Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..

Go down 
+20
TrogDawn
KissinMaiden
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
Temple of Blood
the sentinel
Chairman_Smith
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
krokus
ghost
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
juanmiguel
T-Roy
Hamer12
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Two words:

DIAMOND HEAD

IMO, it's the biggest injustice in the music industry that these guys were not mega-stars. No

PENTAGRAM would fall into this category easily too.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Soldier - two demos and two tracks on Cal Metal two..... They could play and perform and write great songs....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Enter Self LOL! Well, before the spilt we did tour with Vader, Skinless, Origin, Withered Earth and Impaled! But on a more serious note M.A.R.S. Project:Driver, Nevermore should never have had to play before Life of Agony... So NEVERMORE! Watch Tower, yes TT Quick, Pride & Glory, Sabbath w/ Tony Martin,Steeler, Hawaii, and ALL the God gifted and amazingly talented Christian Metal (real metal that is) Bands/ Ministries that have been and are continuosly overlooked!!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Devastation - released two of the best thrash albums of the late 80s/early 90s (Signs of Life and Idolatry).
Sacrifice - If they were from Germany, Los Angeles or the Bay Area instead of Canada, they would have received more exposure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 3:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
Artch

Equinox

Don`t forget WITCHHAMMER kmorg. Overloocked and underrated, but a great band 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ARTILLERY

Oh yes!!!!
I am ordering their new box any day now. Can`t wait. Only have two albums on vinyl by them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Fates Warning
Barren Cross
Guardian
King's X (they should have been as big as Rush)

and yes Deliverance
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 am

How'bout...

Loudness (yea, I know, they're huge in their homeland but I would've liked to see'em have a little more success on this side of the ocean)

Kix (Soooo underrated!! I was glad for them when they briefly joined the hit parade with the single "Don't Close Your Eyes" but they were SO much better than that one song!)

E-Z-O

Crimson Glory
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:44 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
King's X (they should have been as big as Rush)

I agree with that one!! Original, melodic, heavy and cool as all get out....

I remember reading that first cover article in Kerrang! when OOTSP came out... Then some friends and I hurried out and bought it.... MAN!!! I really thought RushmeetstheBeatlesmeetsMetallicameetsPinkFLoyd......

It was original in the midst of so much unoriginallity..... They rock !
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:53 pm

IronAge wrote:
-Saxon
-Seduce
-TT Quick
-London
-Overkill
-Forbidden
-Malice
-Leatherwolf...etc...etc...
🤘

Good call on Leatherwolf. I can't believe thay weren't bigger. They actually had alot of talent and musicianship to them and Mike Olivieri could really sing a tune.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
How'bout...

Loudness (yea, I know, they're huge in their homeland but I would've liked to see'em have a little more success on this side of the ocean) 🤘

Kix (Soooo underrated!! I was glad for them when they briefly joined the hit parade with the single "Don't Close Your Eyes" but they were SO much better than that one song!)

E-Z-O

Crimson Glory

My best friend absolutely loves these guys (Loudness), he has like 11 or 12 of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:57 pm

My guitar teacher loves Loudness as well.

I like them quite a bit, too. Good band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..   Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were.. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands that should have been much bigger than they are/were..
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3