Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if......................

Go down 
+29
choosemetal
metalhead777
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
akeldama
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Citanul
CRIMSONMASK
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
Hadley
TheGreatDuck
iamrockerfun
SpectreFate
Vexer6
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
James B.
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

What if...................... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 pm

What is Rush never fired their original drummer and hired Neil Peart?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Alex and Geddy would've had to write their own lyrics all these years Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm

James B. wrote:
I was gonna post this in Let The Music Do The Talkin ?

If it needs to me moved, feel free, no harm...no foul.....no hurt feelings

Anyways. on with it ! I'll give a question and my own take...please give your opinion as well, if any.

1) What if John Bonham wouldn't of died ? Would Zeppelin have continued with the keyboard based music ?

I believe Zeppelin would of called it a day shortly thereafter anyways

2)What if Bon Scott hadn't of died and finished what had been initially began on Back in Black ? Would it have been the huge success it became ?

Maybe, maybe not - part of how good BiB is came from the darkess they were facing after Bon's death. The vocals would have been better, would the music have been as good? That I don't know. Mutt Lange changed the production to fit Brian's vocals on the album. The production would have been different too. I think they would have gotten big, but not sure if it would as sold as well as it did

3)What if Schenker stayed with UFO after the American succes of Strangers In The Night ? How different would the next studio lp of been than other than No Place To Run with Chapman ?

Don't know enough about UFO to answer that question!

4)What if Peter Criss had stayed in KISS ? Would The Elder or even Creatures of ever happened ?

Either Paul and Gene would have fired him at one point (they had two votes to one, even though Ace voted to fire him too at that point too) Or they would have faded into obscurity in the 80's

5)What if Di' Anno wouldn't of been fired from Maiden ? Would the band be as huge as they are now ? even together still ? or would of Bruce been a star if he stayed with Samson ?

No, they never would have as big if Di'Anno had stayed - they needed Bruce to break through big time. Sampson would have fallen apart, Bruce would have had success somewhere along the way but not as big as Maiden. Paul would be dead at this point (or in jail), Maiden would have found another singer not as good as Bruce and stayed a Theater/Larger club band

Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, I'll play...

What if Metallica hadn't kicked out Dave Mustaine?

Hmmm.... The songs would have been better - they probably still would have done the Black Album, but with better riffs thanks to Mustaine. James and Dave would have died from heroin OD's in the 90's and Lars would become an olympic tennis coach. Cliff would have left before the black album, deciding he didn't want to go that route

ultmetal wrote:
What if Ozzy would have remained out of Sabbath in 1978 and Never Say Die was released with Dave Walker behind the mic. Would the incredible Dio-era Sabbath albums ever have happened?

The Walker album would have failed, he would have been fired and DIo would still be available

ultmetal wrote:
What if the entire Vengeance Rising line-up hadn't quit after "Once Dead"? "Destruction Comes" would have been a completely different, and probably incredible album.

It probably would have been a better album and not the mess it turned out to be

jettafiend wrote:
What if Steve Clark would not have passed away when he did? Would Def Leppard have continued the downward spiral after Hysteria?

The songs would have been better - Steve's riff would have made the song less boring

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They would have faded away after a few albums since the original drummer wouldn't have been able to play at the level of the songs Alex/Geddy were writing
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They would have faded away after a few albums since the original drummer wouldn't have been able to play at the level of the songs Alex/Geddy were writing

Makes sense to me

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:30 pm

What if Sepultura never fired Max's wife and he remained with the band?

Obviously we wouldn't have Soulfly. Not quite sure how it would effect their music. Would they still have created the albums they did (without a different vocalist obviously)? Or would they have evolved into a nu-metal band like Soulfly? I'm not familiar enough with Soulfly or latter day Sepultura to answer this.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

What if Grim Reaper had been able to release they're planned fourth album(which was supposedly going in a more commercial direction) would they have become more of a success?

What if Rick Allen didn't lose his arm in a car accident? Would Hysteria have still happened or would the band have gone in a different direction? Same with Steve Clark's death, how different would've Adrenalize turned out?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Quote :
What if Grim Reaper had been able to release they're planned fourth album(which was supposedly going in a more commercial direction) would they have become more of a success?

No. I think their band name had as much to do with their lack of success as did their poor record label promotion.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:38 pm

what if Rob Halford didn't leave from JP after Painkiller ?

what if Bruce Dickinson didn't leave IM after FotD album ?

what if jimi Hendrix didn't die, where all the guitars would be now and players ?

what if Jim Morrison didn't die ?

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

No. I think their band name had as much to do with their lack of success as did their poor record label promotion.
The reaosn they didn't release a foruth album is because Epic Records just dropped them with no explanation.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

What if Rick Allen didn't lose his arm in a car accident? Would Hysteria have still happened or would the band have gone in a different direction? Same with Steve Clark's death, how different would've Adrenalize turned out?

Grim Reaper - Nope, Beavis and Butthead would have killed their career

Hysteria would have still happened, Adrenalize would have been a better album
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Let's not forget their image. They were coming up in the MTV age and image, like it or not, played a big part. If they were to remain a heavy metal band with a cult following, they might've gotten away with it. There's plenty of ugly dudes in metal. But a more commercial direction needed a good look to go with it. Even before Beavis & Butthead got a hold of them, Steve Grimmit couldn't compete with Bret Michaels or Jon Bon Jovi.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:06 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:

what if jimi Hendrix didn't die, where all the guitars would be now and players ?

