Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?

Go down 
+23
sheets
Lurideath
kmorg
EmoElmo
mikeinfla
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
DeathCult
DallasBlack
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Eyesore
stormspell
Required Fields
exact33
adrian
ShadowAngel
MetalGuy71
martinsane
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
So if the 'begging' doesn't materialize or even reach at least half the expected target amount, what are they gonna do with the money?

They don't actually "charge" anyone unless the amount is met. So if they don't achieve their goal, they dont' take anybody's money.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am

EmoElmo wrote:
So if the 'begging' doesn't materialize or even reach at least half the expected target amount, what are they gonna do with the money?
They don't get any money unless they meet the goal
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 am

EmoElmo wrote:

The Kickstarter thing works like a trust. A band sets up a desired goal. The momey is kept by Kickstarter till either goal is reached or not. If goal is reached , the band gets funds. If not, money is returned to donaters.

I still think it is a lame way to finanace a recording

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Is this a good time for me to try and sell my "Rev It Up" CD here ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:01 pm

kmorg wrote:

Sorry, already got it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:47 pm

kmorg wrote:

are you going to donate the $.50 to their new project?

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 am

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:16 am

James B. wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

The Kickstarter thing works like a trust. A band sets up a desired goal. The momey is kept by Kickstarter till either goal is reached or not. If goal is reached , the band gets funds. If not, money is returned to donaters.

I still think it is a lame way to finanace a recording

Does Kickstarter take a percentage of the funds raised, like ebay or something? And who's responsible for sending out the refunds if the goal isn't met? Will Kickstarter refund the money directly to you (slightly less after their take) or is it the responsibility of the band/fundraiser to admit failure and give money back?

I could see this getting complicated.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 am

If the goal isn't met, nobody's credit card is charged...you pay no money unless the goal is met.

Now, if the goal is met, your card is charged, and then the band can't make it happen, then what?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 am

kmorg wrote:

If you try, I hope you have better luck than I did. I tried to trade off a copy of that CD around here for well over a year before I finally ditched it at a yard sale.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 am

Well, they broke $1000...but they need to manage $1068.96 per day now to make their goal...$45 more than what they currently have.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 am

I love how Shawn is keeping us all up to date with daily figures of how colossally they're failing. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love how Shawn is keeping us all up to date with daily figures of how colossally they're failing. Very Happy

happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If the goal isn't met, nobody's credit card is charged...you pay no money unless the goal is met.

Now, if the goal is met, your card is charged, and then the band can't make it happen, then what?

Yea, do the bands offer any guarantee of a working time frame? Let's say they raise the money, but nothing happens over the course of 6 months or even a year? The band offers all kinds of excuses, but still no album? At what point do the fans that donated get to start sueing?

I just see this whole Kickstarter thing doing more harm than good in the longrun.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yea, do the bands offer any guarantee of a working time frame? Let's say they raise the money, but nothing happens over the course of 6 months or even a year? The band offers all kinds of excuses, but still no album? At what point do the fans that donated get to start sueing?

I just see this whole Kickstarter thing doing more harm than good in the longrun.

i think it will slow down too now that some of them are not making the goals. I think though that this goal was really really out in left field money-wise (and music-wise too...) which really ought to help bands be realistic with what they really need.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

i think it will slow down too now that some of them are not making the goals. I think though that this goal was really really out in left field money-wise (and music-wise too...) which really ought to help bands be realistic with what they really need.

They could make a record for half that or less then license it to some label, I'm sure.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They could make a record for half that or less then license it to some label, I'm sure.

which kinda surprises me that they set the bar so high. I would think if they are serious about making new music they would be a tad bit more realistic.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

which kinda surprises me that they set the bar so high. I would think if they are serious about making new music they would be a tad bit more realistic.

They may be wanting to record/mix/master & release without a labels involvement at all. But even then, they could record/mix/master & release on iTunes/Amazon MP3 independently for half that amount.

I think the problem is they're a "major label" band and have certain perceptions about what it takes to "do it right". Anything other than that is seen as "a step backwards".

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Vixen should use this lack of interest as a barometer of whether they SHOULD record again or not. If you don't get anywhere near your goal, then it's time to get a regular job and forget the music business.

Since it's obvious the general public has forgotten about them.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Vixen probably make ok to good money on those oldies circuit 80's nostalgia tours and festival, but a new album of new material, I think its cool they feel the need to do so, and I am all for it but the support is obviously not there.

I also no rhyme or reason why some artist are supported by fans on kickstart and others are not. On FB that chic who tired out for Rockstar Supernova ( smurf poo band) and sang for L.A. Guns for like 5 minutes, had a kickstart campaign and seemed to have made her goal almost over night, and I donot recall her ever releasing an album, et. Vixen who actually scored a gold album ( granted over a 100 years ago), are still played regularly on VH1 Classics and have name recognition can't even get fans to chip in for a Starbucks coffee.

Last edited by manny on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
Vixen should use this lack of interest as a barometer of whether they SHOULD record again or not. If you don't get anywhere near your goal, then it's time to get a regular job and forget the music business.

Since it's obvious the general public has forgotten about them.

yep. But like shawn said, if your used to champagne then beer doesnt really cut it.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I agree with Metalguy. This whole kickstarter thing is a joke! If the bands can't do it themselves, then don't do it! 35,000 dollars is a waste! This band just lost any respect I have ever had for them!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Quote :
This band just lost any respect I have ever had for them!!

And you just lost any respect I had for you by admitting that you once had respect for Vixen.

Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does Kickstarter take a percentage of the funds raised, like ebay or something? And who's responsible for sending out the refunds if the goal isn't met? Will Kickstarter refund the money directly to you (slightly less after their take) or is it the responsibility of the band/fundraiser to admit failure and give money back?

I could see this getting complicated.

Kickstarter works through Amazon payments. If the goal is met, and only then, Amazon charges you for the pledged amount.

Yes, Kickstarter takes 5%, and Amazon payments also charge about the same percentage, so in the end you get 10% less the pledged amount.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next