Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if......................

Go down 
+29
choosemetal
metalhead777
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
akeldama
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Citanul
CRIMSONMASK
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
Hadley
TheGreatDuck
iamrockerfun
SpectreFate
Vexer6
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
James B.
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

What if...................... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
What if Jason Newsted didn't get the bass gig for Metallica?
What if Chris Poland and Gar Sumelson were never fired from Megadeth or at least stayed in the band for a couple of more records?
What if John Arch stayed in Fates Warning?
What if Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone didn't overdose?
Also, What if Jason Newstead didn't leave Metallica in 2001? What if Lars wasn't such a total douchebag about the whole Napster thing?
What if Joey Vera agreed to join Metallica?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 pm

What if James LaBrie wasn't picked to replace Dominici in Dream Theater?
What if Jani Lane was never forced to use "Cherry Pie" as the single and name of the album?
What if Alice Cooper never became a Christian?
What would have happened to Christian metal if Stryper never got mainstream recognition?
What if Ozzy cleaned up his act after leaving Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:30 am

Leatherface wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
What if Chris Poland and Gar Sumelson were never fired from Megadeth or at least stayed in the band for a couple of more records?
Also, What if Jason Newstead didn't leave Metallica in 2001? What if Lars wasn't such a total douchebag about the whole Napster thing?
What if Joey Vera agreed to join Metallica?
To go along with that, What if Dave Pritchard hadn't died?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:35 am

very good ideas/opinions over here. very like it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 am

What if UDO hadn't stopped his solo band after "Timebomb". More killer leads form Mathias Dieth?
And how would the "Magica II" sound.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Speaking of Kiss, what would've happened if Mark St. John hadn't suffered from that crippling illness(forgot what it was called) that made him unable to play guitar for several years? would the band have continued to go in a heavier direction? Also what if Eric Carr hadn't died? Would they have gone in a different direction then they did in the 90s?

Regarding St. John.....he was on the way out the door I believe anyway. Too many interviews afterwards of gene despsising that bumble bee guitar style.

Eric would of went on the sidelines when they did the reunion tour or maybe they may have done a few "Creature tunes" with him in the fox make-up (doubtful)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 am

What if Lynard Skynard never got on the plane?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 am

Leatherface wrote:

Regarding Newsted......F & J would of still stayed at the level of popularity they acheived.

Regarding Poland and Samuelson.....I don't see too much of a variance away from what Megadeth did anyways. The flare may have been different with the drums and some solos, but Dave was still driving the car regardless of who was riding with him.

Regarding Wood....we wouln't of never got Temple Of The Dog

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

Leatherface wrote:
What if Lynard Skynard never got on the plane?

I feel they would of took it to that next level. Hit the pinnacle of creativity with that line-up within a few years ( early 1980's) and either brought in some fresh blood or called it a day.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

What if Johnny Z & Brian Slagel grew up disco fans?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am

DallasBlack wrote:
What if Jani Lane was never forced to use "Cherry Pie" as the single and name of the album?
What would have happened to Christian metal if Stryper never got mainstream recognition?

Regarding Jani Lane.......grunge would of still arrived and that flavor of music would of still been left in the dust.

Regarding Cooper.....he'd no longer be with us. Except, I think he was raised Chrisitian and fell away, then recomitted his life to Christ again ?

Regarding Christian Metal and Stryper..... you still would of had churches spring up to minister to musicians but maybe the dynamic of those churches starting record labels maybe wouldn't of happened.

Regarding Ozzy.....If a clean Ozzy was runnin around, Sharon wouldn't of needed to come and rescue him and take the reigns of his career. As much as she "ruins" things today. Ozzy wouldn't be where he is today if there wasn't a Sharon around back then.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:42 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
What if Johnny Z & Brian Slagel grew up disco fans?

The premise is to answer your own questions, it stimulates discussion.

Regarduing Slagel and Johhny Z.......given their respective ages and other demographic attributes, I'd wager thay did more than their fair share of "the hustle" and other disco dance steps.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 am

What if music fans learned how to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
What if music fans learned how to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd?

"If you can't spell Lynyrd Skynyrd correctly...you might be a redneck"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 am

James B. wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Speaking of Kiss, what would've happened if Mark St. John hadn't suffered from that crippling illness(forgot what it was called) that made him unable to play guitar for several years? would the band have continued to go in a heavier direction? Also what if Eric Carr hadn't died? Would they have gone in a different direction then they did in the 90s?

Regarding St. John.....he was on the way out the door I believe anyway. Too many interviews afterwards of gene despsising that bumble bee guitar style.

