Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yankees fans unite!

Go down 
+13
Addy
ShadowAngel
jstate
thejokeriv
GrandNational
exact33
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
stepcousin
SAHB Healer
T-Roy
Joe
Dark Horseman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:43 pm

jettafiend wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:

Germany does
Because it's the only Baseball team (next to the Cleveland Indians but that was more because of the Major League movies) i ever saw merchandise on sale for here.

What is the appeal of Baseball anyway?

I dated a girl from Germany when I was in college and while she was here she fell in love with baseball. For some reason she became obsessed with the New York Mets. I put my team loyalty aside and took her to a couple of Mets games while we were dating.

that is the very definition of Love right there. lol!

Let's just say that she provided...**ahem** certain benefits, as the saying goes, that made it worth my while. (Wink wink. Nudge nudge. Say no more.) Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:

Germany does
Because it's the only Baseball team (next to the Cleveland Indians but that was more because of the Major League movies) i ever saw merchandise on sale for here.

I dated a girl from Germany when I was in college and while she was here she fell in love with baseball. For some reason she became obsessed with the New York Mets. I put my team loyalty aside and took her to a couple of Mets games while we were dating.

that is the very definition of Love right there. lol!

Let's just say that she provided...**ahem** certain benefits, as the saying goes, that made it worth my while. (Wink wink. Nudge nudge. Say no more.) Very Happy

LOL!!!!!! Yeah, we've ALL been there. If someone says they haven't, then they are lying or the 40 year old virgin.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 pm

We're still talking about the yankees? sick

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 am

Yankees BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since 1980

I gotta ask of all the Haters how many of you actually like baseball?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 am

Being in the American League, I've never really given the Yankees the time of day. I never been a follower of teams outside of the NL.

Now if we're talking Mets or Braves, then f-them with a broken fungo bat. Although the Phils haven't given us much to cheer about this season.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am

Phils are the dissapointment of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Yea, I've been working some of the games and it's just brutal. They look ok until the 3rd inning, then the wheels just fall off.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Which is odd. Yeah, a few injuries but with that pitching staff they should be able to do better. It is still early though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:33 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:

its fun to watch and I enjoy the strategy.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 am

^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 am

^^ Plus, there's hot dogs & beer.

Quote :

On a somewhat related note, has anyone ever tried to explain the rules of baseball to someone who's never seen it before? I had to when I was dating this chick. Fortunately she seemed to pick it up very quick, though I gotta say, when you hear yourself explaining them out loud, some of the rules do seem especially odd. Her questions would make me scratch my head and wonder stuff like "Yeah, y'know, I never thought about that. Why DOES each batter get four balls, but only three strikes?"... stuff like that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Baseball is my favorite sport. GO TRIBE!

There is always something special soaking up a ballgame at the ballpark.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 am

I Love baseball, When it comes to teams I route for

AL:
Yankees
A's

NL:
Cubs

I like players more than teams, but all in all when it comes to baseball I actually perfer Minor League baseball. Might be because we have a Single A club nearby the CT Tigers but in the past we've had Double A clubs I do miss my Norwich Naviagators (when they were a Yankees affiliate) Now I think they are the Trenton Thunder

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:54 pm

STL Cardinals...........that's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm

bassman wrote:
STL Cardinals...........that's all I have to say.

Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 11840 Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 11840 Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 11840 Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 11840 Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 11840

Our bullpen actually pitched 3 scoreless innings today. Finally.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:13 pm

exact33 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:

its fun to watch and I enjoy the strategy.

It's also the only major sport that is untimed. I find baseball to be the most cerebral of the major sports which is probably why I enjoy it the most. I love football too but baseball just appeals to my intellectual side more.

Except for the Yankees (back on topic). They're much less hateable now that George is gone but I have a lot of years of learned hate to overcome. Of course the Red Sox make that task much easier; I hate both teams equally!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm

George had that affect on a lot of people, kind of the Al Davis of Baseball. Interesting thing this year is the injury bug has hit them hard, no big off season pick ups and they're still winning. The usual arguements of why people hate them aren't there right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yankees fans unite!   Yankees fans unite! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yankees fans unite!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2