Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saga?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Saga? Empty
PostSubject: Saga?   Saga? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:40 am

Anybody here dig them? I had known 'On the Loose" from days of listening to cheesy 80s AOR a few years back, but I'm actually beginning to delve into their stuff, and they're pretty killer. They remind me of Asia a tad bit, but that's not a bad thing by any means.

Someone told me if I liked Rush, that I'd like Saga. I don't know if I'm inclined to agree with that assertion, though, as they are very different beasts. They're both from Canada and are their own weird brand of prog, but the comparisons end there.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Saga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saga?   Saga? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:12 am

I really dig Saga! I own everything from Saga thru Pleasure and Pain(which is not a very good album). Their first 5 albums are a great slice of prog done their way. The Security Of Illusion was their first reunion album that is filled with some good harder edged rock bordering on prog.

This has always been one of my favorite tunes:

I love how this one starts mellow and ends in a sweet little jam(that synth sound is badass):

This one has a nice groove to it:

From the reunion album:

And this, The first video I ever saw of them. Gotta love that Moog bass. It got some heavy rotation on MTV in its early days:

Still love that song!

I don't have to many of their albums of the 2000s, though.

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Saga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saga?   Saga? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 am

I just put in an order via Amazon Germany to pick up two "5 Original Albums" sets that'll kind of give me a compact instant collection. I really dig what I've heard of them. It's a pretty cool intersection between pop and prog that (in what I've heard so far) avoids the stuff I dislike about both genres, so win-win!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saga?   Saga? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saga?
Page 1 of 1