Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28

Go down 
+10
nevermore
glassprison
Thrasher73
the sentinel
manny
tohostudios
Eyesore
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Empty
PostSubject: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am

It's a 5 cd set (4 albums + 1 disc or rarities/live). Only thing, it's mostly all stuff we've heard before. Nothing that "rare". BOOOOOOOOO!!

Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Cinderella-album-cover-4-e1535602516562
Disc 1 Track List (Night Songs):
01. Night Songs
02. Shake Me
03. Nobody’s Fool
04. Nothin’ For Nothin’
05. Once Around The Ride
06. Hell On Wheels
07. Somebody Save Me
08. In From The Outside
09. Push, Push
10. Back Home Again
11. Nobody’s Fool (single edit)*
12. Shake Me*
13. Galaxy Blues*
14. Night Songs*

Disc 2 Track List (Long Cold Winter):
01. Bad Seamstress Blues/Fallin’ Apart At The Seams
02. Gypsy Road
03. Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone)
04. The Last Mile
05. Second Wind
06. Long Cold Winter
07. If You Don’t Like It
08. Coming Home
09. Fire And Ice
10. Take Me Back
11. Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone) [single edit]*
12. Coming Home [single edit]*

Disc 3 Track List (Heartbreak Station):
01. The More Things Change
02. Love’s Got Me Doin’ Time
03. Shelter Me
04. Heartbreak Station
05. Sick For The Cure
06. One For Rock And Roll
07. Dead Man’s Road
08. Make Your Own Way
09. Electric Love
10. Love Gone Bad
11. Winds Of Change
12. Shelter Me (radio edit)*
13. Move Over*
14. War Stories*

Disc 4 Track List (Still Climbing):
01. Bad Attitude Shuffle
02. All Comes Down
03. Talk Is Cheap
04. Hard To Find The Words
05. Blood From A Stone
06. Still Climbing
07. Freewheelin’
08. Through the Rain
09. Easy Come Easy Go
10. The Road’s Still Long
11. Hot & Bothered*

Disc 5 Track List:
01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Nobody’s Fool
03. Push Push
04. Once Around The Ride
05. Somebody Save Me
06. In From The Outside
07. Rock Me Baby/Bring It On Home
08. Second Wind
09. The More Things Change
10. Somebody Save Me
11. Heartbreak Station
12. Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone)
13. Gypsy Road
14. Shake Me

Thank God I can finally add the radio edit of 'Shelter Me' to my collection. impatient

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 10:25 am

No "Pat's Dogs" jingle, no peace!! angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Maybe it's a hidden track at the end. Which would be awesome.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 10:59 am

I picked up still climbing last week at my local record shop. Since i own all of these albums, i will definitely skip this box set.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 5:12 pm

So many kick-ass unreleased songs, too. Lame. =(
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 5:30 pm

WTH?  Why bother?  Are these at least remastered or something?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 5:30 pm

I used to own all the first three on vinyl til I replaced them with a CD versions. If they replaced the rarities disc as a stand alone disc, then I would purchase that.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 8:46 pm

I have an interest in the rarities disc as I, like pretty much all of us here, have the first four albums already. But, I was hoping that disc would be the Night Songs demos, and not some "rare" live recordings. I have 5 Cinderella Live albums in my collection, so this disc is now pretty worthless to me. Also, "single edits" as bonus tracks rather than a seldom heard cover or rare demo recordings? Really? I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 2:39 am

Pass! I'll sit around and wait for new material.( Til I'm old and gray) impatient Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 387733
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 9:18 am

None of the band members have anything to do with this or any of the slew of live albums that keep getting re-released.

It looks like all of the bonus material is just comprised of the b-side material from the singles. All of this is widely available already.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:16 am

tohostudios wrote:
WTH?  Why bother?  Are these at least remastered or something?

Here's where I got the info from...
http://sleazeroxx.com/cinderella-box-set-the-mercury-years-consisting-of-four-first-albums-and-disc-of-rarities-out-sept-28th/

It doesn't say if they are remastered. It doesn't give many details at all really.

glassprision wrote:

None of the band members have anything to do with this or any of the slew of live albums that keep getting re-released.

I pretty much assumed that much. The "official" title of this box set is "Cinderella - The Mercury Years", so I figured it's just another repackaging of their previously released material for the most part.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 am

I'll pass on this.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 4:09 pm

I don't see a reason to buy this, but it's clearly targeted for someone who doesn't already own their catalogue. I think it serves a purpose.

It's a different matter altogether how many people there are in 2018 who are interested in acquiring Cinderella CDs who haven't already scratched that itch. I doubt they have too many newer fans.

Then again, there's always people discovering older bands. Good for these fans to have this out for sale. For both of them. Either way, this release takes nothing away from older fans.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:02 pm

glassprison wrote:

It looks like all of the bonus material is just comprised of the b-side material from the singles. All of this is widely available already.

Agreed. It's just greedy record execs cashing in again. They (corporate) is why there are like 3 (or maybe more) different versions of the live at the Key Club concert.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 9:46 am

Pass
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 10:46 am

Have the ever said publicly why they don't reunite?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Quote :
Have the ever said publicly why they don't reunite?

Jeff Labar said it's because of him. Tom paid for Jeff's rehab but he hasn't stayed sober. When he made a fool out of himself on one of the Monsters of Rock cruises, that was pretty much the last straw. I think Tom likes the guys in his solo band and just prefers to do that.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 6:24 pm

Ah, makes sense I guess but too bad for us.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 10:22 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Ah, makes sense I guess but too bad for us.

Go here if you want to read Jeff's explanation...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t21510p25-jeff-labar-one-for-the-road?highlight=jeff+labar#708976
It's kinda sad actually.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 11:28 am

I guess I missed all that, knew he went through rehab but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28   Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinderella Box Set Coming Sept. 28
Page 1 of 1