Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 am

Honestly, I think both QUEENSRYCHEs sound good live.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:24 am

Heard a couple of samples from tate's new album sick
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:09 pm

the one song was decent.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 am

exact33 wrote:
the one song was decent.

I know, but there is no "queensryche" feeling in their songs anymore.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Well heres the whole album. As far as the original goes it ranges between below average and average (I think Cold and Slave were good tho)

But the rerecordings? Oh god.... why????

https://soundcloud.com/cleopatra-recs/sets/queensryche-frequency-unknown
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Right, so...

"Cold" is good. "Dare" is shit. "Give It to You" is shit. "Slave" is okay. "In the Hands of God" is good. "Running Backwards" is okay. "Life Without You" is okay. "Everything" is okay. "Fallen" is okay. "The Weight of the World" is fantastic. The re-recordings are horrendous.

This surprises me. I didn't think I'd enjoy as many songs as I did. Keep in mind, though, it seems to be pretty much on par with most of the post-Degarmo albums. A few good songs, a few terrible songs, one great song, and the rest take-it-or-leave-it meh. The only thing this has going for it is that I think this time it was written so quickly that they spent less time trying to mold it into a "Queensryche" album, if that makes sense, and it comes off more inspired overall.

The sad part is, it sounds terrible. They should have spent way more time on the mix and those shitty songs (because they're really shitty). This could have been a great Tate solo album, but instead he's squandered it on being a petty asshole.

And it's pretty clear most if not all the lyrics are directed at the other guys, even if they're more metaphorical.

Shame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 5:26 pm

I found it to be more enjoyable than the outright trainwreck I expected it to be. It's a little on the boring side and I wouldn't buy it though. The re-records are pretty lame and pointless.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm

As I thought, Cold was the "best" song on the album. A couple other song had potential, but went nowhere. Sounds like everything else Tate has put out since DeGarmo left. Better than DTC? yes. A Queensryche album? No, it's a Geoff Tate solo album and better than Kings & Thieves.

Tate sounds bored and lazy on the album. His vocal rang is completely gone. I agree with Ken that the lyrics are directed at Queensryche for firing The Geoff.

The re-records are downright embarrassing.

If Geoff had still been in the band, people would have said better than DTC then quickly forgot about it. As a Tate solo album (which it is), it's better than Kings & Thieves and will quickly be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
As I thought, Cold was the "best" song on the album. A couple other song had potential, but went nowhere. Sounds like everything else Tate has put out since DeGarmo left. Better than DTC? yes. A Queensryche album? No, it's a Geoff Tate solo album and better than Kings & Thieves.

Tate sounds bored and lazy on the album. His vocal rang is completely gone. I agree with Ken that the lyrics are directed at Queensryche for firing The Geoff.

If Geoff had still been in the band, people would have said better than DTC then quickly forgot about it. As a Tate solo album (which it is), it's better than Kings & Thieves and will quickly be forgotten.

I thought it was better than I imagined but you are right - this wont be making rounds is most people's players/playlists for very long before it ends up at goodwill...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I thought it was better than I imagined but you are right - this wont be making rounds is most people's players/playlists for very long before it ends up at goodwill...

People actually have to buy it new for them to end up at goodwill!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Can you make it thought this whole performance?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I found it to be more enjoyable than the outright trainwreck I expected it to be. It's a little on the boring side and I wouldn't buy it though. The re-records are pretty lame and pointless.

I'm about halfway through it now and I'm in the same boat. Not as bad as I expected, but it's not blowin' my doors off by any means.

If this is the best ol' Geoffy can come up with then he's pretty much screwed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:20 am

"The lizard Mary, virgin Mary." Pretty sure he sings that.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 am

Ouch - Lizard Mary....... It seems like The Geoff tired to sing at the first gig, then said "F it, I can't sing anymore"
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

thejokeriv wrote:

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT I think DTC & K&T are better only because I found a few more songs on those I liked or thought were decent. On FU, only "Cold" and "In The Hands Of God" did anything for me. What makes me laugh is GT trying to have "attitude" when he sings, like he's all "street" or something...so fake and lame.

I can't wait for him to lose this lawsuit so he can continue to just tarnish his own name and not Queensryche.

I still like "Cold" better than "Redemption", but the rest of that album made "Redemption" sound like "Queen Of The Reich"...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 pm

They already pulled it. HAHA.

Nothing seems to be going in Tate's favor. I'm not sure if I feel sorry for him or not.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Nothing seems to be going in Tate's favor. I'm not sure if I feel sorry for him or not.

I don't - he brought it on himself. Anyone wanna guess the first week sales numbers? I'm thinking less than 1500
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I don't - he brought it on himself. Anyone wanna guess the first week sales numbers? I'm thinking less than 1500

I'd take any "official" sales numbers with a grain of salt, but I think you're about right.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I feel sorry for the band to be honest. This soap opera has gone on way too long...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 am

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/geoff_tate_pulls_album_preview_offline.html?no_takeover

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

I feel he's trying to hard to show up his former bandmates and not concentrating on the music.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am

It feels like there must be concern over more than just the production/mix for them to pull it that way.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It feels like there must be concern over more than just the production/mix for them to pull it that way.

It's doomed! It's always been doomed. Only die hard Queensryche fans are going to buy either record, and the die hard fans really want Tate to fall flat on his face.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I really did not want Geoff Tate fall on his face, but the whole thing is absurd. He releases a solo album earlier in the year, that he releases barely promotes the damn thing, goes in the studio so he can beat and rush release an album under the Queensrcye name.

Say what you want, about the post DeGarmo years of Queensryche, you may have hated it, loved it or even worse felt indifferent about the albums, but at least they took their time and put alot of care and craft into their albums. This is more like an after thought, just slap anything together and get it out there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:06 pm

I love Ken, the owner of Laser's Edge. The new newsletter just went out, which lists Frequency Unknown as "Geoff Tate's Fake Version" of Queensryche. And on the website, this is the description:

Quote :
The split between Geoff Tate and the rest of Queensryche took an ugly turn awhile back and now we are seeing the first fruits of the fallout. He finds himself on Cleopatra Records - the perfect marriage of exploitation partners. I'm not sure why anyone would want to actually own this album but I guess if you are an uber-Tate fan you have to have it. Tate's version of the band features Kelly Gray, Rudy and Robert Sarzo, Simon Wright, and Randy Gane. The music sounds a lot like all the crap Queensryche was putting out over the past 10-15 years but maybe even less inspired. Tate took it upon himself to cover 4 classic Queensryche songs as a bonus (oh joy). Special guests on the album include KK Downing, Chris Poland, Ty Tabor, Paul Bostaph, Lita Ford, Brad Gillis, Dave Meniketti, and Craig Locicero. If Jimi Hendrix was on this album it couldn't ressurect this swill. There is one good thing about the album - the cover. Its a pretty clever jab at his old bandmates. I'll give him that and not much else. Fanatics only please.
Laughing very hard

What's insane is that he's trying to sell this album! Haha. This isn't the first time his description of an album does the complete opposite of selling the product. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next