Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
So, once again Kelly Gray makes a mess of a recording and someone has to come fix it. He did that w/ Nevermore years ago.

Billy Sherwood is cool though. He used to be in a band called World Trade...cool AOR/Prog type stuff.

Billy Sherwood is way cool!!! He was in Yes for a short period of time. World Trade.... kinda like Saga!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 am

I need to check out Saga.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
I need to check out Saga.

I'm guessing you probably aren't quite old enough to remember this one...

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 am

Sounds a little familiar, but it's definitely not a song I've heard a lot. I dig it, though.

They big on the Queen influence?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'll get FU the same way I got K&T...used & cheap. I'll probably wait and get ToddRyche the same way.
I haven't seen any used copies of Kings around here. This is typical when an album doesn't sell. It's why I don't have the last QR album.

I've seen 2 in the same store where I got mine. One is still there. lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:37 pm

chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
So, once again Kelly Gray makes a mess of a recording and someone has to come fix it. He did that w/ Nevermore years ago.

Billy Sherwood is cool though. He used to be in a band called World Trade...cool AOR/Prog type stuff.

Billy Sherwood is way cool!!! He was in Yes for a short period of time. World Trade.... kinda like Saga!

Can't make this stuff up! Per his FB page, he's no longer doing the remix:

I've withdrawn from mixing the Queensryche project... Scheduling issues became a conflict, I'm in the middle of many projects both Studio productions and live stuff.... ("Prog Collective 2", "Steve Miller Tribute", "WIlliam Shatner Solo record", starting a "Doors tribute" soon, playing live in a few days with Eddie Jobson in Mexico, also just got interesting offer to play bass with a prog icon for a few gigs in June, I will announce "who" when it gets closer). While I was excited about taking the QR gig, reality is there is not enough time in my schedule at present... and so... I wish them luck on the project !!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I've withdrawn from mixing the Queensryche project... Scheduling issues became a conflict, I'm in the middle of many projects both Studio productions and live stuff.... ("Prog Collective 2", "Steve Miller Tribute", "WIlliam Shatner Solo record", starting a "Doors tribute" soon, playing live in a few days with Eddie Jobson in Mexico, also just got interesting offer to play bass with a prog icon for a few gigs in June, I will announce "who" when it gets closer). While I was excited about taking the QR gig, reality is there is not enough time in my schedule at present... and so... I wish them luck on the project !!

the Geoff has quite a list of those never played on this album Smile

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:03 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

the Geoff has quite a list of those never played on this album Smile

Laughing very hard

You know the album is a sh!t sandwich when the guy who is producing Shatner's latest solo album won't touch it!

FB post translation: After listening to the source material, I didn't want my name anywhere near that sh!t sandwich. Friends also filled me in on the sh!t storm that is The Geoff and I don't want any part of that trainwreck. Off to work on Shatner's next solo album!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:04 pm

And more Tate news:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188134

Nina Noir (pictured below) was selected by Geoff Tate to take part in the 2013 QUEENSRŸCHE tour after making a guest appearance on the band's new album, "Frequency Unknown". She will be singing a duet with Geoff on the group's epic song, "Suite Sister Mary".

Nina mastered speech level singing with renowned vocal coach Seth Riggs. In 2011 she performed on "America's Got Talent", where she received high praise from Sharon Osbourne. She has gone on to form THE LIONS, a rock band based out of San Francisco, California. They are currently recording their debut album with producer Jason Slater (QUEENSRŸCHE, THIRD EYE BLIND, SMASHMOUTH, SNAKE RIVER CONSPIRACY). She has played many roles in music and is currently fronting an all-female QUEEN tribute band called THE KILLER QUEENS as Frederica Mercury. The girls have headlined sold-out shows on their winter tour and are currently booking dates for their 2013 summer tour across the Western United States.

