Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+52
bass63
JBall_Z
Storm_Rider89
Wayne
mc666
Gilbert
Wurthless
corplhicks
nevermore
journeyman
Citanul
stormspell
metalinmyveins
Infinite
Chairman_Smith
kmorg
Lurideath
Boris2008
tul
Zze
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
Arjun_M
superjuice
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Eyesore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
chewie
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
DevZor
Witchfinder
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lazlo Toth
thejokeriv
manny
Required Fields
Vexer6
James B.
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
akeldama
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This whole drama is leaving a bad taste in my mouth as far as Queensryche is concerned. Things like this make me hate the internet. Back in the day, all this would have happened in relative private and we'd never know how douchey our favorite musicians actually were.

hahaha I feel the same way. I still use Ozzy as an example too. I would have really not liked to know that he was a bumbling idiot at home with a bunch of dogs shitting all over the house and hearing him yell SHARON! all the time. That show killed his image for me. He was no longer the prince of darkness lol

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This whole drama is leaving a bad taste in my mouth as far as Queensryche is concerned. Things like this make me hate the internet. Back in the day, all this would have happened in relative private and we'd never know how douchey our favorite musicians actually were.

hahaha I feel the same way. I still use Ozzy as an example too. I would have really not liked to know that he was a bumbling idiot at home with a bunch of dogs shitting all over the house and hearing him yell SHARON! all the time. That show killed his image for me. He was no longer the prince of darkness lol

Exactly.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I felt the same way about that show. Of course it was much easier for me to avoid a tv show than to tune out the internet. Laughing

There is a thing as having too much information at our fingertips.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I felt the same way about that show. Of course it was much easier for me to avoid a tv show than to tune out the internet. Laughing

There is a thing as having too much information at our fingertips.
I don't think too many people were surprised by "The Osbournes"(I know I wasn't) as Ozzy had already established himself as a bit of a wackjob when he did things like biting the head off a bat and "defiling" The Alamo memorial, it would've been more surprising to see him act "normal".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 pm

You're only 22 (if that's correct), so it might be hard for you to fathom that at one time Ozzy was considdered a real threat to parents and youth in general. "The Prince of Darkness" title actually carried some weight back in the day.

'The Osbournes' made Ozzy look buffoonish. It's that old addage of pulling back the curtin and seeing that The Great and Almighty OZ is just a frail little man hiding behind smoke & mirrors.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You're only 22 (if that's correct), so it might be hard for you to fathom that at one time Ozzy was considdered a real threat to parents and youth in general. "The Prince of Darkness" title actually carried some weight back in the day.

'The Osbournes' made Ozzy look buffoonish. It's that old addage of pulling back the curtin and seeing that The Great and Almighty OZ is just a frail little man hiding behind smoke & mirrors.
Oh i'm well aware of how much people were complaining about him being a "bad influence" as I read one of his autobiographies. I'm just saying with all the outlandish things he did, was it really that big of a shock to see him acting like that?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Oh i'm well aware of how much people were complaining about him being a "bad influence" as I read one of his autobiographies. I'm just saying with all the outlandish things he did, was it really that big of a shock to see him acting like that?

Yeah, it was more than people complaining about Ozzy being a "bad influence". Elvis was considered a "bad influence". Parents and church groups were outright scared of Ozzy Osbourne. He was seen as pure evil, not just a bad influence. He was seen as a man on the Devil's mission of taking souls to Hell. Not simply as the guy you don't want your daughter going out with.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Yea, because it was the opposite of what we were accustomed too, for lack of a better explaination.

Peeing on the Alamo and decapitating animals freaked out parents and made kids go "F*ck yea, man!! Go Ozzy!!".

Seeing him fumble around with a garage door opener trying to turn on the tv and tripping over dog poop was humiliating.

I think most of us here can agree that before all this drama started, Queensryche was held in a higher regard than allot of their contemporaries and that they would somehow be above all this petty squabbling.

