Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Metal albums with worst production

Go down 
+5
Required Fields
mc666
manny
krokus
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Death Metal albums with worst production Empty
PostSubject: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:34 am

Well since some were stating how they don't like polished production on Death Metal records how about the worst (some like it bad)?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:58 am

Maybe not worst production but just not the cleanest sounding production like old OBITUARY albums, or the old NIHILIST stuff, MASSACRE(USA demos), the first two DEATH albums, FINAL HOLOCAUST by the french MASSACRA, first AVULSED album, OBSCURE demo, the thrash/death album AFTER THE BATTLE by FUNERAL NATION, the first BOLT THROWER crust/punk/death release IN BATTLE THEIR IS NO LAW etc............
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 am

I am huge fan of Death, but "Scream Bloody Gore' s production is almost non existent.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:27 am

manny wrote:
I am huge fan of Death, but "Scream Bloody Gore' s production is almost non existent.

But somehow still a classic. 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:03 pm

krokus wrote:
the first BOLT THROWER crust/punk/death release IN BATTLE THEIR IS NO LAW .
definitely, as well as Nuclear Death's Carrion for Worm. awesome albums but the two worst productions.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:31 pm

I remember my guitar teacher's comments on the production to a couple of songs on Disciples of Power's Invincible Enemy album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Darkhalf from Mexico put out one album called Reborn, and despite the awesomeness of the record, you cant help but wonder if it was recorded in a tin can.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

manny wrote:

what a blasphemy!!! angry
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Steel Warrior I still like Death's Scream Bloody Gore, but look what leaps they made from this album to " Leprosy' not only in terms of production, but also song writing.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:43 pm

the worst production ever in a death metal cd has to be grim - scepter of blood. It sounds like it was recorded on one of those fisher price kids recorders....

Alex

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 pm

I find part of the charm of some albums lies in bad or "necro" productions. Like early Venom or Hellhammer. And the drums nearly drown out the guitars on Scream Bloody Gore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:46 am

Leatherface wrote:
I find part of the charm of some albums lies in bad or "necro" productions. Like early Venom or Hellhammer. And the drums nearly drown out the guitars on Scream Bloody Gore.
absolutely. it adds to the mood & feeling of the album.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with worst production   Death Metal albums with worst production Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Metal albums with worst production
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: