Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

<l=( Questions )=l>

Go down 
+15
kmorg
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
Vordul
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetalRob331
Olafsto
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
mc666
tohostudios
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

<l=( Questions )=l> Empty
PostSubject: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:39 am

guyz do u accept nu metal, and gothic metal here??? Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:40 am

Yeah but expect a lot of flak if you start posting about nu metal. Personally, I like goth metal though.

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 am

I like some of both, but not all of either...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 am

in reality, most people here won't accept nu metal as metal at all.

it's like how my dad, who grew up with what his generation considered metal (black sabbath & deep purple), and in the 80's he considered slayer and venom to be not metal at all, but rather just noise. it's a generational gap thing!

in my opinion, having grown up with nu metal, i have no problem classifying it as metal - i'm really not sure what else you'd call it!! i just happen to not like a whole lot of it, although every band in the genre has put out some stuff that i really like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:03 am

Metal evolves and each generation has its own criteria/definition...it's the way it is.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:19 am

most of the regulars here are quite accepting of the different forms of hard rock & heavy metal, regardless of weather they like certain sub genres or not.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:21 am

I accept it.

Quote :

I'll get much more irritated about lousy sentence structure!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:50 am

I accept it. I'm not a big fan of either, but I have no problems with someone talking about it. Heck, I may even own a few of those albums from back in the day and get in on the conversation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I accept it.

Quote :

I'll get much more irritated about lousy sentence structure!! Razz

sorry, i'm not fluent in english Razz
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:59 am

Ah, English as a second language.

All the more reason to practice good grammar.

My best friend as a kid was born in the Philipines.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

groomdedz wrote:

Feel free to post about whatever bands you like.

I myself am not a big fan of most nu-metal bands, but I like a few. Sevendust are probably one of my favorites.

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:12 am

ParanoidTime wrote:
I disagree. There are a few people here that occupy the elitist table, but overall most everyone is pretty open-minded. They may not like a lot of nu-metal bands, but someone isn't going to get flak for liking nu-metal bands. We've discussed a ton of them.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
ParanoidTime wrote:
I disagree. There are a few people here that occupy the elitist table, but overall most everyone is pretty open-minded. They may not like a lot of nu-metal bands, but someone isn't going to get flak for liking nu-metal bands. We've discussed a ton of them.

Like Eyesore says, most people here have an open mind!!
So go ahead and post!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:58 am

Post away, all the people here have there own great opinions about metal. Thats what makes this Forum 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:59 am

I am fine with it. I like some numetal bands like Disturbed, Godsmack, and Sevendust; but I would much rather discuss Priest, Maiden, and Queensryche. Peace. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Post what you like man.Most of the guys here are cool with alot of different types of metal.I like some of it myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Some "Nu" bands I like:

DISTURBED
GODSMACK
DROWNING POOL
STONE SOUR
THREE DAYS GRACE
BREAKING BENJAMIN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Some "Nu" bands I like:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:07 pm

You can talk about it but be warned, we hang those that keep bringing up Slipknot as the greatest thing since Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ParanoidTime wrote:

i just read through one of the slipknot threads...i suppose i stand corrected! 90% of those who commented thought that slipknot sucks, but only 1 or 2 said they weren't metal. (and i realize there's debate as to whether slipknot is actually nu metal, but that's beside the point right now - if korn were to be discussed here i'm sure the comments would be similar).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Most will have open minds but don't expect them to even call those genres metal and any debate on the matter will probably fall on deaf ears. But nobody gets flack for likeing those bands because we all know that part of being metal is not giving a crap what others think of our musical choices so post away Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Some "Nu" bands I like:

DISTURBED
GODSMACK
DROWNING POOL
STONE SOUR
THREE DAYS GRACE
BREAKING BENJAMIN
Ah, Three Days Grace is an excellent band!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Some "Nu" bands I like:

DISTURBED
GODSMACK
DROWNING POOL
STONE SOUR
THREE DAYS GRACE
BREAKING BENJAMIN
Ah, Three Days Grace is an excellent band!

Good live band too....
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 pm

To be honest, I really haven't heard too much nu-metal, so I don't
comment at all. Most of what I have heard just doesn't appeal to me.

The only thing I don't like is when the nu-metal fans try to say that
bands like Priest or Twisted Sister are not metal. Them's fightin'
words! angry
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:40 pm

nu metal = <l=( Questions )=l> 288219

REAL metal = humble 🤘 fainting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <l=( Questions )=l>   <l=( Questions )=l> Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<l=( Questions )=l>
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next