Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Empty
PostSubject: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 am

Great choice for a new singer, in my opinion. First off, Octavia Sperati are great, and when I reviewed their debut, I said it sounded like the Nighttime Birds-era of The Gathering.

I should have pursued a career in A&R. Haha.

Quote :
Dutch rock outfit THE GATHERING has recruited Silje Wergeland from the Norwegian band OCTAVIA SPERATI as its new lead vocalist. Drummer Hans Rutten says, "Silje has been the singer of OCTAVIA SPERATI for eight years, including several other projects. She did a superb job [on the new THE GATHERING LP, 'The West Pole']. This album also includes two very talented guest singers: the Dutch Anne van den Hoogen and Mexican Marcela Bovio (from STREAM OF PASSION), and some other guest musicians."

Hans continued, "What can we say about 'The West Pole'? It's a very vital, atmospheric and extravert rock orientated album, with all the quality and power THE GATHERING is so famous for, also with many new elements. The sound is guitar driven, alive and urgent; a strong and beautifully coloured album with haunting female vocals. It's produced by guitar player René Rutten and mixed and mastered by Zlaya Hadzich (who also did the production of 'Souvenirs') and René."

"The West Pole" track listing:

01. When Trust Becomes Sound
02. Treasure
03. All You Are
04. You Promised Me A Symphony
05. The West Pole
06. Capital Of Nowhere
07. No Bird Call
08. Pale Traces
09. No One Spoke
10. Constant Run

The songs "All You Are", "Treasure" and "The West Pole" are available for streaming on THE GATHERING's MySpace page.

Singer Anneke van Giersbergen announced her departure from THE GATHERING in 2007. She has since launched a project called AGUA DE ANNIQUE, which released an album called "Air" in October 2007.

Photos of the new THE GATHERING lineup can be viewed below.

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online 3348467334_c81bd9e803_o

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online 3348460818_e29614d23c_o

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online 3347624447_ebd2919fd4_o

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online 3347620855_332c82825c_o
That new album cover hurts my head. Damn. New songs are excellent, though. Another new kind of sound, but not like the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 pm

They need to get the original guy back and do another album like "Always" was. They still haven't topped that to me and the female singer thing with these guys is lame. Well I did like Manylion a little bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Lurideath wrote:
They need to get the original guy back and do another album like "Always" was. They still haven't topped that to me and the female singer thing with these guys is lame. Well I did like Manylion a little bit.
Have you looked at them? They look like fruity indie rockers! Haha. I don't think your wish will ever come true. I'd love to hear them do another heavy album, but I wonder if they even could do it if they tried.

They initially touted this album as a guitar-oriented album. Considering their recent output, suggesting that made me think at least that Nighttime Birds sound. Clearly not the case at all. There's guitar there, but it's not heavy at all.

Oh well. I still dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:45 pm

i've liked everything they've released with Anneke & of course the Always album. they could not have picked a better replacement for Anneke. i've liked Octavia since Eyesore turned me onto them last year. i'm really looking forward to this album. it doesn't matter to me if it's metal or mordern rock.

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
i've liked everything they've released with Anneke & of course the Always album. they could not have picked a better replacement for Anneke. i've liked Octavia since Eyesore turned me onto them last year. i'm really looking forward to this album. it doesn't matter to me if it's metal or mordern rock.
I just ordered the new album and limited EP. Tough purchase on that one, as it came close to $40. That says a bit about how much I dig this band, I guess.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Did Octavia Sperati call it quits? Or is Silje going to sing with both bands?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

nevermore wrote:
Did Octavia Sperati call it quits? Or is Silje going to sing with both bands?
They went on "hiatus" earlier last year. No idea if this signals the end or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:46 pm

I'll be checking this out, mc666 turned me onto Octavia Sperati and I've been enjoying their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online   The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gathering: New Singer Announced/Album Samples Online
Page 1 of 1