Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR

Go down 
+29
Hamer12
Joe
Ricky
SAHB Healer
chewie
Andy
jettafiend
Rex
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Leatherface
Gryphon-kl
stepcousin
manny
mc666
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
brokentulsa
akeldama
Dark Horseman
nevermore
tohostudios
MoonChild
Witchfinder
James B.
fingers
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Lynyrd Skynyrd vs Creedance Clearwater Revival
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Vote_lcap57%Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Vote_rcap
 57% [ 20 ]
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Vote_lcap43%Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Vote_rcap
 43% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Empty
PostSubject: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 am

Lynyrd Skynyrd hands down
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 am

I like both

Skynyrd had more variation in the tunes and way better musicians

I have older siblings and understood at an early age the concept of the counter culture that was prevalent in alot of CCR tunes.

I choose Skynyrd

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 am

Skynyrd. CCR annoys the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 am

fingers wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd hands down

Right on!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 am

Skynyrd for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am

CCR for me.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Like CCR but original LS is incredible.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 pm

CCR, Skynyrd annoys the smurf outta me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Skynyrd is the very definition of REDNECK MUSIC, I hate them vehemently (both rednecks and the band). Honestly, the only Southern Rock music that doesn't make me puke is the early Allman Brothers albums when Duane was still alive.

Aside from that the entire genre of music could disappear from the face of the earth and I'd be perfectly happy.

CCR is peerless.

These two bands have absolutely NOTHING in common, so why we're comparing them in the first place is kind of a head scratcher.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Lynyrd Skynyrd all the way! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
Skynyrd is the very definition of REDNECK MUSIC, I hate them vehemently (both rednecks and the band). Honestly, the only Southern Rock music that doesn't make me puke is the early Allman Brothers albums when Duane was still alive.

Aside from that the entire genre of music could disappear from the face of the earth and I'd be perfectly happy.

CCR is peerless.

These two bands have absolutely NOTHING in common, so why we're comparing them in the first place is kind of a head scratcher.

At least you are keeping your elitist street-cred burnished. Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR 25679
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Fingers bizarre world of polls edition XI Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:55 pm

CCR, no question. That was an easy one for me, since I own exactly ONE CCR album (Chronicles) and NO Skynyrd.

I had a Best of Skynyrd cassette years ago, but I've never bothered to upgrade. Aside from a couple hits, I'm not a fan.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Skynyrd. Been a fan for decades.

I like CCR. Saw them in concert once.

Molly Hatchet is my favorite Southern Rock band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Skynyrd. CCR annoys the hell out of me.

This ! John Fogerty has got to be one of the worst vocalists of all time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:15 pm

I actually like CCR but Fogerty's voice does get annoying after a while.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I have all of CCR's and Skynyrd (I have LS for posterity, I guess) and the thing about Skynyrd and most Southern Rock in general is it's too "Confederate" in it's ways of thinking.

The early Allmans, Hydra and Ultra and to a far lesser degree Molly Hatchett and Point Blank are pretty much the only Southern Rock I listen to.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

i like both of them, but they don't sound comparable to me. so i won't vote in this..

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
i like both of them, but they don't sound comparable to me. so i won't vote in this..

I was thinking the same thing, I don't get the connection, what next AC/DC vs The Sex Pistols?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:45 pm

I actually like these random polls sometimes. I think it's interesting to pick a favorite between two disparate bands.

A poll between Queen and AC/DC for example would probably make my head explode.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:21 pm

both bands were from different eras, CCR was done before Skynyrd even has a first album out. I chose LS on just the guitars alone, not to mention better musicianship just about every where else as well. I dig CCR, probably more than most but I'd rather have Skynyrd's discography that CCR's.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 am

CCR by a long way. Skynyrd never really clicked for me.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 am

S.D. wrote:

They were around at the same era ok CCR were around slightly earlier, also who cares if Lynyrd Skynyrd's music appeals to redknecks what matters most is they write great songs and have great guitar players and have influenced a smurf poo load of metal bands and rock bands.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 am

Skynyrd for "Simple Man" alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 am

S.D. wrote:
Skynyrd is the very definition of REDNECK MUSIC, I hate them vehemently (both rednecks and the band).

quite subjective

kinda like saying elite-ist, snobish, self absorbed people are the defintion of jazz enthusiasts

PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR   Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd vs CCR
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next