Wasn't there some talks of Hendrix forming a HELP supergroup, joining ELP as a guitarist? Would have been pretty interesting...
Some other what ifs:

Schenker:
manages to get Geddy Lee and Neil Peart as his rhythm section
joins Ozzy Osbourne
joins Aerosmith
and I believe there were some other possibilities open too, just can't remember them now...

George Lynch joins Ozzy

Randy Rhoads doesn't die in a plane crash

Cliff Burton doesn't die

Gillan joins Rainbow

Zepp replace Bonzo with Carmine Appice

Jon Lord:
joins Rainbow
joins Bad Co.

Coverdale joins Sabbath
Graham Bonnett joins Sabbath
John Lawton joins Sabbath

Coverdale keeps Sykes

some off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
what if Rob Halford didn't leave from JP after Painkiller ?

Priest would have faded away in the US and stuck to theaters/large clubs

what if Bruce Dickinson didn't leave IM after FotD album ?

Never come back in the US, arena act world wide (instead of Stadium act in many countries), Adrian wouldn't have returned and we wouldn't have got the awesome 4 post reunion albums.

Don't quite get the questions.... he'd still be very influential (no denying that!) but a young death quickly grows a legacy

what if Jim Morrison didn't die ?

Door would have broken up by the end of the 70's, still remember as a great band, but death has a way of creating a legacy.

Here's another one:
Would Nirvana be remembered like they are if Cobain hadn't offed himself? There is no way, they would have been remembered for one great album, one good album and then the downward spiral. In fact, Nirvana was alway on the downward slide after the release of "In Utero", that would have continued. In Utero sold 1/2 as many copies and I would imagine that trend would continue. They would not be an arena act if Cobain was still alive today.

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 pm

or Rob Halford stay with Sabbath in 92 ... hmm ... What if...................... - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm

What if MTV decided not to promote "grunge" and it never took off?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:17 pm

dats a fine Q as topic itself.
back to Grunge a Nirvana will be dead imo. same scream of style like in 70s 80s. i dont think dat grunge can survive... grunge is dead right now and no one is interested to wear smurf poo* flanel or listen same music style as before.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
What if MTV decided not to promote "grunge" and it never took off?

Grunge and alternative music would've found it's legs eventually on it's own. MTV just sped up the process. The hair band scene was played out. Something had to change.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 pm

What if Udo hadnt left Accept after Russian Roulette? Would we still get Eat The Heat and would it sound less commercial?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Regarding Halford never leaving Priest......They would of went the similar route of most metal bands in the 90's. Concentrate on other markets outside of U.S or do the grunge thing to attempt "commercial" succes here stateside.

Regarding Bruce and Maiden.....I concur with Leo. Maiden wouldn't be where they are today.

The non-deaths of Hendrix and Morrison.......Hendrix would of just lived on the merits of his past. Sure he was innovative and groundbreaking, but.......to expect him to keep coming up with something new and fresh on a continuous basis is quite absurd. Morrison would of attempted to go solo after the demise of The Doors and eventualy become another Elvis...doing the Las Vegas lounge thing.

Regarding Cobain..........His death did more for Nirvana's career than anything they ever recorded. It is quite obvious now who the real talent in that band was.....Dave what's his name.

If Randy never passed away......Ozzy still would of been lookin for another guitar player after the Diary tour.

I wish Sykes would of stayed with Coverdale.

Zeppelin with Carmine wouldn't of worked..... He is talented but doesn't have that "feel" for Bonham's style. Most folks don't understand the timing involved with what Bonham did. It is pure genius when somebody does something that appears to be simple but it actually is not.

A better question regarding MTV is what if it never broadcast on cablr period ?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Even though Peter didn't play on The Elder wasn't he in the video for World Without Heroes?

Nope, that was Eric Carr. Peter had been out of the band for over a year by that point already. He'd only played on one song on Dynasty ("Dirty Livin'") and played nothin' on Unmasked at all. Anton Fig ghosted on both albums.

Crap.. I must have gotten that video confused with a different one. I could have sworn Peter was in a video he didn't even play the drums on or wasn't even on the album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Even though Peter didn't play on The Elder wasn't he in the video for World Without Heroes?

Nope, that was Eric Carr. Peter had been out of the band for over a year by that point already. He'd only played on one song on Dynasty ("Dirty Livin'") and played nothin' on Unmasked at all. Anton Fig ghosted on both albums.

Crap.. I must have gotten that video confused with a different one. I could have sworn Peter was in a video he didn't even play the drums on or wasn't even on the album.

Shandi from Unmasked would the video you were thing of
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Speaking of Kiss, what would've happened if Mark St. John hadn't suffered from that crippling illness(forgot what it was called) that made him unable to play guitar for several years? would the band have continued to go in a heavier direction? Also what if Eric Carr hadn't died? Would they have gone in a different direction then they did in the 90s?
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 pm

What if Jason Newsted didn't get the bass gig for Metallica?
What if Chris Poland and Gar Sumelson were never fired from Megadeth or at least stayed in the band for a couple of more records?
What if John Arch stayed in Fates Warning?
What if Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone didn't overdose?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Leatherface wrote:
What if Jason Newsted didn't get the bass gig for Metallica?
What if Chris Poland and Gar Sumelson were never fired from Megadeth or at least stayed in the band for a couple of more records?
What if John Arch stayed in Fates Warning?
What if Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone didn't overdose?
Also, What if Jason Newstead didn't leave Metallica in 2001? What if Lars wasn't such a total douchebag about the whole Napster thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if......................   What if...................... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if......................
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: