Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:36 pm

For what it's worth, Sleeze Roxx gave this an interesting, yet glowing review.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/queensryche/queen.shtml

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
For what it's worth, Sleeze Roxx gave this an interesting, yet glowing review.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/queensryche/queen.shtml
Yeah, I read that the other day. Pretty stupid review, I don't care if it's positive. Haha.

Anyway, I've just finished listening to the new album, and it is easily the best post-DeGarmo album they've done. I'm not going to listen again until I buy it, but it's definitely a really good album. Not sure where it'll rank over time, but it blows away nearly everything they've done since Hear In The Now Frontier (I dig that album).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Rockenfeld's drumming is also outstanding on this one. Talk about inspired. Holy crap!

Can't wait to hear the whole album!!!!!!

Sounds like it makes FU a distant, unpleasant memory
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Rockenfeld's drumming is also outstanding on this one. Talk about inspired. Holy crap!
Can't wait to hear the whole album!!!!!!

Sounds like it makes FU a distant, unpleasant memory
I'd say so.

It'll be interesting to see how well this one sells. Century Media are saying it's a huge pre-seller already.

Its one flaw, if it can be called a flaw, is that doesn't quite sound like Queensryche because Geoff's signature tone is missing. I've seen a lot of people calling Todd a clone, but I don't really think he sounds like Geoff much at all. At times there are similarities, but he's definitely not copying Geoff.

So that's the biggest difference, I think. They just sound different now. The songs are most important, though, and these are pretty damn good if not great.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:11 pm

New Ryche streaming in full...

http://www.queensrycheofficial.com/surpriseevent

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:46 pm

After all of the hullabaloo I kind of had to give this record a listen even though it's not really my cup of tea, and in general i'd say that it's pretty solid for what they are trying to do and a fair bit better that most of what I've heard of F.U.  However, Vindication sucks!! It sucks harder than  Dare!! Whoever wrote that should be banned from writing songs ever again, in fact they should be banned from ever having any writing tools ever, just in case they get tempted to write ever again!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:52 pm

OK, so one spin of the new Todd-Ryche album and IMO it's strong...stronger and more consistent than Tate-Ryche's. They definitely set about capturing what people want/expect from Queensryche (to a degree). It sounds like something that could have followed Promised Land.

That said, IMO, it sounds like a band influenced by Queensryche as opposed to THE Queensryche...much like a Perry-less Journey sounds like a band influenced by Journey as opposed to the REAL Journey.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm sure that I've heard songs by Journey, I must have! But for the life of me I can't think of one.

I think that they were just one of those bands that were a squillion times bigger in the U.S
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Yeah, Journey is bigger in the US than anywhere else...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Shawn of Fire wrote:
That said, IMO, it sounds like a band influenced by Queensryche as opposed to THE Queensryche

Yea, I get what you're saying. Some songs sound like Queensryche, while other sound like, well, a Queensryche-like band. I guess that's to be expected.

Either way, it's sounds pretty decent to my ears. Since this style of music isn't my go-to-number-one choice these days, I don't imagine I'll be rushing out to get this one, but I'll pick it up eventually I suppose.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Dammit dammit dammit... stupid work PC with no speakers... (shakes fist)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:32 pm

What a bizarre review from sleazeroxxs..... the record sounds like Underoath, Silverstein, and contains the greatest Queensrÿche song ever.................

I'll check that stream out when I get home..
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Queensryche has sounded like a band that reminded me of themselves since after Hear. It's really hard to be objective hear but this is good stuff for the most part. I'd like it even if it wasn't Qryche.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Got to listen to it on the way home and to me it is easily the best thing they have done since Promised Land. First impressions - sounds like Queensryche to me \m/ I think it sounds like Rage For Order meets Empire with hints of Promised Land but in the now (2013) and not the past. Todd sounds great and doesn't sounds like a Tate clone on all of the songs - he sounds like someone who was heavily influenced by Tate, Dickinson and Ray Adler (I swear he sounded A LOT like Adler on one of the tracks!)

The album is a bit short by 2013 standards.... but not 1980's standards.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Production is.......well.......   this kind of sounds awful....not a major thing though, it doesn't make or break a record for me...but with this one it kind of feels like it doesn't fit the record. 

So.. I don't really dig this....the songs mostly all give me the feel 'Redemption' does which is, there is a good song in here somewhere.....and it's kinda lost....the band is sort of lost...they're playing hard no question, but what is going on here? I'm also not feeling that rock solid conviction I hear when I play classic Queensrÿche, and that's all the way down to the lyrics - or is it the delivery? I'm not sure. Todd may be playing it too safe, and the mix is not doing him any favors. He just sounds bizarre, like his voice is only made up of treble frequency, and vocal lines bounce all over without something really sticking to my gut. "Open Road" almost does it, but that song is in a hurry to get in and get out, so it (and the rest) lack the drama, confidence, and patience we know this band for.

However, it is better than "F.U".

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Adler. Good comparison.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
After all of the hullabaloo I kind of had to give this record a listen even though it's not really my cup of tea, and in general i'd say that it's pretty solid for what they are trying to do and a fair bit better that most of what I've heard of F.U.  However, Vindication sucks!! It sucks harder than  Dare!! Whoever wrote that should be banned from writing songs ever again, in fact they should be banned from ever having any writing tools ever, just in case they get tempted to write ever again!
"Vindication" worse than "Dare?" You're out of your mind!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with OCI on this one; it's not really blowing me away but I can appreciate their effort. As for the mix, is it just me or are the guitars super low here?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Keep in mind, this will probably sound better when you have the actual CD.  I thought the Sabbath album was gonna sound like ass from the digital stream, but when I got the CD it was way better.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah I never go by the digital stream when judging the sound/mix. Every cd I've heard sounds much better than anything I've sampled online.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Keep in mind, this will probably sound better when you have the actual CD.  I thought the Sabbath album was gonna sound like ass from the digital stream, but when I got the CD it was way better.
Except for the drums. They sound pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 pm

007 wrote:
Yeah I never go by the digital stream when judging the sound/mix. Every cd I've heard sounds much better than anything I've sampled online.

Correct - I didn't concentrate on the production, just the songs since the stream always sounds like a$$. I am sure the production will sound great on the real product
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 pm

I was wondering what Shawn's take on this would be ...

My thoughts ... the drums and vocals are pretty good (if not entirely memorable) but the guitars are very weak.  I don't see myself returning to listen to this very often.  I'd probably listen to Promised Land more than this and I could only get through that one 2 or 3 times.

The guitar work is just so bland.  Yeah, there are some good ideas here and there but none are strung together into a complete good song.  Kinda like Death Magnetic but even worse.

Guitarwise it doesn't even sound like Queensryche.  If someone just played someone the guitar tracks and didn't know better they wouldn't guess this band is Queensryche.  DeGarmo took that identity with him.

I don't see this as being much more metal than something they could've done with Tate.  Todd has one awesome scream on the album.  Aside from that it's hard to believe that Tate was holding them back from playing this style.  Some of it blatantly sounds like radio "rock".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Listening to the streaming version right now... sounds pretty cool to me. I'm only four tracks in and I already like it better than "F.U." ...  I really dug "Where Dreams Go to Die."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:39 am

I can't stand it: Fates Warning's singer is Ray ALDER...not Ray ADLER....sheesh... lol!

And Todd sounds nothing like him....

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next