Deadline Music/Cleopatra has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that "Frequency Unknown", the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE, was being remixed by acclaimed musician, record producer and engineer Billy Sherwood:

"Since previews of the new QUEENSRŸCHE album were made available to the general public on iTunes and other digital retailers, some of the response has been less than positive. Some complained about the overall quality of the recordings, and in particular the mix. We here at Deadline Music have the utmost confidence in the powerful songwriting and outstanding performances from Geoff Tate and crew on this album, but we also want the fans to know that we are listening to them as well! So, in the interest of democratic free choice, Deadline Music has commissioned the superbly talented musician/producer Billy Sherwood (formerly of YES) to remix the album. Now fans will be able to decide which mix they feel best represents the album: the original mix, which will be released on April 23rd, or the new mix by Billy Sherwood that will be made available at a future date to be announced…. WE REMIX, YOU DECIDE!"

Sherwood revealed in a posting on his Facebook page on Monday that he was hired to remix "Frequency Unknown". Sherwood wrote: "[It] seems there are sonic issues with the previous versions and so I shall be fixing it for all to enjoy. [I am] starting on it [Wednesday] morning [March 27]."

"Frequency Unknown" was produced by Jason Slater at a studio in Northern California.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:10 pm

I bet Slater is boinking that Nina chick don\'t know

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:38 pm

James B. wrote:
I bet Slater is boinking that Nina chick don\'t know

Probably. Slater has been co-writer and either co-producer or producer on most of the recent Queensryche albums (including the Fakeryche FU album.) I'm sure he hooked her up with Tate for some side action.....

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Geoff Tate should take note. When a producer would rather work on a William Shatner album than on yours, the writing is on the wall. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:16 pm

I can hear Shatner now (in regards to "Frequency Unknown")

Beam me up Scotty this cd sucks"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Good lord. If Tate doesn't lose this name battle after all this crap, he's banging the judge. Haha.

By the way, Prog Collective 2? Hell yeah! The first album is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 am

I think that tomorrow, Tate will announce that the whole F.U project has been an elaborate April Fools Day prank! Laughing very hard

Hard to believe that someone who has been in the game for as long as he has can judge things so horrifically wrong.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 pm

I think the fact that both Pamela Moore and Jimbo Barton have sided w/ ToddRyche speaks volumes.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 am

I think we have an answer on the next version of Queensryche... George Lynch's Queensryche:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188409

GEORGE LYNCH To Perform With QUEENSRŸCHE Tribute Band - Apr. 5, 2013

Legendary guitarist George Lynch (T&N, LYNCH MOB, DOKKEN) will make a special appearance at 93.3 KDKB's Headbanger's two-year anniversary hosted by Mike Gaube. He will be sitting in with THE RYCHE, Arizona's tribute to Queensrÿche, as well as DC4, featuring Jeff Duncan (ARMORED SAINT) and Rowan Robertson (DIO).

According to a press release, "THE RYCHE captures the amazing sound of QUEENSRŸCHE and covers all of the amazing heart-pounding songs from their epic albums. Complete with a video story line and a flawless recreation of amazing metal hits from one of the greatest bands in rock history, THE RYCHE is not just a tribute, but a recreation dedicated to paying homage to QUEENSRŸCHE!"
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:22 pm

It appears Tate used some of the original vocal tracks on the "re-records":

https://soundcloud.com/shando316/jet-city-woman-re-recording-vs
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Many of us already said that. And it's all the parts with notes he just can't hit right anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 pm

People age and their voices change, it's just the way it is. Because of that it's rather silly to re-record your old songs unless you also re-arrange them to better fit your voice as it is now.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Many of us already said that. And it's all the parts with notes he just can't hit right anymore.

Damn... Shocked

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:08 am

Oh man ... this such a colossal train wreck.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:16 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Oh man ... this such a colossal train wreck.
It is quite amazing. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:40 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Yes, that is the exact same part.

Now, if I was the record label I'd sue Tate for using parts of the original recording...which I'm sure he didn't bother and get permission to do.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:23 am

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yes, that is the exact same part.

Now, if I was the record label I'd sue Tate for using parts of the original recording...which I'm sure he didn't bother and get permission to do.
The "But without you" is new, but the rest is identical. Maybe with a little added reverb. And he clearly re-used other vocals parts in this song as well as others. Some of the effects on the re-records are identical, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next