Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Albums of All Time

Go down 
+34
Witchfinder
tohostudios
arachnoplasma
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
sheets
TheGreatDuck
kmorg
jstate
iamrockerfun
mlotek
Schbopo
stormspell
GrandNational
exact33
Troublezone
jettafiend
Lari
MEGATRON
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
manny
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
mc666
ultmetal
Cognitive Dissonance
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Forgot to read the list before I posted and three of those do NOT belong in a worst album list:

Kiss-Songs From The Elder: Yeah, the first few songs are off. But kicks in to high gear afterwards.

Iron Maiden-Fear Of The Dark: Never understood the hate for this one as it is great and highly underrated. It was my first Maiden album and started an almost 20 year love afffair with the band.

Ozzy Osbourne-Bark At The Moon: The ballad is god awful but the rest of it is good (although it is the weaker of the classic Ozzy albums).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Quote :
Are you serious? I understand if you're not a fan of the albums, maybe you think they are overrated, but how in god's name can you call them "THE WORST" metal albums ever made? What exactly is so sh!t about them?

Besides the singing, the drumming, the guitar playing, the bass playing and the songs, I will say everything!!! You may like them, I think they are total garbage!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:51 pm

"Demolition" is pretty good, just not great. "Bloodsuckers" is a really good song.

"Fear of the Dark" is also pretty good. I think it is infinitely better than "Brave New World", which I absolutely can't stand and don't like a single song on. BNW is the epitome of "let's hurry up and record so we can cash in on that sweet reunion tour cash". They even used a leftover Roy Z-penned tune on that one. That is lame for a band like them to be using outside songwriters.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Stormspell wrote:

Haha! I listened to this track and at first I thought, "this isn't so bad"...then the vocals kicked in. And people call my vocals troll-like!

Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 927150

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Demolition" is pretty good, just not great. "Bloodsuckers" is a really good song.

"Fear of the Dark" is also pretty good. I think it is infinitely better than "Brave New World", which I absolutely can't stand and don't like a single song on. BNW is the epitome of "let's hurry up and record so we can cash in on that sweet reunion tour cash". They even used a leftover Roy Z-penned tune on that one. That is lame for a band like them to be using outside songwriters.

Like exact said, it is funny we listen to the same albums and come to different conclusions, I thought that 'Demolition' was a steaming pile of dog turd, where I loved 'Brave New World' and disagree completely with ToB.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Preacher are pretty good musically, and I think the vocals are infinitely better then those of most death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse, who I absolutely cannot stand.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
... and I think the vocals are infinitely better then those of most death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse...

Shocked I shall remain silent
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
... and I think the vocals are infinitely better then those of most death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse...

Shocked I shall remain silent
Well I have a hard time telling apart one death metal band from another alot of the time because the vocalists sound so similar to one another, I can't tell Meshuggah from Cannibal Corpse, and honestly most Death Metal just gives me a headache.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

What song did Roy Z write for Brave New World? Because I've never heard of that, somehow. Some of those songs were leftovers from the Blaze Bayley era.

Either way, I have to disagree. Jugulator had a few ok ideas, but I can't stand Demolition. Fear of the Dark is hit or miss with some good / great songs and some lousy songs, but I like it better than No Prayer for the Dying (Maiden's worst in my opinion) at least. And I love Brave New World.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:08 pm

There are a couple I've heard that I just can't think of the bands / titles now (probably because I actively tried to flush them from my memory), but two come to mind:

Lords of the Crimson Alliance - s/t. I can't really pin-point what's so terrible about it, but it just grates on my nerves in the worst possible way. Bad vocals, cheesy generic D&D fantasy lyrics, generic riffs, and a really weak production. Honestly I don't think I've ever been able to sit through the whole thing.

Kryst the Conquerer - Deliver Us From Evil. Jerry Only's and Doyle's post-Misfits Christian-Metal band that never took off. I wonder why? Some might appreciate that Jeff Scott Soto sang on it, and Misfits nerds might enjoy the trivia aspect. But the whole thing is cornball and pretty cringe inducing.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:10 pm

manny wrote:
Like exact said, it is funny we listen to the same albums and come to different conclusions, I thought that 'Demolition' was a steaming pile of dog turd, where I loved 'Brave New World' and disagree completely with ToB.

I didn't like "Demolition" either on first listen but later realized the songs themselves were pretty good but the production and Ripper's vocal performance is what held it back.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:18 pm

That Crimson Alliance song is actually pretty decent, it's got osme pretty good soloing, and the vocalist sounds like a cross between Axl Rose and Mark Slaughter, which certainly makes for an interesting sound.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
... the vocalist sounds like a cross between Axl Rose and Mark Slaughter ...

Ah, maybe that's why it grates on my nerves. Laughing

Hey, one man's trash is another's treasure...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

There are no outside songwriters on BNW. Maiden has never used outside songwriters (and never will). Go look at the songwriting credits. Brave New World is one hell of an album and an awesome comeback after the dismal Blaze years. Brave New World kept the more progressive, melodic nature of the Blaze years but mixed it with the classic Maiden sound.

Hurry up and cash in my ass!!!!!!! They took longer writing and recording BNW than A Matter Of Life And Death or The Final Frontier.

Roy-Z writing songs for Iron Maiden? Didn't happen and wouldn't happen! It's MAIDEN not a Bruce solo record!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:06 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

What song did Roy Z write for Brave New World? Because I've never heard of that, somehow. Some of those songs were leftovers from the Blaze Bayley era.

Either way, I have to disagree. Jugulator had a few ok ideas, but I can't stand Demolition. Fear of the Dark is hit or miss with some good / great songs and some lousy songs, but I like it better than No Prayer for the Dying (Maiden's worst in my opinion) at least. And I love Brave New World.

Roy Z didn't. ToB doesn't know what he is talking about!!!!!!!

So sayth the # 1 Maiden fan on HoM!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Agree with you Manny!!!! Demolition sounds like something Bridget (my dog) left in the yard!

And you know what I think about BNW!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
... the vocalist sounds like a cross between Axl Rose and Mark Slaughter ...

Ah, maybe that's why it grates on my nerves. Laughing

Hey, one man's trash is another's treasure...

OK this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread but I have to ask arachnoplasma something. Is your avatar the infamous rat/spider thing from Angry Red Planet?

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Feed on Me is a great track off of Demolition.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Hurry up and cash in my ass!!!!!!! They took longer writing and recording BNW than A Matter Of Life And Death or The Final Frontier.

That's not saying anything.

Quote :
Roy-Z writing songs for Iron Maiden? Didn't happen and wouldn't happen! It's MAIDEN not a Bruce solo record!!!!!!!

You're right. I had my facts wrong on this one. Thanks for the correction.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 pm

BNW is the only album I like from Maiden since the reunion. I actually like it better than Fear of the Dark.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am

Brave New World is a really good album. I can see how some people might not care for it, because it's more rock than metal.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:10 am

Cognitive Dissonance wrote:
Brave New World is a really good album. I can see how some people might not care for it, because it's more rock than metal.

It also has tracks that are now classics that can easily stand beside the classic 80's tracks - The Wicker Man and Blood Brothers.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:

It also has tracks that are now classics that can easily stand beside the classic 80's tracks - The Wicker Man and Blood Brothers.

Ghost of the Navigator as well, that album is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:34 am

DeathCult wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yep!!!!! Seeing Wicker Man followed by Ghost was epic last year!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:42 am

thejokeriv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yep!!!!! Seeing Wicker Man followed by Ghost was epic last year!!!!!!

Agreed on all points! headbanger

I also love Dream Of Mirrors and Out Of The Silent Planet.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Albums of All Time
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next