Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Live album from Cinderella

Go down 
+9
Gilbert
martinsane
exact33
Sutekh
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Another Live album from Cinderella Empty
PostSubject: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 am

Another Live album from Cinderella 61xEE95DFnL._SL500_AA300_

Details are pretty sparse at this time, but it looks like it's a one cd and one dvd package. Don't know if it's old or recent, one show or multiples sewn together.

*sigh* time keeps ticking away with no new music in sight. In the meantime, here's yet another live package. Somebody shake me.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 am

I think they now officially have more live CDs than they do studio albums.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
I think they now officially have more live CDs than they do studio albums.

If you look at their discography listing here, they passed that milestone quite a while ago. By my count, there are 7 (!) live discs already, and this new one will be #8, as opposed to 4 studio albums.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=221

Way to get mileage out of those four albums though huh?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 pm

They've surpassed GnR for time passed between studio releases as well. 15 years between Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy. The last Cinderella studio album, Still Climbing came out in 1994. 17 years and still waiting...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They've surpassed GnR for time passed between studio releases as well. 15 years between Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy. The last Cinderella studio album, Still Climbing came out in 1994. 17 years and still waiting...

The difference is, Cinderella hasn't been locked in the studio for that entire time, surrounded by jars of their own pee, and telling everybody "It'll be out soon! Really! We mean it this time!" every six months.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 pm

I don't blame the band for the live albums and compilations. Maybe they okay them, but they're going to happen no matter what. As far as I know, the band doesn't own the rights to that stuff and labels keep buying the rights, repackaging and releasing it as new stuff, then selling it all to the next label who does the same thing.

But the damn band should put some new music out. I don't care that they tried in 1998 and got dicked over by the label and couldn't re-record those songs for five years. It's been 13! And as shown in those boots I uploaded, they have at least two albums' worth of unreleased material that's REALLY FRICKIN' GOOD! They can't release that stuff? They can't do something cool on Record Store Day like re-release their debut 7" or whatever? Gimme a break.

This is one instance where I'm more inclined to say they owe it to the fans. I typically don't think bands owe the fans anything, as it's their art, but Cinderella is a bit ridiculous with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:54 pm

It's not like lineup changes have really held them back either.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Nope. And aside from the few years when Keifer was dealing with the issues with his voice, they've remained a touring band.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Somebody needs to give them a map with the studio marked on it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Somebody needs to give them a map with the studio marked on it. Laughing

with pictures...

I would imagine they would get a lot of sales and interest in a new album, moreso than a new live album...

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:26 pm

At least they haven't done the dreaded "covers" album yet... or the "let's "re-record" the hits cd.

If they could pull off another Night Songs styled album I'd be game though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:35 pm

martinsane wrote:
At least they haven't done the dreaded "covers" album yet... or the "let's "re-record" the hits cd.

i would enjoy another cd in the style of Heartbreak Station.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
martinsane wrote:

i would enjoy another cd in the style of Heartbreak Station.
Any of them, really. They put out four damn good CDs.

And I wouldn't mind a covers album, actually, because I picture them doing some old school blues covers.

I can hear Cinderella doing a rockin' cover of this, you know.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:50 am

I was listening to night songs earlier this morning. I love this band.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:58 am

Gilbert wrote:

i do too. I really really dig the bluesy metal they play.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

i do too. I really really dig the bluesy metal they play.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:58 pm

After being a fan all these years (since Night Songs first came out), I am FINALLY going to see them live. Shiney and I are scheduled to see them 8/6 at the Cleafield County Fair (with Firehouse and Slaughter) WOO HOO!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Slaughter. The S is now silent. =(
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:

HA! HA! At first, I was like "WHAT?"... then I got it. We saw Slaughter two summers ago at the M3 Festival, and they has Mark's vocals so low, that NO ONE could hear him. We assumed that this was because his voice is so SHOT that they don't WANT us to be able to hear him. It is just the Dana Strum show now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Razz

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Speaking of live Cinderella, I picked this up from a record shop this afternoon for a paltry £2;

Another Live album from Cinderella 12867195230004_v

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, as my record player is back at my flat (I'm currently at my folks'). Unlikely, but anyone know if it's particularly rare?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 pm

They need to put that "Pat's Hot Dogs" jingle on the new live album. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Smindas wrote:
Speaking of live Cinderella, I picked this up from a record shop this afternoon for a paltry £2;

Another Live album from Cinderella 12867195230004_v

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, as my record player is back at my flat (I'm currently at my folks'). Unlikely, but anyone know if it's particularly rare?
Definitely rare. I've been looking for it for a long time, but I've never seen it. "Galaxy Blues" appears only on that EP and the "Nobody's Fool" single. Good score!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Ahh, fantastic. If I ever see another one as cheap, I'll be sure to grab it for you. Also got Mayfair by the Quireboys from the same shop - only single released whilst they still had Ginger in their ranks. Again, stupidly cheap. God bless Welsh record shops.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
They need to put that "Pat's Hot Dogs" jingle on the new live album. Very Happy

As an encore track too! I can just picture them ending their set, hearing the crowd chanting "Pat's Dogs! Pat's Dogs! Pat's Dogs!" and then coming back out and rocking that 30 seconds of brilliance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Live album from Cinderella   Another Live album from Cinderella Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Live album from Cinderella
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next