Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*

Go down 
+66
Lari
Addy
choosemetal
Runicen
Glower
TrogDawn
mlotek
Thelemech
MetalRob331
MoonChild
Required Fields
akeldama
Joe
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
sheets
ElectricEye93
AutumnShantel
ZombieHavoc
Dellocatus
iamrockerfun
BillRoxx
DevZor
candlemass
SycoMantis91
corplhicks
kmorg
deathisgain
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Eyesore
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
ShadowAngel
Lurideath
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Doomedpoet
ozzman
jstate
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
exact33
manny
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:04 am

Now that you guys have got me thinking about production and stuff, I have to say the mix and sound for "God is dead?" is alot better than I was anticipating based on my last listening experiences from rubin. It sounds good. I was pretty sure the material would be alright but I was expecting to be "enduring" the sound for the sake of the song. It's just not the case. I can hear everything that's happening pretty clearly, the bass is beastly and you can here wilk doing some cool little soft fills and stuff during the verses before bringing the thunder in the heavy parts. Ozzy isn't as high in the mix as I was bracing for either. I'm really wondering if Rubin had very little to do with that stuff I if he pulled his head out of his special place and rose to the occasion?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:02 am

Okay I've heard this song a few times now (and on a decent stereo rather than a laptop) so I feel better able to give an objective opinion.

THIS SONG KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

The song is great, it's heavy as all hell, the production is just fine, the drums are great without being showy, the bass is AWESOME, Iommi is Iommi, Ozzy sounds better than he has in years and as much as I don't like him, it would be impossible to have a Sabbath record this great without him.

This record sounds nothing like Ozzy solo, it sounds like Sabbath!

The masters of U.K doom have returned, all bow down! headbanger

So, in summary. Yeah, I like it Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:51 am

As song as you hear the first note, not only do know its Iommi but Black Sabbath is back, I love it
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:43 am

Ok, I finally heard "God Is Dead?". I like it. It sounds like Sabbath. No complaints from me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 am

I listened to it again, it sounds like Sabbath to me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 am

Hoping the other songs on the record are more memorable though...the ingredients are here, yeah (though I still hate that vocal effect), but the song isn't quite sticking to me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:55 am

Sabbath debuts another new track live, The End Of The Beginning:

Wow - loving this one!!!!!!

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 am

\'arry \'eadbanger It reminds me of something trouble would have done one of their first three records. That is a very good thing in my mind. Although I was half expecting Eric Wagner to start singing at the beginning there Razz. that's the song that will be on csi right?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:04 pm

I liked the song. Not too fond of the vocals. It would have sounded awesome with Dio on vocals! The production was too... Modern?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 pm

I like "The End Of The Beginning" even better than "God Is Dead?"...

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:11 pm

At this point I'm happy to just wait until I can hear the entire album, I'll be picking up the LP of this one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:04 pm

I like the song. Looking forward to hearing the entire album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:21 pm

kmorg wrote:
I liked the song. Not too fond of the vocals. It would have sounded awesome with Dio on vocals! The production was too... Modern?

my thoughts too - the music sounds like Sabbath but the Ozzy sounds separate from the music - his past music with Sabbath sounded like music and vocals meshing together.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:51 pm

On God is Dead Ozzy sounds less robotic the the last couple solo albums. On that live song the vocals affects are distracting to me.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

my thoughts too - the music sounds like Sabbath but the Ozzy sounds separate from the music - his past music with Sabbath sounded like music and vocals meshing together.

Exactly! I don't hear this as something recorded as a group, but a cut and paste thing.

And the live track, man, Ozzy can't even hold the same pace as the band, who in turn desperately tries to follow him!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:44 am

I like "End of the Beginning," too. Sounds like a few other Sabbath tunes, though, namely "Black Sabbath."
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
I like "End of the Beginning," too. Sounds like a few other Sabbath tunes, though, namely "Black Sabbath."

Which is what we want Sabbath to sound like. lol!

I do not hear, at all, how this sounds like later Ozzy solo or "modern" production in any way...both songs sound like Sabbath.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I do not hear, at all, how this sounds like later Ozzy solo or "modern" production in any way...both songs sound like Sabbath.

Me neither, Ozzy sounds crappy on the live track, the reason for this is that he can't sing live! He couldn't sing live in the 80's. I'm not quite sure what people expect.

I'm just delighted that it's good tunes, done in an old school Sabbath way.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Me neither, Ozzy sounds crappy on the live track, the reason for this is that he can't sing live! He couldn't sing live in the 80's. I'm not quite sure what people expect.

Ozzy was never a great singer...ever. His appeal lied in his character and delivery...it always has. He sounds aged, but he still sounds like Ozzy.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Ozzy was never a great singer...ever. His appeal lied in his character and delivery...it always has. He sounds aged, but he still sounds like Ozzy.

True, but it should also be said that he had a great command of melody, especially in his solo career.

Listening to the single now (finally), love it. Yes, it has an Ozzy-solo quality to it, but Tony and Geezer compensate for this. Really looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:14 am

Oh, damn...song just kicked into high gear, shit's getting real, I'm loving this.

EDIT: finished it, loved it, but did I miss the solo?

Last edited by corplhicks on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 am

corplhicks wrote:

Listening to the single now (finally), love it. Yes, it has an Ozzy-solo quality to it,

Seriously, in what way? I've seen people say this and I do not hear it at all...not even a hint. I don't see how anything written by Tony Iommi & Geezer Butler (Ozzy most likely did not even write the lyrics) can sound like anything OTHER than Iommi & Butler. How does this song sound like something written by Bob Daisley, or Randy Rhoads, or Jake E Lee, or Zakk Wylde?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Listening to the single now (finally), love it. Yes, it has an Ozzy-solo quality to it,

Seriously, in what way? I've seen people say this and I do not hear it at all...not even a hint. I don't see how anything written by Tony Iommi & Geezer Butler (Ozzy most likely did not even write the lyrics) can sound like anything OTHER than Iommi & Butler. How does this song sound like something written by Bob Daisley, or Randy Rhoads, or Jake E Lee, or Zakk Wylde?

It's not the song, the song is Sabbath all the way. It's something with Ozzy, maybe the production or his melody choice. I really can't put my finger on it. Doesn't bother me, though. BTW, I'm surprised no one is talking about the lack of a solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:05 pm

The song has a bass solo instead of a guitar solo, because Geezer is also a badass.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
The song has a bass solo instead of a guitar solo, because Geezer is also a badass.

'Twas a great bass solo indeed Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 754598
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*
Page 15 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next