Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPEED METAL

Go down 
+7
Wargod
Thrasher73
kmorg
mc666
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:13 pm

Quote :
Hello Scott,

Would you be able to send me a list of Speed metal in the vein of Exciter

and Walls of Jericho - era Helloween that are readily available on cd? I'm

buying too much crap and really enjoy the style of Exciter and Paragon.

Thanks, Roger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:14 pm

And the point of this thread is...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:18 pm

I suggested:

ANVIL - Metal on Metal, Speed of Sound, Plenty of Power, Forged in Fire

TOXIK - World Circus

EVILDEAD - Annihilation of Civilization

WATCHTOWER - Energetic Disassembly

REALM - Endless War

DELIVERANCE - Weapons of our Warfare

anything by AGENT STEEL

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:25 pm

RIOT - Thundersteel
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
RIOT - Thundersteel

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:17 am

Iron Angel - Hellish Crossfire
Rage - Execution Guaranteed

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 am

Some people may disagree, but I suggest Cellador. This band sounds so much like early Helloween it's not even funny! Not heard them? Check these out:

Leaving All Behind
Seen Through Time (Fan-Made)

Yeah, I know a lot of people think the singer looks like a douche, but it's not 1983 anymore. Kids look different now. Haha. Plus he can frickin' wail! The band is pretty amazing, too. One of the best young metal bands I've heard in a long, long time.
Back to top Go down

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 am

Good speed metal heh?

Why not check out Belgian band Acid, who released three albums (still available) during the eighties, and who are also considered to be one of the originators of speed metal in the first place.

No website however they are on MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/acidspeedmetal
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:32 am

Helstar - Nosferatu

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
Some people may disagree, but I suggest Cellador. This band sounds so much like early Helloween it's not even funny! Not heard them? Check these out:

Leaving All Behind

Yeah, I know a lot of people think the singer looks like a douche, but it's not 1983 anymore. Kids look different now. Haha. Plus he can frickin' wail! The band is pretty amazing, too. One of the best young metal bands I've heard in a long, long time.

I agree,I wore this cd out when I got it
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:05 am

kmorg wrote:
Helstar - Nosferatu
mc666 wrote:
Iron Angel - Hellish Crossfire
Rage - Execution Guaranteed

Good suggestions.

Required Fields wrote:
...the point of this thread is?

To list bands that would fit withing the criteria spelled out in the email I posted in the first thread.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Leaving All Behind

I saw them live last May of 2006 with Gamma Ray they were killer, they had just released that cd. They are currently working on a new cd and they have had some lineup changes.

Wargod48

NP: Bejelit - Hellgate
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:29 am

I must agree with the Cellador call!! I love what they sound like....and I find them similar to Dragonforce (but don't hold that against them! I love DF!!)
Back to top Go down

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:48 am

Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force

Abbatoir - The Only Safe Place

October 31 - No Survivors
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:11 am

Also check out my band: Temple of Blood - "Prepare for the Judgement of Mankind".
Back to top Go down

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Humm..I need to buy ''Wall Of Jericho'' never found it in store...I'll command it.
Back to top Go down

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Leaving All Behind

I saw them live last May of 2006 with Gamma Ray they were killer, they had just released that cd. They are currently working on a new cd and they have had some lineup changes.

Wargod48

NP: Bejelit - Hellgate
I lucked out and was able to get their previous demo. A good friend of the band posts over at metalreviews.com and he had a bunch of us into them before they were even signed.

As good as the CD is, they basically had only a short time to put together a full-length. Four of the songs are basically the demo versions, remastered/remixed, with the some slight changes like lead bits, additional vocals, etc. But they're the same songs essentially. Then the new songs were all written quickly, they even ran out of time on one song and it wasn't included. Apparently Metal Blade gave them a ridiculous deadline. But regardless, the album came out amazing!

So I expect something even better on the next album. I have an unreleased demo with an early vocalist (the brother of the guy that posts at metalreviews) and a cover of an X-Japan song, if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:40 pm

WARRANT:THE ENFORCER
LIVING DEATH:VENGEANCE OF HELL
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:45 pm

Thrust wrote:
Good speed metal heh?

Why not check out Belgian band Acid, who released three albums (still available) during the eighties, and who are also considered to be one of the originators of speed metal in the first place.

Checking them out. That pic of Kate, the singer, looks a lot like Steve Harris (but prettier).
Back to top Go down

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:31 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Thrust wrote:
Good speed metal heh?

Checking them out. That pic of Kate, the singer, looks a lot like Steve Harris (but prettier).

Now you mention it there is a passing resemblance to Steve in his younger years.

There are some tinny sounding *ram media files up from Acid's first & second albums (courtesy of Vibrations of Doom Magazine). They really don't do the band justice but hey it'll give you an idea of what they sound like. Maniac (the second album) is when they really started to hit their strides.

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Acid.html
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Acid2.html
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Leaving All Behind

i have heard one cellador song and it was a carbon copy of rattlehead by megadeth - lets say i was not immpressed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SPEED METAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEED METAL   SPEED METAL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPEED METAL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: