Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if......................

Go down 
+29
choosemetal
metalhead777
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
akeldama
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Citanul
CRIMSONMASK
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
Hadley
TheGreatDuck
iamrockerfun
SpectreFate
Vexer6
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
James B.
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

What if...................... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Ravenscraig wrote:

Let's talk Maiden... what if Steve Harris had left the band... say after "No Prayer for the Dying"? Would they still be around?

My guess is that obviously Bruce would've left straight after "Fear of the Dark" anyway and the band wouldn't have made it through the rest of the 90's. A 00's reunion would've happened but there wouldn't have been any "Blaze albums"... who would've written the songs anyway?

It's Steve's band - if he decided to leave there would have been no Maiden. No songs would have been written, no albums released. Maiden doesn't go forward without Steve.

+ 1
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Quote :

thejokeriv wrote:Ravenscraig wrote:
Let's talk Maiden... what if Steve Harris had left the band... say after "No Prayer for the Dying"? Would they still be around?

My guess is that obviously Bruce would've left straight after "Fear of the Dark" anyway and the band wouldn't have made it through the rest of the 90's. A 00's reunion would've happened but there wouldn't have been any "Blaze albums"... who would've written the songs anyway?
It's Steve's band - if he decided to leave there would have been no Maiden. No songs would have been written, no albums released. Maiden doesn't go forward without Steve.
+ 1

Precisely my thoughts. Harris IS Maiden. Probably the most iconic metal musican ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Ravenscraig wrote:
Quote :

thejokeriv wrote:Ravenscraig wrote:

+ 1

Precisely my thoughts. Harris IS Maiden. Probably the most iconic metal musican ever.

Iron Maiden without Steve Harris would be right up there with the notion of Megadeth without Dave Mustaine.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 pm

What if Bob Rock never got involved with Metallica?

What if Slayer came out with Show No Mercy just like they did, but after that, ditched the satanic lyrics and album covers, but still had the exact same songs and albums (just different, "regular" lyrics)?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:37 pm

metalheaded wrote:
What if Bob Rock never got involved with Metallica?

The one that I thought of was what if Martin Birch had said yes to Metallica rather than turning them down. I honestly think that would have been great, but he was already scaling back and had enough with Maiden. This would have taken care of the Bob Rock issue, but may have meant that they never hit the heights of popularity that they did.

The Slayer thing? It would have been too soon to ditch the image that had helped make them a cult band and they would have been accused of selling out, even if the music was the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if......................
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: