Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway

Go down 
+18
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Glower
tohostudios
journeyman
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
jstate
iamrockerfun
Wargod
nevermore
Vexer6
ultmetal
adrian
Eyesore
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I think the cover art is pretty good.
Seriously? sick 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah, I don't really see what's wrong with it, it's certainly not on the same level of awful as say Sabbath's Born Again.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Yeah, I don't really see what's wrong with it, it's certainly not on the same level of awful as say Sabbath's Born Again.
At least that was real art, not something a 4-year-old whipped up in Photoshop 1.0. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
At least that was real art, not something a 4-year-old whipped up in Photoshop 1.0. Laughing 
Didn't seem much like "real art", the guy who drew that cover said it was the worst thing he ever created.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 pm

I thought the album artwork for the latest was good, I also dug it I felt there was some good songwriting and some catchy hooks.

Favorite songs are

Hate
Mother

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Nothing against Lita Ford but Joan Jett will always by my favorite Runaway. And her latest album just cements that for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
Nothing against Lita Ford but Joan Jett will always by my favorite Runaway.  And her latest album just cements that for me.  
Same here Im hoping to be able to see her live since she's touring in support of her new album. Speaking of The Runaways I am also hoping to see Cherie Currie in November all depends on the money there...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 am

brokentulsa wrote:
These shots for her upcoming live album look pretty good....

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Litafordbitchcd
Is this the new cover you guys were discussing? I kinda like it.

They should have made the pink guitar red though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:02 pm

When I saw her live she mentioned about a live album and a Autobiography that was supposed to be out this past summer it was going to be the same title as her last album

I think the live album cover is ok I dont hate it but dont love it either. Its the music inside that counts
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 am

I hear she has written a tell all - dirt - type of book.
That should be interesting - anybody have any further info ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:10 am

Glower wrote:
I hear she has written a tell all - dirt - type of book.
That should be interesting - anybody have any further info ?

It comes out Feb. 23rd.
Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 51PUgYmjIWL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_
http://www.amazon.com/Living-Like-Runaway-A-Memoir/dp/0062270648

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 am

You want some dirt? Here you go...

Quote :
Ford writes about her lengthy allegedly abusive relationship with Tony Iommi, which started after she got to open for BLACK SABBATH. "He seemed so charming, confident and handsome," she writes. "I would later find out that looks are deceiving."

Ford's relationship with Iommi allegedly began with a failed attempt at sex as he was "too high" on cocaine. "He was impotent from his constant drug use, and he was very embarrassed. I felt bad for him and didn't really know what to do. Eventually, I got him off," she explains in the book.

As the relationship progressed, Iommi invited Ford to England to meet his "mum." On the flight to England, she writes, Iommi "out of nowhere… hauled off and punched me in the eye."

Although she planned to fly right back to Los Angeles when they landed, she decided to stay, she writes, "like a moron," after Iommi acted like nothing had happened.

Ford claims she later learned that domestic violence ran in Iommi's family, alleging that Tony's father also engaged in abusive behavior.

Lita claims that Iommi physically abused her four or five times during their relationship and describes one particularly scary episode that occurred shortly after the couple got engaged.

"After snorting tons of blow, he got angry and choked me unconscious," she writes. "When I woke up, I saw him holding a chair above my head. It was a big, heavy leather chair with studs around the arms, and he was about to smash it over my face. I rolled over, and luckily I moved fast enough that he missed me and the chair smashed into the ground."

Ford eventually broke up with Iommi, who, she claims, went on to hire her band to work with him instead behind her back.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 2:55 pm

I hope that is not true, but I see no reason to lie about something like that
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:02 pm

manny wrote:
I hope that is not true, but I see no reason to lie about something like that

I don't like to think of Tony that way either, but there must be some truth to it, otherwise she could face a heckuva lawsuit for slander if she's just making up stuff for publicity.

You know what they say. Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:40 pm

This New York Post article is like the CliffsNote version of Lita's new book...

http://nypost.com/2016/02/14/lita-ford-reveals-trysts-with-bon-jovi-van-halen-in-tell-all-book/

How much more do I need to know?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Lita seems to have gone a bit off the rails lately.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This New York Post article is like the CliffsNote version of Lita's new book...

http://nypost.com/2016/02/14/lita-ford-reveals-trysts-with-bon-jovi-van-halen-in-tell-all-book/

How much more do I need to know?

I felt the same way........ Was hoping for some Joan/Lita/Cherrie 3 some action in the book.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
She seems fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

(shrugs) I'd give Lita's book a look if it turned up at my library, but I doubt I'm gonna go out of my way to buy it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
She seems fine to me.

She lost custody of her children. It's exceptionally rare for a mother to lose custody of her children in custody cases. It's not unheard of, but the courts are loathe to do that. When they do decide against the mother, it's often for cases where the mother is an unfit parent.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 5:07 pm

I know she went out with Chris Holmes....that had to be interesting -
and Nikki said she and her saw forks on a table....fly up....stick in cieling -
black magic stuff....
I suppose Tony Iomni didn't include that story in HIS book - lol -
Ozzy was a handful, not surprised by Tony, or Geezer or Bill Ward !
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
She seems fine to me.

She lost custody of her children.  It's exceptionally rare for a mother to lose custody of her children in custody cases.  It's not unheard of, but the courts are loathe to do that.  When they do decide against the mother, it's often for cases where the mother is an unfit parent.  
Not always though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
She seems fine to me.

She lost custody of her children.  It's exceptionally rare for a mother to lose custody of her children in custody cases.  It's not unheard of, but the courts are loathe to do that.  When they do decide against the mother, it's often for cases where the mother is an unfit parent.  
Not always though.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:22 pm

I am looking forward to the new book and the new cd...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:11 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
She seems fine to me.

MetalGuy71 wrote:

In an interview with Metal Sludge, Gillette broke his silence on the situation, saying, "Unlike Lita, I don't believe it's right to say bad things about a child's parent publicly or in private. I think divorce is hard enough on kids and they certainly don't need to be hurt or embarrassed by an irrational parent who has an agenda. That said, I suppose I could finally shed a little light on the subject without being too harsh.

"First of all and for the record, I have sole legal and physical custody of our sons. Unfortunately, it goes much further than that. As heartbreaking and unbelievable as this might sound, Lita Ford is not even allowed to see our sons by way of an agreed-upon court order. This order was signed after nearly two years of litigation, during which time the courts only allowed her supervised visitation.”

He continued: "Everything is legal about the boys being with me, and all of Lita's self-serving claims and slanderous allegations are completely and 100% ludicrous. Quite frankly, all of this is more than a little frightening for our family.

"Our sons have urged me for years to tell the world our side of the story but this is all I'm prepared to share at this point in time."

When a judge thinks this man is the better parent...
Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Jim-g9

You must have some real issues.

PostSubject: Re: Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway   Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next