Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinderella Discography

Go down 
+23
EvyMetal
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
akeldama
chewie
tohostudios
Sutekh
ultmetal
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
jettafiend
Lari
mikeinfla
adrian
manny
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:21 am

Quote :
I have not heard this album in years but I am going to blow the dust off the album and take this CD out for a spin.

I need to do the same. I've heard some cuts off of it when I shuffle some Cinderella on the computer, but I haven't played the full album front-to-back in quite some time. I recall liking it very much when it came out. Played the sh*t out of it as a matter of fact. Which is probably why it got shelved for awhile.

I liked that they expanded their repertoire a little more on this album, again trying to put a little distance between them and their "hair-band" contemporaries. Keeps them from sounding dated or cliched.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Cinderella Discography - Page 3 41ymck11

Cinderella gets angry. Sales of the last album weren't as high as the first two and Polygram is putting on pressure but in 94 this flavor of rock wasn't hot as flannel had taken over. Add to that Tom's mothers passing and his throat surgery and you have a recipe for an almost sinister album. Lyrically about half the songs deal with the subject of being passed by in some form or other with Bad Attitude Shuffle and Blood from a Stone leading the way while Talk Is Cheap is just scathing. There's also a great but melancholy ode to his mother in, Hard to Find the Words, which is touching no matter who you are. There's some light in the title song and Through the Rain and Hot and Bothered is a true Cinderella song that doesn't fit on this album.

Musically you might notice that there is more a wall of guitar sound witht the horns and such being pushed to the back more. And you might hear that Tom's voice is a little deeper, huskier at points due to his surgery. Overall this album is a very natural progression but at the time it was almost ignored with most of the songs off it people have heard are from the greatest hits and live albums but it's a nice listen and other then Hot and Bothered there are no songs to skip on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Four years between albums is an eternity in the music business, and to make things worse, while Cinderella were away (granted, they had legit reasons for their long layoff, as DH explains), everyone had gone and changed the channel on'em.

That said, I bought this album as a new release (I'm probably one of the few that did...) and have always championed it. It's mainly a return to the hard rock sound of Night Songs, with the added bonus of years on the road and the maturity it brings, though there are a few Long Cold Winter style mellow bits shot through it now and again.

"Bad Attitude Shuffle" and "Talk Is Cheap" are my two faves, though there really isn't a clunker on it (possible exception: the "Wayne's World" soundtrack song "Hot & Bothered," which as DH sez doesn't quite fit the album's vibe.)

Useless trivia, this album was one of the last things... if not the last thing -- I ever bought on cassette (remember those?) as a new release. The tape crapped out after only a few spins so I took it back to the music store and somehow managed to BS them into giving me a CD copy as a replacement. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:05 pm

You should get a personalized thank-you from the band for being one of the seven who bought it as a new release. I actually found it used in the first month it was released. Bad me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:33 pm

I did not buy this album til it had already been out for several years, I did not even know the album existed, no ads in RIP, Rolling Stone, nor did I see any reviews in (S) Hit Parader, Circus, or Faces. Mercury just dropped this album into the market and seems to have done zero promotion for it. This is after the band scored them three platinum albums in a row!!

I was pleasantly surprised how good this album was and when those tight asses in the music press lumped them with pop metal band, those stepford fans goose stepped right in line to purchase their flannel kits at the local Kmart instead given the album a fair listen.

Metal Evolution has a story on one of the episodes, where the record company weasel was playing the pre release disc at this at a L.A. store and couple of fans of heroin chic Seattle rockers listened to it over the loud speaker, they were really into it, and raved about it and demanded to know who it was. When the record weasel told them, there reaction changed to 'oh' and they walked away, going back to pretending to be miserable. That is when record ex knew that it was over for that era of music.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:30 pm

I am one of those that didn't hear any tunes from this untill "Once Apon A......" Then I purchased it a few years after that was released. Perhaps 2000-ish or so.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:27 pm

I remember ordering Still Climbing from BMG and liking how pissed off it was, it's still my fave Cinderella to this day and the only one that gets regular spins.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I've never actually heard Still Climbing. I liked Heartbreak Station, good album
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:54 am

I bought this as a new release (on a cassette) for the song "Hot and Bothered." I had to be about 16 and saw the writeup in Metal Edge about it. Before this album came out I vaguely knew who Cinderella was. I still remember riding my bike and blasting "Bad Attitude Shuffle" while flinging newspapers.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Wow. Walkmens and paperboys make me feel old.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:50 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Wow. Walkmens and paperboys make me feel old.
lol!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:55 am

chewie wrote:

It did seem that blues rock was making quite a resurgence then. Did Izzy's album come out that year or a little later??? I guess since The Black Crowes were a new band they didn't get lumped in with the hair metal tag and were able to succeed... just my guess.

