Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evile - Enter the Grave

Go down 
+14
KissinMaiden
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Todd Jaymz
Wargod
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
GrandNational
TheGooch
Thrasher73
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:44 pm

As soon as we have them in our hands, we'll make them available to you guys, even if it's before the release date, which it probably will be.

ult

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:04 pm

ordered EVILE last night, looking forward to finally hearing the whole thing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Listening to this on Myspace right now.....not bad at all...I hear a very Slayer-ish thing going on especially vocallly. Am I nuts or do others hear this??
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:53 pm

No you're not nuts Scott.Thats the first thought I had.He sounds very similar to Tom Araya.Cant wait to get a copy of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:03 pm

I downloaded it right after I bought it from THEnd. Its as good as you think it is.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 1:48 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
No you're not nuts Scott.Thats the first thought I had.He sounds very similar to Tom Araya.Cant wait to get a copy of this.

yeah there are a few bits where it does sound like tommy A from Slayer but man what an album. could be contender for record of the year
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:32 am

So who has this and what do you think?

Sitting here listening to it right now, and I hear some similarities to Forbidden and old Metallica. On first listen, I'm diggin' it.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:36 am

ultmetal wrote:

Sitting here listening to it right now, and I hear some similarities to Forbidden and old Metallica. On first listen, I'm diggin' it.

ult

Yep its pretty awesome. Nice production values. Great thrash. More Forbidden than old Metallica, methinks. It sounds like it could have been released in '89.
I have recently started buying these releases from the new wave of thrash and Evile and Dekapitator's The Storm Before The Calm are my favorites so far.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:42 am

I have it and I gotta say, out of all the new thrash I purchased lately, this one is getting top spins. Something about it just clicks with me on all levels. The vocals, music, lyrics, production, heck even the booklet & inserts are all top notch. That's not to say that I'm not enjoying Hyades, Municipal Waste, etc., but this one is just firing on all pistons. Really can't say enough good things about this band and this release. If you're into thrash, you really need to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:39 am

Listened to all the songs on myspace....getting this asap haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:44 am

Some nice moments on it but overall really same-y and unexciting. They are good musicians and the lead guitar is especially good but the songs are only OK. The vocals need a better melody and overall their songwriting needs a boost but they definitely have potential. This is only their first release though.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:45 pm

Gonna listen to it on the way to work tomorrow! Just got it tonight.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:

ult

I haven't bought many thrash albums this year, but this is my favorite so far.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:

ult

Evile used to be called Metal Militia basing most of there sets on Metallica covers, i guess thats where the Metallica influence shows...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Good stuff and I notice the Forbidden which is a great thing. Nice to have new bands sound like this.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:49 pm

i like these guys pretty good. they do the old style well.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:57 pm

This cd still gets reqular spins for me.One of my faves from last year.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Anyone ever see this

http://rockworld.tv/1541.html
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 am

Great cd, even better live.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 pm

i bought this album the week it came out but never really got into it as much as i thoguht i would it just seems sort of forced
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:08 pm

It was good at the time as there wasn't much to rival it and Earache were pimping it out to the end and so were the band to be fair to them, but some albums released since are much better, Savage Messiah & Warpath & Avenger of Blood to name a few.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:13 pm

the new gamam bomb album is better from what i have heard

earache wil probably push the whole thrash scene until it gets old and dies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:23 pm

TheGooch wrote:

of course they will, they are the new Roadrunner but with worse bands than RR.

I was delighted when Pitiful Reign signed with Punishment 18 for their album, Earache came over here looking for bands too, they wanted to sign "X" amount of Thrash Metal bands when they took on Evile & Gama Bomb, if that's the way they want to run it then let 'em off, they will place them on the heap when say "Death" takes off again.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Locky wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

of course they will, they are the new Roadrunner but with worse bands than RR.

I was delighted when Pitiful Reign signed with Punishment 18 for their album, Earache came over here looking for bands too, they wanted to sign "X" amount of Thrash Metal bands when they took on Evile & Gama Bomb, if that's the way they want to run it then let 'em off, they will place them on the heap when say "Death" takes off again.

some of the music is very good but i dont really buy into it as it has been done before. why do i need to rebuy other older albums i have if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evile - Enter the Grave   Evile - Enter the Grave - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evile - Enter the Grave
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next