board

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 pm

ANTHRAX Announce SHADOWS FALL Guitarist Jon Donais To Fill In On Upcoming Live Dates; To Release Anthem EP In March

http://www.bravewords.com/news/196884

ANTHRAX - Scott Ian, Charlie Benante, Frank Bello and Joey Belladonna - have announced that SHADOWS FALL guitarist Jon Donais will step in for the departing Rob Caggiano. Donais will temporarily fill in for Anthrax's upcoming tour dates in India, the series of Soundwave Festival shows in Australia, and the North American Metal Alliance Tour.

"Jon is a bro and he's also a total f**king ripper," said Scott Ian. "I've worked with him twice before on side projects and he tears it up. I'm excited to have him on my right burning up the stage with Anthrax. 13's gonna be a good year."

"I grew up on Anthrax, they're the thrash scene, they're one of The Big Four, I'd be crazy to not want to play with them," said Donais. "Initially, Rob called and told me he was leaving the band, and asked if I'd be interested in filling in. Then Scott called me and everything fell into place. Rob and I are using Skype to work on solos and other guitar parts, so he's being great. I also have to give special thanks to my band - Brian, Matt, Jason and Ed - who have been incredibly supportive and encouraged me to do this."

Anthrax have announced March 18th as the release date for their new Anthem EP. The covers set will include the following tracklisting:

'Anthem' (RUSH), 'Jailbreak' (THIN LIZZY), 'TNT' (AC/DC), 'Big Eyes' (CHEAP TRICK), 'Smokin'' (BOSTON), 'Keep On Runnin'' (JOURNEY).

Anthrax has a very successful track record of recording covers, including JOE JACKSON's 'Got The Time', that not only was one of the band's biggest-selling songs, but was the first metal song to be played on Mars when NASA used it to wake up the Mars Rover Curiosity.

Guitarist Scott Ian recently spoke with Billboard.com about the band's return to the studio to record the cover songs: "It was a lot of fun, especially because a lot of those (songs) aren't, I guess, normal for us or like so much of our repertoire - although they are because they're songs we all knew. Maybe on paper the idea of us doing something like that seems weird, until you hear them and then it makes sense. And Joey's (Belladonna) performance on the Journey, specifically, really blows my mind. Someone mentioned that Neal Schon (Journey guitarist) better not hear this or we might lose our singer."
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Quote :
'Anthem' (RUSH), 'Jailbreak' (THIN LIZZY), 'TNT' (AC/DC), 'Big Eyes' (CHEAP TRICK), 'Smokin'' (BOSTON), 'Keep On Runnin'' (JOURNEY).

I'm interested to hear these... I'm in the same age demographic as the band members and these are songs I cut my teeth on in the garage stage of a young musician. Doesn't seem strange to me at all.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Quote :
Joey's (Belladonna) performance on the Journey, specifically, really blows my mind. Someone mentioned that Neal Schon (Journey guitarist) better not hear this or we might lose our singer."

If Journey offered, Joey'd probably take the deal too. Laughing very hard

...although Journey's already got a Mini-Me of Steve Perry who sounds just like him.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Quote :
Anthrax have announced March 18th as the release date for their new Anthem EP. The covers set will include the following tracklisting:

So does this mean it's back to being released as an independant ep? Last I heard, it was gonna be released by itself, then someone had the bright idea to tack it on as a bonus disc for the re-release of Worship Music, meaning the fans would have to re-buy that album just to get the covers.

Maybe fan backlash caused them to reconsidder?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Why does Joey take so much shiz? The guy is metal to the bone. And a helluva cool dude too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next