Having access to most of this information has not only made them look bad (both sides), but knocked them down a few pegs in respectability. They're just as human and fallable as us. It can be very disappointing.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm

I cannot speak for others, but I was personally shocked by their behaviour, especially Geoff Tate.

Listening to their music and lyrics, even the deploreable 'Dedicated to Chaos' alot of thought was put into the music, as they were dubbed a thinking man's metal band. When I heard Geoff Tate was fired I thought for sure he would not sue or do something cheesy like form Geoff Tate's Queensryche, but I was wrong off course.

Its very disappointing, to see someone, I felt was a classy guy act like a douche bag. I am not offended he is calling some folks p**sy but I couldn't imagine him doing or saying something like that to his audience years ago.

Last edited by manny on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm w/ Manny...they go from being a heady, "thinking man's" type band to GT acting like a typical dumb@$$ rock star with the "who else is drinking?" and calling people "pu$$!e$"...lame.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Having access to most of this information has not only made them look bad (both sides), but knocked them down a few pegs in respectability. They're just as human and fallable as us. It can be very disappointing.
That's the problem right there, people elevate musicians and other celebrity figures to standards that are way too high and they forget that celebrities are just as human as the rest of us, so naturally they don't like it when they're illusion of a person is shattered. I can understand the dissapointment, there's a few things about musicians I would've prefered not knowing, like how Ted Nugent is a complete and total wackjob when it comes to politics, but I digress. I never liked putting musicians on a pedestal myself, it creates unrealistic expectations that one simply cannot live up to, so while I may not agree with everything Tate says, there are several sides to every story, so I wouldn't be so quick to blame him for everything.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm

I wouldn't go that far. I'm not talking about putting them up on pedestals. My point was more along the lines of just having certain expectations, then being let down when they turn out to be wrong or different that what you hoped.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Def Leppard has a similar outlook to they're early material, it's a case of disconnect between the band and the fans, though many people view On Through The Night as Lep's best work, the band themselves aren't particularly proud of that material, which some fans have a difficult time accepting. Personally I'm not bothered by they're decision to go commercial as Hysteria was my introduction to the band.
If Def Leppard played "Rock Brigade" live, there would be 12 people in the audience who know that song. But they always play stuff as far back as High 'N' Dry, and not just "Bringin' on the Heartbreak." They do the more obscure tunes like the title cut, "Let It Go" and "Another Hit And Run" and "Mirror Mirror." They've done "Wasted" in recent years, too.

As you can hear, the crowd isn't really blowing the roof off the place.

The last time I saw Def Leppard live, back in 2003, they opened up with 'Hello America' from On Through the Night. I was both surprised and happy.
Really? Wow. That's impressive. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I agree. I've always tried to ignore the musicians and focus solely on the music, but sometimes it's hard. This is one of those instances. Part of the blame goes to the interviewers, of course, but Geoff is being a douche. The rest of the band seems to have taken a bit of a high road, but their interviews are boring. Haha. Seems like their interviews are more staged, where they're all there taking part.

Not that I want drama all around, but I'd like to hear some more interesting Q&As going on with the band and not get the company line answers, you know.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Metalguy really thought Ozzy pooped bats and flames out his behind. QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 875605
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Metalguy really thought Ozzy pooped bats and flames out his behind. QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 875605

Yea, seems kinda silly now, doesn't it?

Quote :
The last time I saw Def Leppard live, back in 2003, they opened up with 'Hello America' from On Through the Night. I was both surprised and happy.

Really? Wow. That's impressive.

Yup. The only reason I remember it was because I called my buddy the next day, who is a much bigger DL fan than I, and told him. At the time, I wasn't even interested in seeing them, but since I could sit in for free, I figured, why not? I know they played some other older tunes that night that I wasn't expecting either. It was actually a better show than I expected.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Do you know that I haven't seen Def Leppard since my very first concert in 1988 or whatever? I have such great memories of that show, you know, and I'm afraid seeing them now will just ruin it. Haha.

