Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, I'm about to enter unemployment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Empty
PostSubject: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:56 pm

It's too bad, because I like my job at Stream. There are no openings for me, and on Wednesday, it will be my last day. I made friends with several people who worked there. I started sitting near a guy who I found out likes metal recently, and became friends with him. It was really nice to have a place I worked at that was just a five minute walk from my house. Anyways, I guess it's time for me to seek a new job.

I've been working at Stream for over two years now, and have worked on three contracts in the building during my stay there. I worked at the Rogers contract for the longest time frame, and that one happened to be my favorite of the three contracts. I remember there was a long time gap in between calls there, so I could often take in my Game Boy Advance to work and play that in between calls. Also, there were some hot chicks that worked on the contract right next to us (on the other side of the room) my friends at Rogers would constantly rave about.

I originally disliked my job, as I worked for the most hectic contract in the building at first. After two months, I got dropped from the contract, but the day after, I got called, saying they were considering me for another contract in the building. (This obviously means they saw some good qualities in me as a worker.) Two weeks later, I was back to work, and I liked this contract a lot more. I got along with everyone, and the contract was much more suited to my working style.

Overall, I am not available for any contract in the building at the moment. At least I can enjoy myself for awhile this summer, and seek employment in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:32 pm

I did 9 months of unemployment after the Air Force. I was making $380 a week and living with my mother! It was a sweet deal. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:34 pm

Quote :
I was making $380 a week and living with my mother!

So not much has changed?

Good Luck RF!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks. I hope I can find a new job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
I was making $380 a week and living with my mother!

So not much has changed?

Good Luck RF!
Pffft! Wrong...sort of. Haha. Believe it or not, my mother lives with me now in the second floor of my house.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 6:33 pm

unemployment sucks. i've been fortunate that it's never happened to me, however my brother has been unemployed for about 9 months now. it's taken a toll on him, not only financially, but on his self esteem.

i hope yours is a short one & you are back to working a good job soon.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Best wishes on finding a new job. Unemployment sucks!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:07 pm

I've been a stay-at-home dad for the last 4 years. I'm currently finishing my Associates Degree in Information Technologies.

I'm DYING to find a job!! It's been rather monotonous the last few years. Get up, take care of the boy, do my schoolwork, eat, go to bed, same thing the next day...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 am

Good Luck with the job hunt RF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I'm about to enter unemployment   Well, I'm about to enter unemployment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, I'm about to enter unemployment
Page 1 of 1