Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway

Go down 
+18
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Glower
tohostudios
journeyman
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
jstate
iamrockerfun
Wargod
nevermore
Vexer6
ultmetal
adrian
Eyesore
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Lita seems to have gone a bit off the rails lately.
She seems fine to me.

She lost custody of her children.  It's exceptionally rare for a mother to lose custody of her children in custody cases.  It's not unheard of, but the courts are loathe to do that.  When they do decide against the mother, it's often for cases where the mother is an unfit parent.  

MetalGuy71 wrote:

In an interview with Metal Sludge, Gillette broke his silence on the situation, saying, "Unlike Lita, I don't believe it's right to say bad things about a child's parent publicly or in private. I think divorce is hard enough on kids and they certainly don't need to be hurt or embarrassed by an irrational parent who has an agenda. That said, I suppose I could finally shed a little light on the subject without being too harsh.

"First of all and for the record, I have sole legal and physical custody of our sons. Unfortunately, it goes much further than that. As heartbreaking and unbelievable as this might sound, Lita Ford is not even allowed to see our sons by way of an agreed-upon court order. This order was signed after nearly two years of litigation, during which time the courts only allowed her supervised visitation.”

He continued: "Everything is legal about the boys being with me, and all of Lita's self-serving claims and slanderous allegations are completely and 100% ludicrous. Quite frankly, all of this is more than a little frightening for our family.

"Our sons have urged me for years to tell the world our side of the story but this is all I'm prepared to share at this point in time."

When a judge thinks this man is the better parent...
Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Jim-g9

You must have some real issues.

Never mess with a Freight Train. Razz
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 3:06 pm

I thought of this LP cover - as a real messy room type photo -
Looking at Lita's photo, ehh, everything is placed perfect
even her boots, of two colors,
have hour glass image plainly visible -

ultmetal wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
These shots for her upcoming live album look pretty good....

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Litafordbitchcd
Is this the new cover you guys were discussing? I kinda like it.

They should have made the pink guitar red though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
(shrugs) I'd give Lita's book a look if it turned up at my library, but I doubt I'm gonna go out of my way to buy it.

Turns out I didn't have to wait for Lita's book to turn up @ my library - my reporter friend recently interviewed Lita for our paper and he got an extra advance copy, so he hooked me up. Haven't started it yet but it looks like it'll be a fairly quick read.

My buddy said Lita was very pleasant when they spoke on the phone for her interview, but the book was "a collection of sour grapes." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:20 am

Finished Lita's book this morning. It was a quick, mostly entertaining read, tho it's extremely self serving, as you might expect.... Lita certainly has an inflated opinion of herself, she gives herself waaaay too much credit for being some kind of guitar innovator. Granted, she may be considered a trail blazer for female guitar players in rock but geez, to hear her talk herself up in this thing you'd think that no woman had EVER touched a guitar before she came along, and that she's right up there with Joe Satriani in the skill dept.

Her divorce and the loss of custody of her kids is glossed over fairly quickly, presumably for legal reasons, so no light is shed on that situation. Interestingly, she never mentions Jim Gillette by name; she only refers to him as "my ex-husband."

She also publicly disowns the "Wicked Wonderland" album, saying that the entire project was controlled by her then-hubby, which is not exactly a shocker.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3