Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)

Go down 
+4
nevermore
Required Fields
tohostudios
mikeinfla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Empty
PostSubject: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 2:19 pm

https://wowway.net/news/read/article/the_associated_press-former_lynyrd_skynyrd_guitarist_ed_king_dies_at_ag-ap/category/entertainment
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Geez I'm not even sure who's in Skynyrd anymore these days.  So many of the original AND subsequent members have passed away.

RIP

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 7:31 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 9:30 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 9:52 pm

RIP

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 pm

RIP, sir.

I honestly couldn't tell ya if there are any original members left.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 9:59 am

the sentinel wrote:
RIP, sir.

Gary Rossington is the only original/founding member still in the band. Johnny Van Zant has been singing for them since '87, so he's probably got the the 2nd longest tenure at this point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 12:24 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 6:20 pm

I loved the era of Skynyrd that had Hughie Thomason, Ricky Medlocke and Gary Rossington on guitar with Johnny Van Zandt on vox.  But sadly Hughie is no longer with us either.  Checking their web site apparently Ricky (Blackfoot) Medlocke is still with the band but it's just not the same IMO.  Ricky's stage antics while playing guitar were the perfect counterpoint to Hughie just stoically standing there and shredding.  Any other guitar player might translate OK on CD but the live performance I have of that band from the early 2000s is one of my favorite concert DVDs

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
RIP, sir.

Gary Rossington is the only original/founding member still in the band. Johnny Van Zant has been singing for them since '87, so he's probably got the the 2nd longest tenure at this point.

Oh, okay. Thanks, Dave. On a somewhat related not, the other night I was in a local shop and saw a Rossington Collins band CD in a box of stuff the owner had just purchased from a dude the day before. I haven't heard "Don't Misunderstand Me" in like forever and a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)   RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP - Ed King (Skynyrd)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: