Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

england as a holiday destination

Go down 
+10
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
caniplaywithmadness?
T-Roy
kmorg
KissinMaiden
MetalGuy71
mc666
TheGooch
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

england as a holiday destination Empty
PostSubject: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:36 am

i could not help seeing how many of you want to visit england on that thread of places you want to go to and i am interested why becuase it is a shithole and there aint nothing here to see and it rains a lot and if any of you are american then you would be in for a shock cos the dollar is virtually worthless over here so you would spend a lot of money

i only wondered
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 am

i can think of absolutely nothing England has to offer, other than a big clock. i think most people are obsessed with the UK simply because of all the great music that has come from there. just my opinion.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:46 am

A co-worker is going on "holiday" to London in 2 weeks. I'll have to see what he says about your homeland. I spent about 9 hours in Heathrow Airport during a layover from Greece and it seemed pretty nice. Well, the airport part of London anyway.

I sometimes wonder why Europeans want to come to the United States. I guess it's a grass is always greener sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:51 am

personally i dont like london i think it is bigger dump than the rest of the country. yanks always seem to think we are all like the queen and really posh but that is far from the truth. well i spose the us has vegas and new york
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:56 pm

i'd go for some historical sites I guess and the guards with the big hats those are cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:38 pm

I want to go to London to go to one of the big markets. I think you can make a bargain on CD's there. Besides, compared to Norway, everywhere else (besides Iceland) is cheap.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm

My reasons for going:

A) To meet the people and hang out with them, eat with them and just enjoy them.

B) England is special to me anyway, because of the long history we
have, good and bad. But its all good now, I'm "really" interested in
more of just getting to know those bloody red coats and hanging out
with them, have fun n' stuff.

C) Really like to see the country and stay for my trip out in the
country/farmland. See the English coast, hang out and skim board with
some wankers for a couple days.

D) Last but not least, it’s the home of one of the people I admire and look up to the most, Winston Churchill

E) I love Newcastle Brown Ale (Nuke me!) as we say over here.

F) I'm in love with David Beckham.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:04 pm

I've been to England before. I enjoyed myself. We went to Warwick Castle, London, Stonehenge, etc. I'm a history nut, so a place like England with so much historic importance was fun to me.

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:04 pm

i'm a proud englishman. i drink my beer warm and watch football but even i think london is a dump. you'll find more foreigners in london than english people
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:06 pm

mc666 wrote:
i can think of absolutely nothing England has to offer, other than a big clock. i think most people are obsessed with the UK simply because of all the great music that has come from there. just my opinion.

that the way i feel about america. expect replace clock with hamburgers
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:10 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I've been to England before. I enjoyed myself.

Couldn't you have done that at home? scratch

Laughing very hard

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:50 pm

Quote :
i'd go for some historical sites

It's high on my list mostly for the above reasons. I'd also make it part of a larger trip involving Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and the Chunnel on over to Paris for my wife!

I love the antiquity, the buildings, the history....England is loaded with it! Gooch....you're young...when I was in my early 20's for various reasons I was fed up with the US. I went to Africa for 9 months at age 23-24 and fell DEEPLY in love with the US again and it's a love affair that's still burning STRONGLY! I'd bet in 10-15 years you'll have a different view of England.

Now, I recognize some people hate where they are from and always will, but I think time and perspective changes that.

Anyhow, I'm big on traveling and I can't imagine leaving out 3/4 of my personal "Motherland" out of the equation.....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:52 pm

Oh yeah....SO MUCH of the literature and music I love comes from that part of the World I have to go. Tolkien, Lewis, Wells, Verne over the Channel, etc... And the list of great music can't be contained right here....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:14 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
mc666 wrote:

i'll send you a hamburger & save you a trip.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:47 am

kmorg wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I've been to England before. I enjoyed myself.

Couldn't you have done that at home? scratch

Laughing very hard

Well now, THAT would be telling!Razz

lol!

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am

mc666 wrote:
caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
mc666 wrote:

i'll send you a hamburger & save you a trip.

thank god
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 5:44 pm

I lived in England for nearly 4 years, and I must agree that it is a shithole! London is the only place I've ever seen newspaper tornados! Haha. Just tons of newspaper pages being blown around everywhere. A dirty, dirty place. But you don't really see that unless you're there for a long time. As a vacation spot it's great! Lots to do and see.

Unfortunately, it's ridiculously expensive. That's the worst part of visiting/living there. I was paying £900 rent for this tiny place:

england as a holiday destination HouseIV

england as a holiday destination HouseIII

england as a holiday destination HouseII

england as a holiday destination HouseI

Worth nearly $2,000 a month? Pffft! Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 6:08 pm

That's interesting, Eyesore.....I think when we (I) think of England we think of London and then idyllic little thatch-roofed houses in the country-side or cobblestone streets with cool old fashioned houses and pubs. We don't stop to remember that that's not everywhere and that it's often just what we see on the post cards. The same, of course, can be said of the USA!

My wife is from Barbados and loads of people there fall in love with NYC from what they see on TV....and then move there and pay rediculous prices for little tiny apartments and have to endure being stuck in traffic and so on...

That being said, England and surrounding is still high on my list!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 6:09 pm

BTW...just from the picture that could be Ohio or just about any other US place where it's green! Like they say, the grass is always greener on the other side!!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:31 pm

you think londons a shithole? come to jersey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:30 am

KissinMaiden wrote:
London is really dirty.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
KissinMaiden wrote:
London is really dirty.
so is Newark

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:54 am

Na lonodn is horrible. you should have seen how much rubbish was littered around wembley stadium and how dingy the shops and streets were around it. and it is expensive for foreigners dfue to the high value of the pound. actually i like history a lot but not english history so much. of course i love the queen though shes the best
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:27 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
KissinMaiden wrote:
London is really dirty.
so is Newark

Camden makes Newark look like paradise!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 am

what newark in nottinghamshire or the us?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: england as a holiday destination   england as a holiday destination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

england as a holiday destination
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next