Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar: The Asgard Saga

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
exact33
mc666
manny
Fat Freddy
EmoElmo
Olafsto
Gilbert
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Empty
PostSubject: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:48 am

New album set to be released in Summer 2012.

Any expectations?

I've been enjoying manowar recently, and it's nice to hear that they're back with new material.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:04 am

I`m hoping for a two hour long epic, pretencious saga. Full of pompous into`s, outro`s and bass solos.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:47 am

Assgard saga.....dang

sounds like there'll be a lot of storytellin n shyt
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:37 am

If it's anything like their last sleeping pill, Gods of Snore... I mean "War"... I'll pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:50 am

Hopefully they will let poor Orson Wells rest in peace and now use more narration from the great director.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:04 am

Olafsto wrote:
I`m hoping for a two hour long epic, pretencious saga. Full of pompous into`s, outro`s and bass solos.. Smile
i lol'ed.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
i lol'ed.

you are not the only one. Ill give it a try but I dont have any expectations of this being good.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:55 pm

It be nice if the self-proclaimed kings of metal would get back to playing some heavy metal and get away from all the orchestras and other nonsense.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I haven't heard any of Gods Of War so I have no opinion on it. I'd like to hear both Gods and the Asgard Saga and hear for myself how good or bad they may be.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:29 pm

I heard a song and it was plain dreadful snoozefest. I have no idea if this dude Karl Logan is decent guitar player or not, but he could have easily hung his guitar and walked off this recording and no one would have noticed. There is not a SINGLE riff on it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It be nice if the self-proclaimed kings of metal would get back to playing some heavy metal and get away from all the orchestras and other nonsense.

yep. they really have gone too far... and for manowar that is saying something....

BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:33 pm

stormspell wrote:
I heard a song and it was plain dreadful snoozefest. I have no idea if this dude Karl Logan is decent guitar player or not, but he could have easily hung his guitar and walked off this recording and no one would have noticed. There is not a SINGLE riff on it...

if El Gringo is the tone of the record i agree with you.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:06 pm

That song is going to be in a movie I believe its called El Gringo.... I read earlier that they tossed out the whole concept album idea and this is more straight up Manowar. This song kinda blows not just guitar but its just boring on all ends. Lazy drums, bad guitar sound........ I also read Joey was getting into all different kinds of recording equipment and microphones but with this recording it just sounds like everyone plugged directly into a soundboard or something. I miss the days of music sounding like it came out of these huge amps. I love Manowar though so I'm hoping there are better songs as there should be.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Is this endorsed by Stan Lee? Possible Soundtrack to Thor II? lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:25 pm

It doesn't matter how good or bad the album is, Manowar could poop between two paper plates and it would still sell a zillion copies in Germany and Brazil Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
It doesn't matter how good or bad the album is, Manowar could poop between two paper plates and it would still sell a zillion copies in Germany and Brazil Very Happy

as eloquent as ever FF!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:33 am

In an interview with Metal Hammer, the band promised an aggressive album.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manowar: The Asgard Saga    Manowar: The Asgard Saga  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar: The Asgard Saga
Page 1 of 1