Blues Rock was popular again in the early 90's. Gary Moore was also very successful with his "Still got the Blues" album and the single.

chewie wrote:

I suppose my question is............... If this had been Cinderella's first album would they have been able to make it through the 90s????

I would say so, Blues Rock was on the rise again

As for the albums:
Heartbreak Station is a great album. Nothing else to be said, i enjoy it a lot

Still Climbing was the album i only got years later, it's out of print here for years and you can either get is an import and pay a shitload of money or as a used copy and pay...still a lot (same as with Wildside and 90% of the other "Glam" and Sleaze Bands of the late 80s/early 90s, they had no impact here and therefore it's hard to get them, i usually rely on US Imports, not that cheap either)
It's a lot darker but that was the norm at the time (all those 80's band suddenly turned dark) and it's ok. I prefer the other three albums over it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Cinderella Discography - Page 3 41jppe10

Live albums are very hit and miss affairs and all of them omit songs that fans will think are essential. Live at the Keyclub is a raw affair but showcases Cinderella very well though at times the crowd seems a little lackluster even when Tom tries to encourage them to get more into it. This album would work as an introductory of sorts as most of the "hits" are on it. Tom sounds strong on it, the whole band is tight and seems into it the whole concert. Maybe this is one of those bands that the club setting brings out the best in. Best done song on here is Shelter Me with nods to Nobody's Fool and Heartbreak Station.

Cinderella has a few greatest hits and live albums out. If anyone wants to add those that'd be cool. From the looks of it the Cinderella Gold album with 30 songs is the most comprehensive.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:31 am

I have the Gold hits but it includes a live version of "Gypsy Road" rather than the studio version. I like the live version but at over 12 minutes it gets a little long at times. As I bought my copy from Amazon's digital store, I was also able to go back and purchase the studio version and just change the album info to add it to the collection. The inclusion of a live version of "Long Cold Winter/Fallin' Apart at the Seams" is very heavy blues number and different from the studio version but I cannot find any info as to which concert or live album it is from.

Also the greatest hits package "Once Upon A..." has two newer studio songs that IMHO should be included. I no longer have that album but Ult does on NLTM, maybe he would be willing to give it his opinion. Just a thought.

Last edited by jettafiend on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:40 am

Quote :
That said, I bought [Still Climbing] as a new release (I'm probably one of the few that did...)

You and me both Freddy. I bought it brand new at Tower (God I miss that place). Loved it then and played it constantly, even if they weren't the flavor of the day anymore. It was probably the first Cinderella album that I bought brand new in the cd format as well. All their previous album were purchased as tapes and then later upgraded to that new fangled technology of the day.

And like Heartbreak Station before it, I overplyed this album and it's been shelved for some time. I brought it into to work this week to give it a fresh spin in it's entirety.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 am

Will you be covering Live Train to Heartbreak Station? I've been spinning that in the last week, and really enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Haven't heard this one in a long while, as it's the only Cinderella disc I have yet to upgrade to CD. I really dug it when it first came out though. At first the shift from bluesy "hard rock" to simply "blues rock" took some time to get into, but eventually I "got" it.

I just upgraded HEARTBREAK STATION to CD a couple of weeks ago and have been listening to it steadily, so I can form a more coherent comment on it now. Very Happy

It's definitely Cinderella's most mature and ambitious album; I particularly like "The More Things Change" and "Shelter Me" (by the way, I always loved the totally random Little Richard cameo in the video for that song...) and the title track is about as epic as power ballads get.
The country-western flavored (!) "One For Rock & Roll" is a great song to listen to while driving.

So I now have all of Cinderella's studio discography on CD. Only took me 20 years or so to complete it. Yay me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm sure they appreciate you going the Last Mile for them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm sure they appreciate you going the Last Mile for them.

Well, the road's still long, but I'll be climbin' for the rest of my life.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:41 am

cuase your nobodoys fool braaaaa

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 am

Gonna chime in on Long Cold Winter, I think its a great album I know I used to have it on CD not sure if i do anymore or not but there were some good songs on it

If I find it ill have to spin it again as its been a long time
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm

You should look for it. You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 pm

If and when he does find it.....it will be on the last mile

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 am

Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Cinfront0001
By bridgesbunch at 2012-08-10

Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Cinfront0002
By bridgesbunch at 2012-08-10

Does anyone know what this is? I found it in the 5 dollar bin at Walmart. It appears to be live but the audience is cut down so low they almost sound like studio tracks except for the acoustic songs and you can just barely hear the 25 people that were there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinderella Discography
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next