Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden fanclub members

Go down 
+11
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
7thSaviour
Wayne
James B.
exact33
thejokeriv
manny
Andy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Iron Maiden fanclub members Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Are you a member of the Iron Maiden fanclub? It's a paid service ($47 USD) with some perks and small gift pack. It also offers access to forums, ticket pre-sales and enters you to win the "First To the Barricade" drawing which I believe is a chance to win access to the pit at Maiden shows.

I'm getting tickets for the DC show (actually Bristow, VA) on June 30. I saw them on TFFT tour at the same venue on 7/20/10 and it was awesome. This time I really want to get the best seats possible.

I'm not a member yet, but I am considering picking up a membership tomorrow. I'm a maniacal Maiden fan, so I can rationalize joining for the sake of being a fan, collecting Maiden memorabilia, etc. But more practically, is it really worth dropping $47 for it? What have your experiences been regarding pre-sales? Have you or someone you know ever won a "First to the Barricade" drawing?

What are your thoughts on the fanclub value overall?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Jokerman can answer all these questions for you, since he is card carrying proud Iron Maiden fanclub member.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Yes, it;s well worth it. First To The Barrier is AWESOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:24 pm

and he is going to make t shirts of my new TheKing sig below!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 pm

exact33 wrote:
and he is going to make t shirts of my new TheKing sig below!

your sig is missing "Burger of Unknown Orgin" on the bottom

Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:42 am

I'm a member of the iron maiden fanclub, have been since 1998.

To be honest I think it's a waste of time and I think I only re subscribe out of some blind loyalty as maiden are by far my favourite band.

You get a small gift pack which is worth the initial subscription which includes a signed photo, a keyring, magazine, membership card and a couple of other minor things. Overall I'd pay the first years subs just for the photo to be honest.

After that you get a signed Xmas card from the band which is kinda cool and worth collecting for the unique artwork. The magazines have been upgraded in recent years to glossy a4 magazines rather than the old style a5 fanzine looking items.

The biggest let down for me though is that a band the size of maiden should really do a lot more for the fans. 3 magazines a year, an Xmas card and access to the members action of the forum is really all there is. Ok so over the years I've got to travel with the fanclub twice to paris to see the band which was really nice but these things are to few and far between. There's been no fanclub conventions organised since 2000 (at least not in the UK) and I've never come across any opportunity to meet the band apart from the previously mentioned fan club convention 12 years ago. Yes the fanclub organise stuff like Bruce-air flights to gigs but these cost an arm and a leg. The latest scam is pay £666 for a one hour flight tuition with Bruce in a simulator, no thanks.

Also there's so many fans in the fanclub that thinking you'll get any sort of priority tickets is a total myth as the last two tours I've had to sit in the stands unable to get standing tickets despite calling on the very day the supposed fanclub ore sale is on.

There really isn't enough in the way of events, conventions and much else from the fanclub to be honest. It's run by a husband and wife combo from one office I believe which I find incredible that a 100,000 million plus album selling hand doesn't have a huge office employing loads if people in a proper set up. For a band who has taken great pride over the years in being true to their fans and singing their praises saying they have the best fans in the world they don't ever seem to want to meet them. I understand they are knocking on and don't wanna be mobbed by hordes of crazy teens anymore but still, a VIP package with a backstage meet and great would be nice for fans to be given the option to buy at selected concerts.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:53 am

Wayne wrote:

Also there's so many fans in the fanclub that thinking you'll get any sort of priority tickets is a total myth as the last two tours I've had to sit in the stands unable to get standing tickets despite calling on the very day the supposed fanclub ore sale is on.

Really? I've never had any issues getting standing or pit tickets during the presale. And for shows that have not PIT, I;ve always been able to get close tickets
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 am

I am also a proud member of the Iron Maiden Fan Club! See y'all at the Atlanta show on 6/23!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 am

7thSaviour wrote:
I am also a proud member of the Iron Maiden Fan Club! See y'all at the Atlanta show on 6/23!

5 minutes \m/
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:39 am

thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

5 minutes \m/
I got my tickets in the lower section of the seats(100s). How about you? BTW, I saw you over on the IMFC forum!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 pm

What are the price tiers?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

5 minutes \m/
I got my tickets in the lower section of the seats(100s). How about you? BTW, I saw you over on the IMFC forum!

Got PIT for Atlanta \m/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
What are the price tiers?

Iron Maiden fanclub members Clttix10
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Sweet...I'm thinking I'll get the $75.00 tickets...thanks!

What is the on-sale date for the general public?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Those are very reasonable prices.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Really? I've never had any issues getting standing or pit tickets during the presale. And for shows that have not PIT, I;ve always been able to get close tickets

yea my friend got tickets today for the long island show and he wasn't able to get up close. he got orchestra but its not that close to the stage. he joined the fan club just so he could get really good seats for this show but its kind of a waste of money. I joined Helloweens fan club and that was pointless. I got some cool autographed stuff but not much else.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Saturday 10AM
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Wayne wrote:

yea my friend got tickets today for the long island show and he wasn't able to get up close. he got orchestra but its not that close to the stage. he joined the fan club just so he could get really good seats for this show but its kind of a waste of money. I joined Helloweens fan club and that was pointless. I got some cool autographed stuff but not much else.

There are a few in the fan club that 2nd and 3rd row from the stage
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Saturday 10AM

headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Saturday 10AM

headbanger

Just found the Live Nation pre-sale pass code:

saxophone

Presale is Friday at 10:00AM

FYI - looks like the same presale code for all the Iron Maiden Live Nation presale shows
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm in the fanclub. Recently joined to take advantage of the pre-sale. I got the GA Pit passes for the Charlotte show.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'm in the fanclub. Recently joined to take advantage of the pre-sale. I got the GA Pit passes for the Charlotte show.

\m/ See you in the pit!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:50 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
nevermore wrote:

\m/ See you in the pit!!!!!!

Iron Maiden fanclub members 11840 Iron Maiden fanclub members 11840
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm

I joined the fanclub a few days ago so I could get in on the presale, and I am glad I did, cause I scored GA PIT tix for the Charlotte show. headbanger headbanger Been a big Maiden fan a long time, never got the chance to see them before, wasn't gonna miss out on this. UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Lots of Charlotte peeps...nice! I'll be there (albeit in a seat) with my son, then Cliff from K~Octave, Matt from Tribunal/Divebomb and most likely Nikki from LOF...gonna be awesome!

For the Maiden veterans, what kind of merch do they usually have? Just shirts/posters? Or other cool things like maybe coffee mugs or Eddie bobbleheads?

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden fanclub members   Iron Maiden fanclub members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden fanclub members
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next