Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I still don't own Dedicated To Chaos. And when I don't buy an album by a band I love, you know there's a problem. Haha.

Yeah, you and me both! That is the ONLY Queensryche Studio album I don't own. And even the completest side of me doesn't want it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Lazlo Toth wrote:
I watched a video with LaTorre at the Corpus Christi show and he was awesome. The whole band seemed like they were into their music again, unlike the M3 show with Tate, which seemed forced and had no spirit. Todd's no Geoff, but he's close enough for me. And Geoff's not really Geoff anymore, I think. ToddRyche feels old school for me, and I can't wait to hear new material. Now only to get DeGarmo back in the band.....
Well said.

Todd is still missing some notes, and he sometimes missed the mark completely, making for a bit of a cringe-worthy moment, but he's also better in these recent shows than when they did the Rising West shows, so I'm hoping he's working through the songs and developing his voice to better handle them. Seems that's what he's doing, anyway.

But what if he's never perfect? He's a great vocalist, right? And the band is clearly having more fun. Just look at the clip on page one when Todd hits that first high note, check out the smile on Scott's face. I took that as the song moving Scott just as it moves us, the fans, because when one can nail that note, that part of the song gives you goose bumps.

So I'll take a less than perfect live vocalist—and there are many out there—and a band having a blast on stage over the Geoff Tate version of the band (i.e. lifeless) any day.

My one worry is new material. I just don't think these guys can recapture the old sound. Maybe the old spirit, yeah, but I wonder if they're just too far removed from the 80s Queensryche at this point. Time will tell, I guess. Hopefully they give us a taste of some new material soon.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

My prediction is that their new material won't be too great, but it'll sound old school enough to make folks on message boards happy.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't mind QR's newer material, it's not up to par with they're classic material but it's still enjoyable in it's own right. Though i'll admit Tate does seem to be following in Axl Rose's footsteps(though at least Geoff could be bothered to show up on time)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 pm

I would still take PL in heartbeat over the newer stuff.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
My prediction is that their new material won't be too great, but it'll sound old school enough to make folks on message boards happy.
I'd be completely okay with just a really good album, old school or not. I just worry they're setting themselves up for failure with all this talk of the old QR sound.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I'd be completely okay with just a really good album, old school or not. I just worry they're setting themselves up for failure with all this talk of the old QR sound.

i can see that but the new stuff would really have to be bad to fall to the level of the last three albums.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Especially since the main songwriter/arranger is still not involved.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Especially since the main songwriter/arranger is still not involved.
True. But if you take the side-project stuff Wilton has done, it's better than anything Chris or Geoff have done outside of Queensryche. For instance...

Love this song. Sure, it's also nothing like old Queensryche, but it's quality modern alt rock, or whatever you want to call it. And I'd take that over much of what Geoff has done with band over the course of the past four albums.

And Todd seems to capable of writing some really good tunes. The YouTube clip of all his demos is really good. I'd be completely okay with hearing some of that stuff on a QR album.

Either way, we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:16 pm

I remember this band called Sabbath.......the old singer had issues and they got this other guy who had talent but didn't seem to fit what fans thought would work. The rest is history and it only goes to show that ya never really know.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Dio proved he could write before he joined BS.

He wrote "Stargazer" for cryin out loud!

Far cry from what LaTorre has demonstrated.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

But they still had the songwriter and that makes a big distance. Like you say though, you never know.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:10 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Far cry from what LaTorre has demonstrated.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

Don't seem to read anything in what I posted refering to Dio's songwriting ability. More along the lines of fitting in. That is what "we" talked about back then. How do you do that ? Take what somebody said and make it into something else altogether.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:32 am

He can't effectively "fit in" if the new songs aren't good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 am

It's amusing that people are predicting that the new QR will suck because their main songwriter is gone. Newsflash folks, they sucked ass with their main songwriter. Could they be worse than they have been for the past 20 years?????
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

In the interest of truth...he co-wrote "Stargazer" with Blackmore.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

That'd be good enough for me. If it's a good album, sweet. If it's lame, well it's just another bad QR album to add to their list.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

That'd be good enough for me. If it's a good album, sweet. If it's lame, well it's just another bad QR album to add to their list.

I predict heavy, modern w/ high-note screams...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

We'll all know if it's worth buying by the time the clips/streaming previews are released. I have a feeling most potential buyers will make a purchase decision based on the clips/previews considering what Queesnryche has released since PL.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 am

I suspect it will be a decent album, but it won't match what they did on their first four albums nor will it be as arty as the post-DeGarmo material (which I liked more or less btw) .

Guitars will be more affront, lyrically I suspect won't be very different then Tate and deGarmo's lyrics.

Based on live performances, the new guy may not have the same range as Tate, but he seems charsmatic on stage, its hard to judge what the new material may sound like, since all the songs they are currently playing are their older classic material.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:20 am

I'd say he has a bigger range than Tate, but he lacks Tate's control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
It's amusing that people are predicting that the new QR will suck because their main songwriter is gone. Newsflash folks, they sucked ass with their main songwriter. Could they be worse than they have been for the past 20 years?????

I was talking about DeGarmo, not Tate.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:11 pm

James B. wrote:
I remember this band called Sabbath.......the old singer had issues and they got this other guy who had talent but didn't seem to fit what fans thought would work. The rest is history and it only goes to show that ya never really know.

I don't think this is a comparable situation.

Dio was the polar opposite of Ozzy, completely different singer. That difference allowed the band to write in ways they couldn't before, which led to Black Sabbath really evolving into a completely different band, there is very little sonically comparable between Sabotage and Heaven And Hell.

LaTorre is a Tate clone, watching a couple live clips he's just copying every single little nuance from Tate's performance. It's glorified karaoke. I'd have more respect for them if they found a singer with his own conception and actually allowed him to be himself...but going the Journey route and finding a "substitute" is just lame in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I was talking about DeGarmo, not Tate.

D'oh! Well disregard me because I am idiot! Carry on, people. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
James B. wrote:

I don't think this is a comparable situation.

Dio was the polar opposite of Ozzy, completely different singer. That difference allowed the band to write in ways they couldn't before, which led to Black Sabbath really evolving into a completely different band, there is very little sonically comparable between Sabotage and Heaven And Hell.

LaTorre is a Tate clone, watching a couple live clips he's just copying every single little nuance from Tate's performance. It's glorified karaoke. I'd have more respect for them if they found a singer with his own conception and actually allowed him to be himself...but going the Journey route and finding a "substitute" is just lame in my opinion.

In the context of a bumch of folks talking about what a band is gonna sound like with this other singer, well it is absolutely a comparable situation. Afterall, that is what we were talking about right ? "Wonder what the new material is gonna sound like with the new singer as opposed to earlier material in the bands catalogue" I can't for the life of me see how anything else was meant or said. Context is funny thing I suppose.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next