Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Go down 
+12
XYZ
the sentinel
MetalRob331
manny
SAHB Healer
EvyMetal
candlemass
stepcousin
TheGooch
T-Roy
DallasBlack
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Ult: "Southern Rock! Any questions?"

lol! not at all man, not at all.
What a band though!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Great band! The top of the heap for Southern Rock, and one of the finest in 1970's rock in general.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:57 pm

FREE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Free Bird.. say it's overplayed all you want man, but everytime it gets to the solo, I'm on the verge of crying, I ain't cried for more than 3 years now. I think I'll play the solo on guitar, yes, then I shall release some true manly emotion! 🤘

Really though it is one of the most felt songs I've ever heard.

About Skynyrd in general though, I do wish that after the tragic crash it all just ended, as in they at least started as a different band. I think it would've helped the rest of them (and the fans) cope with their losses a lot more.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 1:18 pm

I love Free Bird as well, however "Free Bird!!!!!" is a southern cry of Skynyrd pride. I am a Texan and I have no Southern Accent (except the one I fake) but I LOVE good Ol' Southern Rock. Apart from Skynard I am a huge fan of the Van Zant Brothers (Ronnie and Donnie), and even though they have their fair share of pop rock music (which I like), .38 Special can write some kick butt Southern rock as well.
Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 1:20 pm

I've never been into southern rock in general. But I am getting more and more into it.

I love the songs I've heard from Lynyrd Skynyrd. I need to pick up one of their cds.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Mylon LeFevre was good. My dad use to LOVE that guy. I've never really enjoyed S.R. myself, but some stuff is okay.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 pm

the only songs i know are free bird and sweet home but they are awesome songs and you can see the influnce on modern bands like down
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:29 pm

I dont have any Skynyrd albums but they are legends. I love that 70's southern rock style bands like Molly hatchet, 38 Special(the early stuff), Skynyrd, etc..
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 am

i must agree the 70s southern rock sound is awesome i heard sweet home alabama the other day and it still sounds fresh
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:52 am

TheGooch wrote:
i must agree the 70s southern rock sound is awesome i heard sweet home alabama the other day and it still sounds fresh

I gotta be honest, I have no love for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:56 am

i would not buy any of their albums or anything but i still like them
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:30 am

TheGooch wrote:
i would not buy any of their albums or anything but i still like them

Save your $ for Thr Doors box set! cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 pm

I for one like southern rock. Maybe it's the southern in me (yes, I know I'm in the southwest, but only people in the "true" south don't think that counts) or the fact that I grew up listening to country (real country not young country) and southern rock mixes that with hard rock. Either way I say to each his own.

Any southern rock fans reading this, if you haven't, check out Van Zants' Brother To Brother, you might want to. Southern rock is synonymous with the Van Zant name and Donnie and Ronnie know how to deliver the goods. Just thought I'd put that out there.
Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 6:46 pm

Does The Eagles count as southern rock? I like them.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:48 am

has anybody checked out Dimebag/Rex/Vinnie's side project with David Allen Coe's Rebel Meets Rebel? I f-ing love this album. Thought I'd post it here since the album states it's not metal and its not country. Its pretty damn good
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:11 am

I love southern rock, especially bands with twin guitar jams. Unfortunately I listened to so much of it in the 70's that most of the better bands (Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top, Blackfoot, Outlaws, etc.) got kind of played out for me. The ones that I didn't know about then that are still fresh for me are Hydra, Point Blank, and this one that was recorded back then but never released, Ultra. Also Roky Erickson is kind of a twisted southern rock sorta.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Found this old thread on Lynyrd Skynyrd, I just watched half of my dvd of Free Bird/Tribute, I watched the Freebird half which is made up of clips of the original line up from mid 70's live shows. I had forgotten how good the original line up was and the late Ronnie Van Zant barely moved on stage but what a killer voice.

Some of the footage is from their UK tour, and the English love them, I once asked an English friend of mine, why Skynyrd was so popular over there. They are southern rock band a purely American phenomenia, he simply told me it was the tunes mate. So Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines and rest of Skynyrd boys thank you for the music
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:52 pm

One of my favorite bands EVER.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 am

It was 31 years ago today that plane crashed that claimed the lives of Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, and Cassie Gaines took place. Fly on Freebird, R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:43 pm

Skynyrd is a terrific band. I only own 4 albums by them, but I find that when I put these in the player I really enjoy their "non hits" more than the singles that are a bit played out on radio. I would like to finish off their discography someday, though. Peace.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Good band, but I usually go with The Allman Brothers when it comes to southern rock.
Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Great band that has way more then it's share of tragedy. Some of the newer stuff is worth checking out if all you know are the hits.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:16 pm

Casual Skynyrd fan. I have a "Best of" collection and a few vinyl albums my mom gave me, which I have no means of playing.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm

AWESOME STUFF
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

Lynyrd Skynyrd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd   Lynyrd Skynyrd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next