Eric would of went on the sidelines when they did the reunion tour or maybe they may have done a few "Creature tunes" with him in the fox make-up (doubtful)

Gene and Paul would have pushed for the Reunion tour to be with Eric (like they did between the release of Hot In The Shade and its tour). Promoters would have said no - it has to be Peter to do the tour, Eric on sidelines like James said
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 am

DallasBlack wrote:

LaBrie wouldn't have made so many guest appearances on other people's albums. Smile

I don't think a different singer (or retaining Dominci) would have had too much of an impact on Dream Theater. I don't know how much LaBrie contributes musically, but I would suspect it's not a significant amount, and the bulk of the lyrics have been written by Petrucci and Portnoy (and Moore early on). For Dream Theater, I don't think the choice of singer was as important as it would have been for other bands.

What if Criss Oliva hadn't been killed in that accident?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 am

Citanul wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

LaBrie wouldn't have made so many guest appearances on other people's albums. Smile

I don't think a different singer (or retaining Dominci) would have had too much of an impact on Dream Theater. I don't know how much LaBrie contributes musically, but I would suspect it's not a significant amount, and the bulk of the lyrics have been written by Petrucci and Portnoy (and Moore early on). For Dream Theater, I don't think the choice of singer was as important as it would have been for other bands.

What if Criss Oliva hadn't been killed in that accident?

TSO's guitar work would be even better!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:15 am

I think Led Zeppelin would have continued but with John Paul Jones being the more creative force with Jimmy Page taking a back seat for the rest of the decade. Robert Plant had an itch to go solo and he would have had a con current solo career but not as successful.

I think if Bon Scott would not have died, the band would still be huge, and while the follow up to Highway to Hell would not have sold as well, but there career would have still exploded and Bon would be a living legend as opposed to a dead myth.

If Schenker had stayed in UFO, I predict the band would have exploded during the 80's, when their combination of heaviness and melodic music would have made them big stars, even if their mugs where not MTV ready made. Phil Mogg would refuse to go to rehab and Schenker would continue to disappear from time to time.

KISS being KISS would have fired Peter Criss anyway, and hire someone to wear his trademark make........ wait that already happened.

Iron Maiden would be huge band everywhere in the world but here, if D'ianno had remained in the band,

If Jim Morrison had lived, I still think he would not only have left the Doors but drop out of music all together, and would have become a recluse, the JD Salinger of Rock n Roll. Where Morrison would preverse pleasure in turning down millions and millions of dollars to take part in a reunion tour.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 am

James B. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Regarding Jani Lane.......grunge would of still arrived and that flavor of music would of still been left in the dust.

Remember though, Jani's drug problems that led to his death was heavily influenced by his hatred of Cherry Pie. Grunge would still have happened and that style of music would still find itself left behind, but Jani might still be alive.

Citanul wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I guess I should have said: What if Dream Theater never replaced Dominici with James LaBrie (i.e. Dominici stayed with them)?

James voice (while a love/hate thing for many people) was a huge part on DT's sound (particularly the vocal melodies). Dominici was not that great of a vocalist back then (though he has improved over the years) and was more like a poor man's Geddy Lee. He didn't have the range or the charisma of LaBrie. DT's biggest success was in touring and a vocalist with power, range, and charisma is VERY essential for that (whether he has song writing input or not).

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:01 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Remember though, Jani's drug problems that led to his death was heavily influenced by his hatred of Cherry Pie. Grunge would still have happened and that style of music would still find itself left behind, but Jani might still be alive.

Nah, that dude was a train wreck. While he might have hated 'Cherry Pie' for a time, I think his decent was more likely attributed to the end of the their popularity in general. After grunge wiped out the hairbands of the 80's, the whole lot of them couldn't get arrested. It's tough to be everyone's "Golden Boy" that can do no wrong one minute, then thrown out on your ass the next.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 pm

What if Dio had stayed in Rainbow? Would Dio's influence have been as big as it is?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
What if Dio had stayed in Rainbow? Would Dio's influence have been as big as it is?

Blackmore would of split earlier than he did and if Dio wouldn't of been in Sabbath. I don't thing the band DIO would of appeared. At least not in that incarnation and perhaps even style of music.

Regarding Criss Oliva.....Jon wouldn't weigh over 300 lbs now and we'd not wonder "what if"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:25 pm

What if Geoff Tate had stayed in Myth?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

We'd have Myth and Geoff Tate's Myth playing different venues.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

We'd have Myth and Geoff Tate's Myth playing different venues.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if......................
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: