Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?

Go down 
+3
mc666
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:54 pm

I really like the show Bones but this episode is full of crap. I don't know where they came up with the idea from this but they seem to be confusing death metal with the Norwegian Black Metal Scene. First off, death metal bands don't wear corpse paint. Second, they don't have rivalries that end it murder. Thirdly, death metal shows don't have people spitting blood on the audience and stand there and cut themselves. While many death metal band's imagery and album covers are macabre they aren't an underground cult that shuns outsiders. This kind of crap makes metal fans seem like circus freaks.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 pm

I see Shawn beat me to it... as I mentioned when I started that other thread, I thought the episode was hilarious... totally inaccurate of course but that's Hollywood for ya.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:13 am

not even black metal could motivate me to watch that show.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
not even black metal could motivate me to watch that show.
DITTO

I have watched it a few times though.

Did anybody catch the "black metal" episode of CSI: Las Vegas?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:12 pm

I can't stand Bones. One of the worst shows on TV.

I'd much rather watch CSI, Lie to Me or even Criminal Minds.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Did anybody catch the "black metal" episode of CSI: Las Vegas?

No. Is CSI a news program?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

What? No way, Bones rules. Seriously, my wife and I have been following it from the first episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

What? No way, Bones rules. Seriously, my wife and I have been following it from the first episode.

That's kinda how I feel about CSI. I collect all the seasons on DVD even.

However, with Bones, even though I like the storylines - I just can't stand the actors on it. "Bones" herself is such a biatch IMHO.

No offense though, but I just want to slap her. She's just so annoying.

Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

That's kinda how I feel about CSI. I collect all the seasons on DVD even.

However, with Bones, even though I like the storylines - I just can't stand the actors on it. "Bones" herself is such a biatch IMHO.

One thing about Bones is that it's a show you need to see from the beginning to truly appreciate it. Yeah, Bones can be a rude insuferable nag but her character has developed over the show. Once you see the character developement you beggin to understand why she is that way. Besides Booth is the conscience of the show and when Bones does show her snobby self he is quickly to correct her. I feel the same way about her that you do sometimes but I have learned to understand her character a little better from watching the shows in order but as a casual observer I understand how you feel. One thing that still gets on my nerves is her militant athiesm but that is something that is rampant in the mainstream scientific world.

What do you think of the show House? If there is ever a character that can get on ones nerves (along with militant athiesm) and make you want to slap them it's Dr. House. However, I have learned to find humor in is assholeness and in this season he's at least making an attempt to be more emapathetic towards people. Just another show you need to see a lot of to "get" the character better.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:47 am

House is awesome. pretentious, egotistical, & downright fun.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:07 am

mc666 wrote:
House is awesome. pretentious, egotistical, & downright fun.

Pretty much my assessment as well. It just took me a while to appreciate the character (an ashole, but a funny ashole).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:39 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
"Bones" herself is such a biatch IMHO.

But she's soooooo freakin' HOT!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Yeah, Bones can be a rude insuferable nag but her character has developed over the show. Once you see the character developement you beggin to understand why she is that way. Besides Booth is the conscience of the show and when Bones does show her snobby self he is quickly to correct her.

Ever read Pride and Prejudice?

I read all of Kathy Reichs' books. The point to the Bones character in them is that she's a lonely person who has run toward scientific logic to compensate for the fact she basically can't deal with reality.

lol
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Srsly? I think Angela (on the show) is hotter, but that's just me Very Happy

Oh, and House rules also.

What other shows have had "metal" episodes, where either a real or fictitious metal band has been featured?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:27 pm

For some reason I can't get into House or Bones. It amazes me that both shows have lasted so long.

Now Lie to Me impresses me. That's a dam good show! Anyone like that one?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:44 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Srsly? I think Angela (on the show) is hotter, but that's just me Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_biggrin

Her (Bones on the show, Emily Deschanel in real life) sister Zooey is even hotter but most people around here know how I feel about her.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:45 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Srsly? I think Angela (on the show) is hotter, but that's just me Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_biggrin

What can I say, I go for those uptight, button-down types. Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_lol

DallasBlack wrote:
Her (Bones on the show, Emily Deschanel in real life) sister Zooey is even hotter but most people around here know how I feel about her.

I saw Zooey's commercial for Cotton on TV yesterday (where she sings the little song about "the touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of our lives..." and thought of you, DB. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?   Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody Seen The Death Metal Episode Of Bones?
Page 1 of 1