Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird Holiday Videos

Go down 
+5
arachnoplasma
kmorg
tohostudios
exact33
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Weird Holiday Videos Empty
PostSubject: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:55 pm

In my quest to make all of my Facebook friends' holiday seasons a little more bizarre, I've been posting oddball Christmas videos on my FB page all month long. Thought I'd share some of them with the H.O.M. and increase everyone's Christmas weirdness.

First up: "Santa in Animal Land" (1948)

This is a children's short film in which some incredibly creepy puppet creatures travel to the North Pole to find out why there's no Santa Claus for animals. Seriously, I DEFY anyone to make it through all 9+ minutes of this short. The puppets look like something out of a Rob Zombie video. If I'd seen this as a kid, I would've been scarred for life!!!

"Santa's Surprise" (1947)

This Christmas cartoon from Famous Studios is noteworthy for two reasons: first, it's the first-ever appearance of Little Audrey, who went on to a measure of cartoon fame in the 50's. It's also interesting because of all the politically incorrect stereotypes portrayed in it. Thrill to the sight of a little black child shining Santa's boots and a Chinese kid doing his laundry!

"Christmas in the Stars" (1980)
People would buy anything Star Wars related in 1980, so Disco producer "Meco" whipped up "Christmas in the Stars," the first (and thankfully last) Star Wars Christmas album, which tells the story of a far off droid factory that makes toys for Santa. C-3P0 narrates the title track here:

Even more amazing, a young, unknown JON BON JOVI made his first ever professionally recorded appearance on "Christmas in the Stars" (the album was produced in his uncle Tony Bongiovi's studio), with a lead vocal appearance on this track:

And now for something completely different: GWAR goes Christmas caroling!!! Laughing very hard

Anybody else got weird holiday stuff to share? Post it here!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Those Star Wars are always too funny!! Its a good time of year when those are uncovered...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

exact33 wrote:
Those Star Wars are always too funny!! Its a good time of year when those are uncovered...

They're only slightly less painful than the "Star Wars Holiday Special" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

They're only slightly less painful than the "Star Wars Holiday Special" Very Happy

Razz

Very Happy

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Would it surprise anyone here if I mentioned that I own this movie on DVD?

Ehhh... nah, I didn't think so. Very Happy

It's got a totally ginchy theme song though:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 am

Ever see the episode of Tales From The Darkside called "Seasons Of Belief" starring EG Marshall?

I love the song that starts off part 2!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 am

Caution: Loud heavy music performed by children....

lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:57 am

kmorg wrote:
Caution: Loud heavy music performed by children....

Better than Haunted By Heroes. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is a classic! Well, maybe not, but I enjoy that film at least. Laughing

It's cheesy, but I always get a kick out of the Tales From the Crypt Christmas album.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm

EVIL SANTA!

The eyes... THE EYES! They glow with the power of a million devoured child souls!!!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm

kmorg wrote:

I remember when this got posted 'round here a while back (last Christmas season, perhaps?)... looks like a bad-ass flick.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I remember when this got posted 'round here a while back (last Christmas season, perhaps?)... looks like a bad-ass flick.

I almost bought that around Thanksgiving, hoping to start a new Toho Warped CHristmas tradition. I read some mixed reviews tho and never pulled the trigger.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 pm

A classic!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

A classic!

Great stuff! I'd heard about "Treevenge" but had never seen it before.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 am

Sound advice from Spongebob: Don't be a jerk. It's Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:39 am

Although considered a classic by some, the puppets in this are creepy looking.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:34 am

007 wrote:

That is nightmare fuel! Kill those puppets with fire.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:39 am

http://yougottobekidding.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/wal-mart-called-your-christmas-photos-are-in/

Not a vid but you'll feel better about yourself after looking.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

That is nightmare fuel!  Kill those puppets with fire.

If you get the Johnstown NBC affiliate on your cable, look for it on there. They still play it as far as I know !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Since the link in my original post is long dead, here's a re-up of the creeptacularly hilarious 1948 Christmas classic, "Santa In Animal Land," featuring the most unintentionally terrifying animal puppets ever unleashed upon the Earth. Seriously, even in 1948, I doubt anybody looked at these Hell Critters and thought, "Oh, look, how adorable."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Holiday Videos   Weird Holiday Videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Holiday Videos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: