Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forte (Technical Speed Metal)

Go down 
+19
Dark Horseman
subsanity666
SideShowDisaSter
kyleblack
metalheaded
krokus
stpatrik
Gilbert
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
T-Roy
Witchfinder
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Empty
PostSubject: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 am

I got this Forte CD at the Record/CD show last weekend. Matt @ Tribunal/Divebomb kept telling me how awesome it was and describing it to me, but I never got around to it. I now wish I had picked it up sooner!

This is late 80s/early 90s Technical Speed Metal madness! It reminds me of what Helstar & Toxik were doing at that time. Really clean sounding, tight, precise stuff! Quick tasty flashes of shreddy guitar/bass stuff, strong clean vocals and plenty of fast-paced tempos.

If you dig that kind of stuff, you need to check this out! It's on Divebomb Records AND Forte will be putting out a NEW CD later this year via Divebomb!

Forte (Technical Speed Metal) FORTE_750

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 am

Got this one from Detritus zine a while back, good stuff. Haven't listened to it in awhile tho.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Ult has reviews for a couple of their albums on his site. Always wanted to check them out based on those reviews, but never got around to it.

Quote :
Forte will be putting out a NEW CD later this year via Divebomb!

So is Stranger Than Fiction a re-issue or recordings of old demos and stuff?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

So is Stranger Than Fiction a re-issue or recordings of old demos and stuff?

It was a re-ish of an album from the early '90s, with a bunch of bonus demos 'n' stuff tacked on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am

Some samples available at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Than-Fiction-Forte/dp/B004LSJCQ0/ref=sr_1_13?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1335275604&sr=1-13

Sounds promising. I like that the vocalist isn't too over-the-top with his vocals. More mid-range from what I can tell. Sometimes those helium-high notes can get to be a bit much.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:05 am

I was really into this band for a while. Sort of forgot about them. Might have to go back and revisit some of those old CDs.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 am

I enjoy them. Talk about a band playing a style of music that was completely unfashionable at the time of release! If these guys had been around 10 years earlier or 10 years later, they would have been a success.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 am

Sick logo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

I have their later cds. I need to get that reissue.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

Love the first two a lot. Right degree of thrash there for me, with enough melody to keep it interesting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:56 am

So, hypothetically speaking, if someone were to investigate a little further into this band, where might be a good place to start?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So, hypothetically speaking, if someone were to investigate a little further into this band, where might be a good place to start?

The album I posted in my initial post, the remastered, reissued Stranger Than Fiction on Divebomb...good price, sounds good, and has the '89 and '91 demos as bonus tracks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sold
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Looks like they've been through a few vocalists in their career too. The remastered version that you're pimping here Shawn isn't the same guy that is with them now is it?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Looks like they've been through a few vocalists in their career too. The remastered version that you're pimping here Shawn isn't the same guy that is with them now is it?

Nah..looks like they've had a different guy since '97...the original singer James Randel was on the above debut album and the follow up album Division, both on Massacre Records originally.

One of the bonus tracks on the above reissue is the Metal Massacre XI version of "Dementia By Design" which is a non-album track featured originally on their '89 demo.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Bought this awhile back. Great album!! I'm looking forward to hearing their new stuff.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 pm

I don't know if I'd call this band "technical" ... certainly not as much as TOXIK or HELSTAR. The bass sounds cool though.

Definitely something to check out for folks who dig stuff like REALM or INTRUDER though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 pm

One of my favorite bands. These guys were a bit out of time when they came out, maybe even ahead of their time. They kind of skirted heavy metal, thrash and progressive metal, and they got lost in that 90s shuffle. No one could pigeonhole them, so they kind of got ignored. And they still do.

Which is unfortunate, because they're fantastic. This reissue is excellent, but I think Division is a great place to start. Different singer from the debut and those that came after, but it's my favorite by them. They're all great, though.

When Locky started Slaney Records, I was working with him to get the label off the ground (I had my own label long ago), and a Forte album was supposed to be the first release. If I remember correctly, James Randel was back in the band and had recorded a bunch of new songs with them. He was even going to lay down some vocals for a track or two from Rise Above for exclusive tracks as well. Or something like that.

Either way, the whole thing fell apart, after Locky had paid for artwork and all that. Kind of sucked and I don't think the band handled things too professionally, but that was years ago at this point, so whatever.

Their latest EP, Vae Solis, is awesome. So if that's any indication of what's to come, I can't wait. =)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 am

cool. will check these guys out
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:49 pm

I have all of Forté's stuff, not the remastered Stranger Than Fiction yet - but the original vinyl release which must be rare as f**k nowadays. I think the band went on to do better albums with catchier material, they're kinda like classic Anthrax, Priest, Metal Church and Pantera in a melting mix but made something of their own.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Here's one of their new tracks, from Vae Solis.

Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:05 pm

That sounds awesome. Like they never went away. So the new album's done. When and where is it due out?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 pm

stpatrik wrote:
That sounds awesome. Like they never went away. So the new album's done. When and where is it due out?
No. They put out a limted-to-100 EP last year or so. It's called Vae Solis. Apparently the new full-length, Unholy War, is coming out through Tribunal, or maybe Century Media, on July 12th.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 pm

I only have DIVISION and its not a bad album. Some guitar parts could have been on the AND JUSTICE FOR ALL album by METALLICA. Also i hear some old ANNIHILATOR influences. The singer sometimes sounds like the BLITZKRIEG/SATAN singer.

Last edited by krokus on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
stpatrik wrote:
No. They put out a limted-to-100 EP last year or so. It's called Vae Solis. Apparently the new full-length, Unholy War, is coming out through Tribunal, or maybe Century Media, on July 12th.

Tribunal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forte (Technical Speed Metal)   Forte (Technical Speed Metal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forte (Technical Speed Metal)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next