Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
novellahub
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Empty
PostSubject: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Both bands are similar in style but i was wondering which band is prefered. I personally like Blue Murder more but both bands are great.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:10 pm

No comparison.

Blue Murder is awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:16 am

Blue Murder were awesome. Damn Yankees were okay.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:49 am

I really liked the first Blue Murder album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:37 am

I liked them both...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:14 am

I like them both. I don't really think they were all that similar personally.

Damn Yankees offered a bit more variety in their sound, with three of the four members being songwriters. Some songs sounded like they could have been on a Ted Nugent's solo albums, while others I wouldn't have even known it was Ted Nugent playing guitar, since the sound was so mainstream.

Blue Murder had John Sykes as principle songwriter. The two albums he released under that name both featured a different line-up and a different sound.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 am

BTW, you cannot hot link off my site. I have added an .htaccess code that re-directs the links. You'll notice that the photos posted above are not correct and instead show my NoLifeTilMetal.com logo. I've seen my logo all over MySpace with people trying to illegally hotlink.

Hotlinking images steals bandwidth and almost caused me to close my site a year or so ago. Whereas a site like Amazon.com or some of the other big pay sites have unlimited bandwidth and their own servers, my site has limited bandwidth that I have to pay for monthly. When you hotlink photos, that costs me space. Each time a person clicks on a link that has my photos hotlinked, it costs me space and money.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:21 am

Like em both, but if I had to choose, Blue Murder gets the nod.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:23 am

Damn Yankees for me. Saw them on the DON'T TREAD tour back in 92 or 93 and it was a heckuva fun show!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 am

I perfer Damn Yankees. In fairness, I have only heard one Blue Murder album (Nothin But Trouble).
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Not a "huge" fan of either; but I would prefer Damn Yankees. Smile
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:01 pm

Easy.

Blue Murder.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Blue Murder.

Never cared for Damn Yankees, although I'm only familiar with their few radio hits.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:32 pm

I prefer Blue Murder.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:40 am

I like Damn Yankees but have not really heard Blue Murder, I might check them out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
BTW, you cannot hot link off my site. I have added an .htaccess code that re-directs the links. You'll notice that the photos posted above are not correct and instead show my NoLifeTilMetal.com logo. I've seen my logo all over MySpace with people trying to illegally hotlink.

Hotlinking images steals bandwidth and almost caused me to close my site a year or so ago. Whereas a site like Amazon.com or some of the other big pay sites have unlimited bandwidth and their own servers, my site has limited bandwidth that I have to pay for monthly. When you hotlink photos, that costs me space. Each time a person clicks on a link that has my photos hotlinked, it costs me space and money.

Sorry dude, i didn't know about that!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 am

I'm a big fan of both Ted Nugent and John Sykes so i still like both bands alot. When i said they're similar i meant in a big, commercial 80's sound way. Damn Yankees have a vocal harmony thing going on with Shaw/Blades and Blue Murder just Sykes.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 am

troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Sorry dude, i didn't know about that!

No problem. That's why I let you know.

PostSubject: Re: Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?   Blue Murder or Damn Yankees? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Murder or Damn Yankees?
Page 1 of 1