Odd, huh? My favorite band, and I've only seen them in concert one time, nearly 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Do you know that I haven't seen Def Leppard since my very first concert in 1988 or whatever? I have such great memories of that show, you know, and I'm afraid seeing them now will just ruin it. Haha.

Odd, huh? My favorite band, and I've only seen them in concert one time, nearly 25 years ago.

I have only seen them twice, once when I was 13 (even remember who opened Krokus and Jon Butcher Axis) and in 1988 with Tesla opening. Both great shows, from what little I remember of it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's the problem right there, people elevate musicians and other celebrity figures to standards that are way too high and they forget that celebrities are just as human as the rest of us, so naturally they don't like it when they're illusion of a person is shattered. I can understand the dissapointment, there's a few things about musicians I would've prefered not knowing, like how Ted Nugent is a complete and total wackjob when it comes to politics, but I digress. I never liked putting musicians on a pedestal myself, it creates unrealistic expectations that one simply cannot live up to, so while I may not agree with everything Tate says, there are several sides to every story, so I wouldn't be so quick to blame him for everything.

Eh, I don't think Nugent is a total whack job with politics as I probably agree with a lot of it. However, for some people I understand that he seems that way. I feel the same way with Don Henley, Morgan Freeman, and many others. However, that should not take away from their talents. While I do get pissed off at some of their remarks I realize they have no real power or effect on my life. It is very dissapointing to find out how our favorite musicians, actors, authors, and comedians are in real life and the internet and media doesn't help. It's best to enjoy their music, movies, books, etc. and take a "who gives a sh*t" appraoch to everything else.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Eh, I don't think Nugent is a total whack job with politics as I probably agree with a lot of it. However, for some people I understand that he seems that way. I feel the same way with Don Henley, Morgan Freeman, and many others. However, that should not take away from their talents. While I do get pissed off at some of their remarks I realize they have no real power or effect on my life. It is very dissapointing to find out how our favorite musicians, actors, authors, and comedians are in real life and the internet and media doesn't help. It's best to enjoy their music, movies, books, etc. and take a "who gives a sh*t" appraoch to everything else.

I agree, but it's harder to do that for some people then others, like Mel Gibson for example. I could fully understand why a Jewish person would not to watch any of his films after all the idiotic statements he's made, denying the Holocaust ever happened and whatnot. I also cannot stand religious hypocrites like Kirk Cameron and find it very difficult to watch his older films without seeing him as completely crazy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Or a better example with me being a wrestling fan. I was a HUGE fanboy of Chris Benoit. I loved his character and enjoyed his matches. However, after his murder/suicide I find it difficlut to watch his matches anymore.

Of course, that's the great thing about freedom of speech. They can say and do anything they want to, but we don't have to listen or pay attention to it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Ted Nugent has a lot of great, sensible political views. I love his stances on our rights as citizens and stuff. But he does himself no favors because he goes a bit off the deep end with some of his other views. And those, of course, are what media latch onto. If you have a touch of crazy in you, it completely overshadows everything else.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ted Nugent has a lot of great, sensible political views. I love his stances on our rights as citizens and stuff. But he does himself no favors because he goes a bit off the deep end with some of his other views. And those, of course, are what media latch onto. If you have a touch of crazy in you, it completely overshadows everything else.
Well making death threats towards the current president, even as a joke, does not do you any favors. Hell I never liked Bush, but I sure wouldn't want to make public death threats towards him. What I don't find sensible about Nugent is how he advocates "serving your country" despite being a draft-dodger himself, it just makes him look like a hypocrite. That said, I do at least have some measure of respect for him for his "Hunt Of A Lifetime" program, (I say if a kid is going to die, then they should get to do whatever they want)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Quite the derailment in progress, cheers, it's more interesting than talking about Queensryche. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
Quite the derailment in progress, cheers, it's more interesting than talking about Queensryche. lol!

even more interesting than listening to Queensryche, lately

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next