Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 questions?

Go down 
+20
Andy
HeavyMetal
The_Jayroh
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
snooloui
Alex Dee Rokket
Gryphon-kl
Mglaffas81
arachnoplasma
adrian
mc666
James B.
metalken
chewie
speed101
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

2 questions? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 questions?   2 questions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:57 am

When I buy a new CD I try to make it through the lyric sheet and liner notes during the first listen. I'm a young guy, but I prefer to enjoy music the old fashioned way. I drop the disc in my stereo, put on my good headphones, crack open the case, still smelling of the thick wrapping plastic, pry out the lyric sheet and read through whilst jamming. Helps me learn the songs better too.

I don't listen to shitty, derivative bands, so I always find a handful of standout tracks on most albums, unless the album totally sucks or vice versa and it's a masterpiece and I fall in love with every chord (ie: Maiden's Number of the Beast or Entombed's Left Hand Path).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions?   2 questions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 am

I just don't obsess over the lyrics like I used to. I'd study them til I had them memorized. Now I usually will read the lyrics fist time I listen to a cd (when provided of course) and that's about it, unless somewhere down the line there's a part of a song I can't understand what's being said and don't remember what it's supposed to say.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions?   2 questions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 pm

007 wrote:
I just don't obsess over the lyrics like I used to. I'd study them til I had them memorized. Now I usually will read the lyrics fist time I listen to a cd (when provided of course) and that's about it, unless somewhere down the line there's a part of a song I can't understand what's being said and don't remember what it's supposed to say.

This is the same way as me!

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions?   2 questions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Yes I read the lyrics
Yes, even though I have roughly 72 hours worth of music if I played it straight
It changes, I have those songs I can always listen to, but favorites do shift.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions?   2 questions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I used to be really good about reading lyrics but I've gotten lazy in recent years, mostly just because I've got more distractions now and it's hard to carve out time to just sit back and listen to the music while reading the lyrics as they're being sung.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions?   2 questions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 questions?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2