Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 am

Hence the reason the creature in Pumpkinhead looks so cool...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Been ages since I saw Pumkinhead. Cool little flick that one.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

kmorg wrote:

Agreed. It's actually a fairly classy little flick that came out in an era not known for that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Agreed. It's actually a fairly classy little flick that came out in an era not known for that.

I know I saw it in a theater when it was new, but I can honestly say I don't remember a thing about it. It's possible I was drunk or high though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:23 pm

kmorg wrote:

I hadn't seen it in years 'n' years either, it's held up pretty well. Lance Henriksen is always fun to watch.

When his son is killed by the dirt bikin' "city kids" and one of 'em asks him "Can I help?" Lance shoots the guy this "if looks could kill" expression that is quite possibly the best "death stare" ever captured on film.

Too bad the DVD I have (it's part of a 6-pack horror film compilation) looks like it was dubbed from VHS. The picture and sound are pretty wishy-washy, which is a shame, cuz Winston had some really cool set designs in this flick, like the Witchy Woman's house and Pumpkinhead's burial place in the middle of the "Pumpkin Patch Graveyard." Some special features would'a been nice too. Oh well, can't ask for much since I only paid $6.50 for the whole set.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:26 pm

I was going to buy Pumpkinhead on DVD once but only the pan & scan version was available at the time.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
I was going to buy Pumpkinhead on DVD once but only the pan & scan version was available at the time.

Yeah, it's full screen/pan & scan on the copy I have too. When the message "the following presentation has been formatted to fit your screen" came up at the beginning, I was like "Awwwwwww damn!" The video is bare bones, no extras.

On the other hand, Stuart Gordon's "Dolls" is on the flip side of the DVD (the package is three double sided discs) and that one is soup-to-nuts with commentary tracks, trailers, and other bonus features. Go figure.

I figure MGM or Sony must've just slapped this package together using whatever existing DVD prints they already had mouldering around in their vaults.

But hey, it was cheap. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 pm

One of the great mysteries of video releases will always be why Pumpkinhead has never gotten a decent release. As much as it pains me I refuse to purchase the sub-standard dvd release. Still have the VHS though.

Funny thing about Pumpkinhead was that it was a huge hit in my small southern Maryland county when it came out. Thing played for months. One of those crazy things were the word of mouth kept people going. They would have a dollar night on Tuesdays and unless you got there real early forget getting a seat. To say nothing of what happened when it came out on video. It was crazy. But well deserved for such a cool movie.

Watched Exit Humanity

I really dug this movie. It goes for the reflective/philosophical approach. So it has some slowness but I thought it paid off nicely.

After that I popped in Dale & Tucker VS. Evil

I loved every second of it. Lent it to a buddy of mine and then decided I had to stay and watch it again. Liked it even better the second go round. So needs a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:31 am

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Probably the one I've enjoyed most out of the franchise, because the team approach was more akin to the original TV series.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 am

Rams vs Cardinals

I can't believe my Rams are 3-2. First time above .500 in years.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Probably the one I've enjoyed most out of the franchise, because the team approach was more akin to the original TV series.

It was fun. I like this one and part 3 the best.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Big Bang Theory
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Big Bang Theory

Me too, followed by:

Benny Hill
The Drew Carey Show
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Cardinals vs Braves in the first Wildcard play-in game in MLB history. What a weird game this was...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 pm

MST3K: Codename Diamondhead

The first time I saw this I was barely paying attention. Now that I am paying attention, the quips in this are causing me to:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:30 am

Smackdown
Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:26 am

Better Off Dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Fringe
Elementary
Haven
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 pm

I watched Zeppelin's "Song Remains The Same" for the zillionth time or so.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Licence to Kill. I haven't seen a Bond film since I saw Quantum of Solace in the theatre, as my DVDs were boxed up for about three years. It was a lot better than I remember, with the tone having a lot more in common with the Craig Bonds than the Moore Bonds. A reboot 15 years too early!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 am

Last night rewatched 'Taken' and watched a new take on the Sherlock Holmes character in 'Elementary'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 am

Schlock-tober continues with...

"Dolls" (1987)

Cartoonish horror from Stuart "Re-Animator" Gordon about a group of stranded travelers who take shelter from a storm in a mysterious old toymaker's mansion. Their host's specialty is making old fashioned ceramic dolls...that come alive at night and start picking off the newcomers one by one.

The script is painfully dumb but there's some really cool stop-motion puppetry in this one. As an added bonus, sharp-eyed geeks may recognize the cute chick from a-ha's classic "Take On Me" video as one of the victims (she's the one in full-on Madonna Wanna-Be gear)!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 am

I recognize that older, snotty looking woman with the glasses on her head at the dinner table. She plays the nurse in Stuart Gordon/Brian Yuzna's "From Beyond" (the nurse who tries to stop Jeffrey Combs from eating preserved brains).

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:24 pm

manny wrote:
Last night rewatched 'Taken' and watched a new take on the Sherlock Holmes character in 'Elementary'

I've watched the first two episodes of Elementary, I dig it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next