Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden fanclub members

Go down 
+11
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
7thSaviour
Wayne
James B.
exact33
thejokeriv
manny
Andy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lots of Charlotte peeps...nice! I'll be there (albeit in a seat) with my son, then Cliff from K~Octave, Matt from Tribunal/Divebomb and most likely Nikki from LOF...gonna be awesome!

For the Maiden veterans, what kind of merch do they usually have? Just shirts/posters? Or other cool things like maybe coffee mugs or Eddie bobbleheads?

It really depends on the year - that had a lot of stuff on the last tour - shirts, posters, scarfs, hats, beer cozy, cups, lanyards, don't remember it all - LOL! In the UK, they had a tour program which they didn't have it in the US and they never seem to have them in the US since the pattern seems to be tour the US first, then Europe lately. Let me see if I can find a picture of the merch stand.

BTW - they usually have a merch stand outside the venue so you can buy stuff and put it in your car before the show!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lots of Charlotte peeps...nice! I'll be there (albeit in a seat) with my son, then Cliff from K~Octave, Matt from Tribunal/Divebomb and most likely Nikki from LOF...gonna be awesome!

For the Maiden veterans, what kind of merch do they usually have? Just shirts/posters? Or other cool things like maybe coffee mugs or Eddie bobbleheads?

It really depends on the year - that had a lot of stuff on the last tour - shirts, posters, scarfs, hats, beer cozy, cups, lanyards, don't remember it all - LOL! In the UK, they had a tour program which they didn't have it in the US and they never seem to have them in the US since the pattern seems to be tour the US first, then Europe lately. Let me see if I can find a picture of the merch stand.

BTW - they usually have a merch stand outside the venue so you can buy stuff and put it in your car before the show!

That would be nice....in Charlotte, merch stands have always been within the grounds after you give your ticket.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That would be nice....in Charlotte, merch stands have always been within the grounds after you give your ticket.

I hope they have the outside stand again this year!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:56 pm

My wife got me better tickets than I was wanting!

We got the back part of Section 3 near the VIP boxes! Whoo!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My wife got me better tickets than I was wanting!

We got the back part of Section 3 near the VIP boxes! Whoo!
That's close to what I got in Section 101 in Atlanta!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 am

thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
I am also a proud member of the Iron Maiden Fan Club! See y'all at the Atlanta show on 6/23!

5 minutes \m/
I got my tickets in the lower section of the seats(100s). How about you? BTW, I saw you over on the IMFC forum!

Got PIT for Atlanta \m/
I put in for the best available first and got pit tickets, but I returned them in favor of actual seats! Have fun!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 pm

I got ga3 pit tickets for the Newark July 2. Im bringing my sister again for ghe 3rd time
Im very exited . Lets hope they do the stage just like thdt original tour
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:50 pm

powermacho wrote:
I got ga3 pit tickets for the Newark July 2. Im bringing my sister again for ghe 3rd time

The entire floor is PIT, GA3 is just a way for ticketmaster to count the number of GA tickets they sold
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
powermacho wrote:

The entire floor is PIT, GA3 is just a way for ticketmaster to count the number of GA tickets they sold
thanks fof fslling me,lol. I thought it was by sections. Ill see u there
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Since Charlotte is the 1st date on the tour, what are the chances of seeing Ed Force One coming in? Makes sense they would fly in to the kick-off show then pick the boys up at the end of the tour.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:26 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Since Charlotte is the 1st date on the tour, what are the chances of seeing Ed Force One coming in? Makes sense they would fly in to the kick-off show then pick the boys up at the end of the tour.

None - they aren't using it this leg of the tour. They only use it for the round the world tour in the winter/spring months since that's when they can lease the plane at the lowest rates. Plus, it doesn't make sense to us it for an extensive US or Europe tour, since it;s cheap to truck everything between shows. The band does fly between shows, just on a charter plane
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of them getting from England or wherever they are at this time, to the U.S. then back to parts unknown when the tour wraps up in August. How do they all(band, crew, & gear) get to the 1st date on an overseas tour & then back home. Surely they don't fly commercial?
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:36 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
I was thinking more along the lines of them getting from England or wherever they are at this time, to the U.S. then back to parts unknown when the tour wraps up in August. How do they all(band, crew, & gear) get to the 1st date on an overseas tour & then back home. Surely they don't fly commercial?
They'll probably use commercial freight to get the gear to the states. I would be willing to bet the band is ussing rented gear and bring along the stuff they can't rent like some of the stage show components. Jet fuel is very expensive.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:16 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

They fly commercial. They don't all live in the UK anymore (just Adrian, Bruce and Janick at this point. Steve has houses all over the place, Nicko in FL and Dave in Maui) Their instruments probably travel with the band but the rest of the stuff (I.e. big eddie, stageing, etc) travels via ship - there is footage of the equipment being shipped overseas via ship in one of the IMFC TV episodes.

Someone ran into Bruce on the 2010 tour on a day off, he stayed an extra day in one location while the rest of the band traveled on. It was on a Southwest Airlines flight!

Granted, the round the world with ed force one works really well and makes sense for shows with some distance between them, but it would be way too $$$ to fly between DC and Philly with all the equipment. Even on the Ed Force One dates - they sometimes ship the stage via trucks, like last year in Florida. They shipped the equipment via truck from Ft Lauderdale to Tampa. The heavier the plane the more jet fuel you use.

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:32 am

Very interesting discussion on Maiden's logistics on tour!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:51 am

7thSaviour wrote:

When En Vivo is released next week, it will have a 90 minute doc on the logistics of touring with Ed Force One - should be pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:37 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

When En Vivo is released next week, it will have a 90 minute doc on the logistics of touring with Ed Force One - should be pretty cool!

Very cool. At this stage in their careers, with the number of DVD releases already under their belt, I'd rather see more backstage stuff than concert footage. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden fanclub members
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2