Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

questions about megadeth

Go down 
+10
Stender
ultmetal
vanillaviking
Addy
mc666
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Black Coffee
Alex Dee Rokket
fingers
14 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

questions about megadeth Empty
PostSubject: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:48 am

Whats the line up of megadeth when they recorded Alice Cooper's No More Mr Nice Guy is it still the same line up as on SFSGSW? Also I saw an interview with Chuck Behler and he claims he was in Megadeth til the beginning of 1990 but other sources say he got kicked outta the band in july 1989. When did Jeff Young leave the band?
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:00 am

That's a good question - as far as I am aware Jeff Young was kicked / left the band in 1989 though not sure the month. And the Alice Cooper cover was also recorded in 1989 (prior to his departure) for the movie Shocker.

Mustaine has reportedly said that he hates that cover song (not sure whether it's because it had Jeff Young on it).
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 am

No More Mr. Nice Guy was recorded by Megadeth as a 3 piece. Mustaine, Ellefson, Menza. Young and Behler were gone, but Friedman wasn't in the band yet.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jeff Young got kicked out immediately after, if not during, the SFSGSW tour. He was definitely gone before 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' though. And as already said, Menza was on drums' (I'm sure he's actually very briefly in the video along with Ellefson, but I can't remember).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Black Coffee wrote:
No More Mr. Nice Guy was recorded by Megadeth as a 3 piece. Mustaine, Ellefson, Menza. Young and Behler were gone, but Friedman wasn't in the band yet.

What he said.

When you watch the video for the song, only those three guys are in it.

On a totally unrelated note, after seeing this video a few times back in the day I bought one of those leather jackets with the fringes on it that you see Dave wearing, because I thought it looked totally bad ass. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
On a totally unrelated note, after seeing this video a few times back in the day I bought one of those leather jackets with the fringes on it that you see Dave wearing, because I thought it looked totally bad ass. Laughing
but it didn't questions about megadeth 352445

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard Brutal as ever, mc. But also true.

Unfortunately I didn't take into account that Jon Bon Jovi had also worn the same jacket in one of HIS videos around the same time... so I spent a couple of years putting up with my wise ass friends' constant jokes about my "Bon Jovi Jacket"... I would always yell "This is a DAVE MUSTAINE jacket dammit!" Laughing very hard

Ahhh, to be young and stupid again... that's one fashion statement I would reconsider.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:27 pm

According to Wikipedia this was the lineup for Hidden Treasures which has the Cooper cover

• Dave Mustaine - lead vocals, guitar
  • Marty Friedman - guitar, backing vocals
  • David Ellefson - bass, backing vocals
  • Nick Menza - drums
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Addy wrote:
According to Wikipedia this was the lineup for Hidden Treasures which has the Cooper cover

• Nick Menza - drums

The soundtrack to the movie "SHOCKER" (which is where the Cooper cover first appeared) has the following credits for the track:

Mustaine: Lead/rhythm guitars, lead vocals
Ellefson: Bass
Nick Menza: drums

...no Friedman. It does, however, give credit for "additional guitars" to someone named "Sport Thompson," whoever that is.

Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:48 pm

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sport-thompson/4/823/875
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Addy wrote:

• Nick Menza - drums
Keep in mind, Hidden Treasures is a compilation album of stuff recorded at different times. It was probably just easier to say Marty was on all the tracks rather than specify his absence on 'No More Mr. Nice Guy'.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't take into account that Jon Bon Jovi had also worn the same jacket in one of HIS videos around the same time... so I spent a couple of years putting up with my wise ass friends' constant jokes about my "Bon Jovi Jacket"... I would always yell "This is a DAVE MUSTAINE jacket dammit!" Laughing very hard

Ahhh, to be young and stupid again... that's one fashion statement I would reconsider.

Really? I would wear that jacket and I would give a rip what anyone said. questions about megadeth 604261

Then again, in 2004 when I was wearing my denim/patch vest on stage it was "uncool" and too old school. I find it funny now that every thrash band under the sun is wearing a denim/patch vest on stage.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Really? I would wear that jacket and I would give a rip what anyone said. questions about megadeth 604261

Then again, in 2004 when I was wearing my denim/patch vest on stage it was "uncool" and too old school. I find it funny now that every thrash band under the sun is wearing a denim/patch vest on stage.

I would never wear fringe, but seriously, WHO thought it was uncool to wear patches???? Some poser no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah, I think that jacket is pretty badass actually.

I'd wear it now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 pm

questions about megadeth 201269 at the comments about the mighty fringe jacket!!

Nah, seriously, at the time it was cool I guess. I bought that particular jacket mainly because all of my friends were also buying leather jackets at the time and were all getting the same basic black biker style, I wanted something a little different. I sold it quite a few years ago because I'd gained a few pounds and grown a few inches over the years so it didn't fit me anymore.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:40 am

Uhh, mentioned this here: https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/the-complete-works-f17/megadeth-discography-t10137.htm

You know you guys hound me to write em, it contains the answers, and then you dont read em. Dicks Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

On a totally unrelated note, after seeing this video a few times back in the day I bought one of those leather jackets with the fringes on it that you see Dave wearing, because I thought it looked totally bad ass. questions about megadeth Icon_lol

I thought the same thing around the time I was shopping around for my 1st leather jacket in high school. I thought the fringes were cool, but a buddy of mine convinced me otherwise for the same "Bon Jovi" reasoning. So when I got the standard black biker jacket, the same guy would bust my stones and call me "Squiggy". That guy was a d*ck. questions about megadeth Icon_razz

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So when I got the standard black biker jacket, the same guy would bust my stones and call me "Squiggy". That guy was a d*ck. questions about megadeth Icon_razz

Truth hurts sometimes MG. questions about megadeth Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
So when I got the standard black biker jacket, the same guy would bust my stones and call me "Squiggy". That guy was a d*ck. questions about megadeth Icon_razz

Truth hurts sometimes MG. questions about megadeth Icon_smile

I thought of myself as more of the Lenny, Lone Wolf-type, but if the jacket fits...

PostSubject: Re: questions about megadeth   questions about megadeth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

questions about megadeth
Page 1 of 1