Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?

Go down 
+23
sheets
Lurideath
kmorg
EmoElmo
mikeinfla
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
DeathCult
DallasBlack
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Eyesore
stormspell
Required Fields
exact33
adrian
ShadowAngel
MetalGuy71
martinsane
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:29 am

He's like a Mowtown-influenced Rock guy...very soulful & funky in his style & delivery...but with lots of Strat-tone guitar...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He's like a Mowtown-influenced Rock guy...very soulful & funky in his style & delivery...but with lots of Strat-tone guitar...

Yea, that would probably explain why he never clicked with me. I'm neither soulful or funky. 👽

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I'm a Diet Coke addict, the stuff has to be as addictive as heroin.

nothing beats the Dew Retro!!

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 220px-Mountain_Dew_Throwback_2010

Not a huge fan of Mountain Dew, but the retro tastes better than the regular. I wish all sodas would go back to real sugar instead of the HFCS crap they use here in the US.

Hey...those TV commercials tell me "sugar is sugar...your body can't tell the difference"... Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 19976

My body might not, but my tongue does. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yea, that would probably explain why he never clicked with me. I'm neither soulful or funky. 👽

The closest he got to what I call "hot rodded" guitar & delivery (shredding, etc) were his first 2 solo albums on Shrapnel...

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 41DC2KXB6FL._SL500_AA300_

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 51675WAXCAL._SL500_AA300_

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:51 am

Kotzen was on Poison's Native Tongue, which is their best album imo. Gave them some real guitar playing. Of course that ended in one of those metal soap opera situations.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Kotzen was on Poison's Native Tongue, which is their best album imo. Gave them some real guitar playing. Of course that ended in one of those metal soap opera situations.

I had that on cassette tape. Probably bought it as a new release at the time. Never bothered to upgrade that one to cd though. Haven't heard it in years, but I remember not liking it. Poison was trying to sound more "mature" and wanted to be taken seriously. Bah! Poop on that.

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Quote :
but nothing outstanding as far as a white boy playing the blues goes.

Money isn't the root of all evil, white guys playing the blues is the root of all evil.

lol!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
Quote :

Money isn't the root of all evil, white guys playing the blues is the root of all evil.

lol!

Laughing very hard

"Long Island blues man."
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Quote :

lol!

Rory Gallagher might of had something to say about that Shawn

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:56 am

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Quote :

lol!

Rory Gallagher might of had something to say about that Shawn

among others Smile

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:31 pm

on a more positive note, it's great to see a truly deserving musician reach his goal on Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/490026334/dr-lonnie-smith-embarks-on-first-self-produced-rec

Dr. Lonnie Smith is one of the most influential Hammond Organists, his contributions to Soul Jazz are legendary. I saw him a few years ago in Virginia Beach and he still grooves like MAD! He's been recording since the mid 60s, both as a leader and also as a member of the George Benson Quartet and a frequent collaborator with Lou Donaldson. His most recent recordings are some of his best too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 pm

So does it help to not be a onetime flavor of the month group? He has a built in audience that is fairly rabid it sounds like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm

I think that has alot to do with it. Bands like Vixen came and went very quickly and honestly didn't really make any kind of dent in the grand scheme of things. Flash in the pan groups should not be surprised when their fame passes them by and nobody notices. I'm not deriding them, it's just a fact.

Someone like Lonnie Smith who has been recording for over 45 years and has 21 albums as a leader and hundreds of sideman appearances to his credit is more likely to get support.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:58 pm

And he barely made it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And he barely made it.

So what? Making it is the point. Considering jazz albums account for only 1% of all albums sold I think that's admirable.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
And he barely made it.
So what? Making it is the point. Considering jazz albums account for only 1% of all albums sold I think that's admirable.
You're so tedious, dude. Damn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
And he barely made it.

I'm tedious and you're a d!ckhead, we're even.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Don't make me get the hose, fellas.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
And he barely made it.
I'm tedious and you're a d!ckhead, we're even.
No, I'm not. It's typically the real dickhead who labels another such a thing.

You're always so goddamn defensive, even when you don't need to be, like in this thread. I was simply pointing out that even a seasoned musician like him barely made it. Meaning, it's not easy.

Loosen up.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Both of you lads need to simmer down and make amends by donating to a band worthy of your time, the mighty Killen could use your support .
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 226623
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:28 pm

manny wrote:
Both of you lads need to simmer down and make amends by donating to a band worthy of your time, the mighty Killen could use your support .

or my band!! I am using kickstarter to release TheKing's Psychedelic Polka Extravaganza!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

or my band!! I am using kickstarter to release TheKing's Psychedelic Polka Extravaganza!

I would contribute to your band before Killen or Vixen!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

that sounds like a great slogan:

TheKing's Psychedelic Polka Extravaganza!

Manny would contribute to this band before Killen or Vixen

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

that sounds like a great slogan:

TheKing's Psychedelic Polka Extravaganza!

Manny would contribute to this band before Killen or Vixen

Laughing very hard

Yeah, Joker would donate a fiver for that one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?    Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any VIXEN fans with deep pockets out there?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next