Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled

Go down 
+12
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
manny
MetalFRO
nevermore
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
jstate
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
INVADERS
Eyesore
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:46 pm

I think it kicks all kinds of ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:50 am

Here are a couple official videos from the album:

Psychic Vampire:

The Moneychangers:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:55 am

I almost picked this up last night, but decided on the new Astra instead. After watching those 2 videos, I'm confident in my desicion. For now anyway.

The songs are ok, but it's just not the same band to me. Maybe I'll come back to them at some point, but I've got other music that interests me more right now. 'Moneychangers' is pretty cool though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 pm

This album is fantastic. Surely not for everyone, as it's clearly different from the early and latter-day material, but I love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I think I will eventually get into the album, I just haven't been in the right mood for it yet. If I hear something in the wrong frame of mind I can't appreciate it, so I just wait until my tastes swing back in that direction.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Found this used at Half Price Books for $6 and figured I'd give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am

Just got this yesterday. Am looking forward to giving it a spin, but like S.D., I want to be in the right mood for it. C.O.C. is such an interesting band to me since I have followed them since a skater buddy of mine gave me a dubbed copy of Eye For An Eye. Then years later when Blind came out I was stunned by what I heard - then got my bearings with it and it only became one of my all-time favorite records. I'm not as big of fan of the later stuff as some people, but still a fan nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 am

jstate wrote:
I really wish Eye For An Eye would get a re-release. Tired of trying find a copy for cheap.

Almost a year later and your wish is being granted. Looks like this is being reissued on Nov. 6, in deluxe edition.

I grew up listening to punk and hardcore. That's the only version of CoC I ever really considered existing.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am

I'm just concerned about the remastering. Eye For An Eye is one of those albums I really want to sound just like I always remember. A dubbed copy blasting from a boom box. That said, I am excited about the reissue. Glad I didn't win any of those crazy ebay auctions over the years. Closest I ever came was when one when for like 45.00.

I really dig this latest one. Hell even the two bonus tracks are great. Funny that the one song I'm not big on is the one chosen as the single. I have the feeling this will be one of those records that's enjoyment will increase with listens.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 am

jstate wrote:
I'm just concerned about the remastering. Eye For An Eye is one of those albums I really want to sound just like I always remember. A dubbed copy blasting from a boom box. That said, I am excited about the reissue. Glad I didn't win any of those crazy ebay auctions over the years. Closest I ever came was when one when for like 45.00.

I hear you on the remastering thing. With old punk and hardcore records, they need to retain as much of the low quality as possible.

Who knows, maybe it won't actually get remastered, just reissued.

I can't really think, off the top of my head, of any old hardcore records that got weird new masterings. I remember the reissue of the Cro-Mags AoQ/BW was called a remaster, but it sounded fine to me. They were heavier anyway, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:25 pm

So I guess these guys have a new album coming out. First I've heard of it.

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 71e-Op70%2BnL._SL1417_

IX (as in their 9th studio album). According to Amazon, it's available on June 24th.

1. Brand New Sleep
2. Elphyn
3. Denmark Vesey
4. The Nectar
5. Interlude
6. On Your Way
7. Trucker
8. The Hanged Man
9. Tarquinius Superbus
10. Who You Need To Blame
11. The Nectar Revised

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Really looking forward to this one. The samples they've posted sound really good.

I love that, despite going from hardcore to stoner-ish heavy metal and then back to something kind of in between the two, they've always kicked ass. I love this new stuff without Pepper, although I do hope they get back with him someday for some more of that mid-period "metal" stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 9:05 am

I got this album lately (with a different cover art). Giving it a first spin now. Not my favourite style but i am confident i will be revisiting it later. I sense some potential in here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I got this album lately (with a different cover art). Giving it a first spin now. Not my favourite style but i am confident i will be revisiting it later. I sense some potential in here.

I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I initially didn't think I'd dig too much on the hardcore/punkier side of things, but I like it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 11:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I initially didn't think I'd dig too much on the hardcore/punkier side of things, but I like it.

This is my first C.O.C album. Definitely need to check out more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Stick to everything from Blind on first. Before that, they were basically a hardcore band.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 11:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Stick to everything from Blind on first. Before that, they were basically a hardcore band.

They were much much better before Blind, though I do like that last pre-Pepper album, before he came in and just totally messed them up.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Their earlier hardcore stuff was so much better than this self-titled, semi hardcorish stuff, so you might really like them if you halfway like this album. Animosity is my personal favorite, but Eye For An Eye and Technocracy aren't to far behind and both have songs with Mike singing added now as well. Animosity is more crossover and Eye For An Eye and Technocracy are straight hardcore. R.I.P. Eric Eycke!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2