Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?

Go down 
+23
sheets
Lurideath
kmorg
EmoElmo
mikeinfla
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
DeathCult
DallasBlack
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Eyesore
stormspell
Required Fields
exact33
adrian
ShadowAngel
MetalGuy71
martinsane
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
i think it will slow down too now that some of them are not making the goals. I think though that this goal was really really out in left field money-wise (and music-wise too...) which really ought to help bands be realistic with what they really need.

The whole Kickstarter thing seems to work best with respect to artists that have a reliable track record. For instance, the video game guys that set a $400,000 goal for a game and they've earned over $3 million so far. The fans gave them that much because they're guys that currently work in the industry and have excellent reputations - they get stuff done and they do it well so you know what you'll be getting if you donate to them.

But people that have either never been on the radar or have fallen off of it aren't going to do very well with getting donations from the public for their projects.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Quote :
For instance, the video game guys that set a $400,000 goal for a game and they've earned over $3 million so far. The fans gave them that much because they're guys that currently work in the industry and have excellent reputations - they get stuff done and they do it well so you know what you'll be getting if you donate to them.

Good points. There is also the difference between the game designers and the musicians in that the game designers, from what I understand, are taking cues and ideas from the gamers themselves and then desiging the games based on those specifications. The people that donate have a say in the final output, to an extent, so they're willing to contribute.

I don't think Vixen are taking suggestions from fans on what key their songs should be in or what kind of bass strings get the best sound. Nor should they. But folks might be more forgiving or inclined to give if they have some sort of creative control or particiaption in the end result. It would be almost impossible to do that in music.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
For instance, the video game guys that set a $400,000 goal for a game and they've earned over $3 million so far. The fans gave them that much because they're guys that currently work in the industry and have excellent reputations - they get stuff done and they do it well so you know what you'll be getting if you donate to them.

Good points. There is also the difference between the game designers and the musicians in that the game designers, from what I understand, are taking cues and ideas from the gamers themselves and then desiging the games based on those specifications. The people that donate have a say in the final output, to an extent, so they're willing to contribute.

I don't think Vixen are taking suggestions from fans on what key their songs should be in or what kind of bass strings get the best sound. Nor should they. But folks might be more forgiving or inclined to give if they have some sort of creative control or particiaption in the end result. It would be almost impossible to do that in music.

Vixen are taking a suggestion - dont do another album!

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 am

Vixen got smart and cancelled their Kickstarter project...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:38 am

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Applause

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Now we need a replacement "has been act" to make fun of. Is "Bang Tango" asking for money yet? How about Billy Milano? I'm sure he'd love to record a sequel to Surfin' M.O.D.!

or maybe The Information Society or Men Without Hats? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Shut up, SD. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Now we need a replacement "has been act" to make fun of. Is "Bang Tango" asking for money yet? How about Billy Milano? I'm sure he'd love to record a sequel to Surfin' M.O.D.!

or maybe The Information Society or Men Without Hats? Very Happy

Trixer is back. How 'bout them? I never tire of busting their balls.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Who is this Trixer you speak of? Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Even Trixter didn't need to resort to Kickstarter to do their new album. Says a lot doesn't it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Trixter has balls? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Even Trixter didn't need to resort to Kickstarter to do their new album. Says a lot doesn't it?

No, not Trixter. Trixer. Never heard of them? They suck worse than Trixter.

Dicks.Wink

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Hell even Wikipedia takes donations so they can say kick Ultimatum to the curb. I'd say give then a library card so they can read a book on how to research something.

My guess is the next "has been" or "never was" to Kickstart will be Jeff Fenholdt. Who has a legitimate claim to fame for his leading role in Jesus Christ Superstar in the early/mid 70's but puts more emphasis on an audition with Black Sabbath when he advertises an appearance.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:04 pm

But is a master of asking for money.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Trixter samples for what it's worth

http://melodicrock.com/showcase/trixter-newaudiomachine.html
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Vixen got smart and cancelled their Kickstarter project...

Razz

man! It was at the top of my wantlist this year!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:43 am

James B. wrote:
Hell even Wikipedia takes donations so they can say kick Ultimatum to the curb. I'd say give then a library card so they can read a book on how to research something.

My guess is the next "has been" or "never was" to Kickstart will be Jeff Fenholdt. Who has a legitimate claim to fame for his leading role in Jesus Christ Superstar in the early/mid 70's but puts more emphasis on an audition with Black Sabbath when he advertises an appearance.

That asswipe was never a member of Black Sabbath as you point out James, and he goes around preaching the Gospel without pointing out he sang on some demos for Iommi, and Iommi chose to go with Glenn Hughes not him for Black Sabbath!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 am

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

That asswipe was never a member of Black Sabbath as you point out James, and he goes around preaching the Gospel without pointing out he sang on some demos for Iommi, and Iommi chose to go with Glenn Hughes not him for Black Sabbath!

Iommi chose to go w/ Glenn Huges for his solo album, which is what Fenholt was auditioning for...the label pressured Tony into calling it Black Sabbath...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

Iommi chose to go w/ Glenn Huges for his solo album, which is what Fenholt was auditioning for...the label pressured Tony into calling it Black Sabbath...

I know that, which the album was released as Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi, and I do look at as a legit Black Sabbath album no matter what circumstances of why that happened, Fenholt has a whole gospel industry based on him becoming 'Born Again' (shades of Ian Gillan!!!!) and his 'fame' (sham) of being a vocalist for Black Sabbath
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 am

Which begs the question, who has the more legitimate claim to having "almost" fronted Black Sabbath -- Ron Keel or Jeff Fenholt? Very Happy

Speaking of Keel, I'm surprised he hasn't opened a Kickstarter account.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Which begs the question, who has the more legitimate claim to having "almost" fronted Black Sabbath -- Ron Keel or Jeff Fenholt? Very Happy

Speaking of Keel, I'm surprised he hasn't opened a Kickstarter account.

Keel need kickstarter?!?!?! Surely you jest sir, according to their press releases the only thing bigger then Keel in the 80's was Rubix's cubes!

As far as your question, I guess Jeff Fenholt can claim to have a more legitimate claim to have 'almost' been Black Sabbath's vocalist, since he actually recorded demos with Iommi
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 am

I suppose if Fenholt had recorded the album itself, then been around when the label forced the name change, he could have a legit point. But he wasn't, so he doesn't.

What a tool.

Anyway, back to the Vixen Kickstarter:

They claim to have closed funding because they received an "offer they could not refuse"...I predict Frontiers Records stepped in, offered them less than half of what they were trying to raise, and they took it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I suppose if Fenholt had recorded the album itself, then been around when the label forced the name change, he could have a legit point. But he wasn't, so he doesn't.

What a tool.

They claim to have closed funding because they received an "offer they could not refuse"...I predict Frontiers Records stepped in, offered them less than half of what they were trying to raise, and they took it.

Frontiers label seem to have a good batting average, Mr Big sold well, and they have a great new band Vega, that have been getting a bit of critical acclaim, so Vixen would be smart to take the deal.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

What a tool.

Frontiers label seem to have a good batting average, Mr Big sold well, and they have a great new band Vega, that have been getting a bit of critical acclaim, so Vixen would be smart to take the deal.

Vixen would be smart if that's the case. Frontiers only backs what they consider sure things, and they also don't fund everyone equally...they only put in what they can expect to recoup case by case (or so I've heard)...so Vixen would not get as much up front as Mr. Big...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am

Quote :
Mr Big sold well

It's been my understanding that the guys in Mr. Big could collectively belch into a microphone and it would sell like Hello Kitty branded hot-cakes in Japan. Paul Gilbert says it's still like Beatlemania over there when he's in town.

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next