Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if......................

Go down 
+29
choosemetal
metalhead777
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
akeldama
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Citanul
CRIMSONMASK
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
Hadley
TheGreatDuck
iamrockerfun
SpectreFate
Vexer6
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
James B.
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

What if...................... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:10 pm

James B. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
What if Dio had stayed in Rainbow? Would Dio's influence have been as big as it is?

Blackmore would of split earlier than he did and if Dio wouldn't of been in Sabbath. I don't thing the band DIO would of appeared. At least not in that incarnation and perhaps even style of music.

Regarding Criss Oliva.....Jon wouldn't weigh over 300 lbs now and we'd not wonder "what if"

That is true, sadly, Jon has never gotten over the loss of Criss.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

What if David Wayne wasn't killed in a car wreck ? Would we have a continuance of both Reverend and Wayne (the solo band)? and would he be doing the reunion thing on the cruise?
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 pm

What if Chuck Shuldiner hadn't died? What direction would Death have gone in?

What if Ray Gillen hadn't died? Would Badlands have had more success?

What if that Rhode Island nightclub fire never happened? Would Great White have reformed sooner with a new sound?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

What if Ray Gillen hadn't died? Would Badlands have had more success?

Unfortunate as it is (and I love those first 2 albums), these guys were coming in towards the tail end of the hair band era already. Very few, no matter how talented, were spared in the great grunge tidal wave.

Even if Ray was alive and they continued to record, they would've fallen into the same fate of other bands of that time. They'd probably keep a low profile through most of the 90's, releasing an album or 2, playing small clubs, etc., then come back to ride the wave of nostalgia of the 2000's.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Pretty much though it's too bad. They weren't really a hair band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Pretty much though it's too bad. They weren't really a hair band.

Certainly not. But they weren't grunge or alternative either and that's what radio, tv and publications wanted.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:31 pm

What if Dio didn't get cancer and die?

I think Heaven & Hell would have released one last great album before Tony and Geezer took the money for the Ozzy album. Dio would have put out another great solo album
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I think Heaven & Hell would have released one last great album before Tony and Geezer took the money for the Ozzy album. Dio would have put out another great solo album

Which would have been the follow-up to Magica.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Did you not like Master Of The Moon?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Did you not like Master Of The Moon?

MotM was good but didn't not great. It has some good songs but quite a bit of filler. However, I was refering the fact that the next Dio album that was planned was the sequel to Magica.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm

What if Pantera had kept the style from the Power Metal album?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Hadley wrote:
What if Pantera had kept the style from the Power Metal album?

Sadly, they probably would have faded into obscurity. While their old style is highly appreciated today, they didn't make much headway until Cowboys. If groove metal still caught on (they made it popular but they weren't the only ones), some other band would be blamed. The only good thing is Dimebag might still be alive, if no he'd be like Criss Oliva, he'd only be remembered by a small number of people.

Last edited by DallasBlack on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Speaking of which, what if Dimebag wasn't shot? Would Damageplan have become as big of a success as Pantera?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Speaking of which, what if Dimebag wasn't shot? Would Damageplan have become as big of a success as Pantera?

No
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 pm

007 wrote:
What if David Wayne wasn't killed in a car wreck ? Would we have a continuance of both Reverend and Wayne (the solo band)? and would he be doing the reunion thing on the cruise?
Motorcycle, not car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 am

I don't know if it's cause I'm getting old or what ?

Part of the game was for people to give their take on their own question and not just throw one out there.

Regarding Darrell A not being murdered......Damageplan would be done and I'd see a "reunion" of Pantera happening. Not with Phil but Terry.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:51 am

James B. wrote:

Part of the game was for people to give their take on their own question and not just throw one out there.

Easier to ask hypothetical questions than it is to answer them Wink .
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 am

DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:

Easier to ask hypothetical questions than it is to answer them Wink .

It stimulates dialogue better that way I suppose ?.....already gives reason to agree, elaborate, or give another take altogether.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:57 am

It is because you're old. And crotchety. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It is because you're old. And crotchety. Smile

Regarding crotchety....that is an adjective that can be miscontrued and used for numerous applicable aspects of humor,

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Back to the original What If.....

1)I agree about Led Zeppelin. Don't think they go much longer even if Bonham lives. I've actually come to really like those later Zeppelin albums. And I've always had a soft spot for Plant's solo discs. Another thing I wonder is if Bonham were alive today would we be any closer to a reunion? Sadly probably not I'm thinking.

2)I'd say AC/DC has the same career path they followed after Bon Scott's passing. Only with better song writing as mentioned.

3) Schenker staying in UFO gives them more of a legacy. I always think outside of their fan base they don't get their just due. They become less overlooked.

4) Since Creatures is where I became a big Kiss fan I'll have to say it is impossible for me to image that not in the Kiss catalogue even with Criss still in the band.

5)I think with Bruce joining Maiden it was just the right person with the right pieces at the right time. Maiden staying with Di'Anno still does really well through the 80's just not at the level they would achieve. Interestingly I see Bruce having a really solid solo career (once he bails on Samson) without having joined Maiden.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:53 pm

What if Wino and Lemmy recorded an album together?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

akeldama wrote:
What if Wino and Lemmy recorded an album together?

It would be freakin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
What if Sepultura never fired Max's wife and he remained with the band?

Obviously we wouldn't have Soulfly. Not quite sure how it would effect their music. Would they still have created the albums they did (without a different vocalist obviously)? Or would they have evolved into a nu-metal band like Soulfly? I'm not familiar enough with Soulfly or latter day Sepultura to answer this.

I'd only call the first two Soulfly albums nu-metal, and maybe the third. Anything Soulfly did afterwards is definitely not nu-metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 am

What if Testament was allowed to keep the name Legacy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if......................
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: