Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forte (Technical Speed Metal)

Go down 
+19
Dark Horseman
subsanity666
SideShowDisaSter
kyleblack
metalheaded
krokus
stpatrik
Gilbert
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
T-Roy
Witchfinder
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Cool, I have Rise Above but not the other two.

That's the only one of their's I need.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Just ordered Stranger than Fiction from Amazon, 2 days til arrival.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

That was bit longer than two days, but well worth the wait. This album rocks, serious skill, the bass player is Steve Harris times 10! I only wish he was brought forward in the mix a bit. Great music for finishing up my taxes too (grrrr). Thanks for the heads up, this is a stellar group. headbanger TECHNICAL AGGRESSION.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 pm

I have 2 of their albums and I need to get more!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:22 pm

When browsing the rock section at CD Source, I saw a placard saying Forte and almost thought I got lucky. However, Forte was the last name of the artist.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

I recently acquired all of the Forte catalog (I only had Division previously) and this band is amazing.  Superb power/thrash that is intense and hooky as hell. All of their albums are excellent even with 3 different lead vocalists over their catalog.  

I am sorry that I overlooked their 2012 album - Unholy War - until now because it's easily one of the best albums from that year.  It's a killer follow-up to their excellent 1999 release Rise Above, and it sounds like 13 years hadn't passed between albums!  I love this album so much that I just ordered the vinyl version as well.  If you missed it, the CD is sold out at Divebomb records, but the band is selling copies on ebay.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Forte indeed rules...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Been a huge fan since the mid-90s when a friend in the Air Force introduced me to Division. They're easily one of the most underrated bands around.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:08 pm

totally underrated. Unholy War is great.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:05 am

What is this band's best song?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 am

Got into these guys through this forum. Very unique approach to I guess what could be called "power thrash" since it really has equal parts of both. I have their Stranger of Fiction album but need more.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:35 am

corplhicks wrote:
Got into these guys through this forum. Very unique approach to I guess what could be called "power thrash" since it really has equal parts of both. I have their Stranger of Fiction album but need more.

divebomb records has a nice 3 set of three of their albums on 2 cds:

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/product/forte-invictus

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Right. On. Thanks king! I'm gonna pick this up in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 pm

According to their Facebook page, they have a new one set for January 2015.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 3:58 am

Hopefully the production is better. Unholy War is great, but the guitar tone drives me nuts. So many albums sound like this, though, so I guess some people like it.

To me, it sounds like the guitarists are playing inside a dumpster.  Laughing Still love the album, though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
Hopefully the production is better. Unholy War is great, but the guitar tone drives me nuts. So many albums sound like this, though, so I guess some people like it.

To me, it sounds like the guitarists are playing inside a dumpster.  Laughing Still love the album, though.

They went to the Metallica school of production...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 am

Just found out that Greg Scott died last summer. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forte (Technical Speed Metal)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: