Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Albums of All Time

Go down 
+34
Witchfinder
tohostudios
arachnoplasma
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
sheets
TheGreatDuck
kmorg
jstate
iamrockerfun
mlotek
Schbopo
stormspell
GrandNational
exact33
Troublezone
jettafiend
Lari
MEGATRON
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
manny
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
mc666
ultmetal
Cognitive Dissonance
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am

Lurideath wrote:

Metallica - Everything after Master of Puppets

Are you serious? I understand if you're not a fan of the albums, maybe you think they are overrated, but how in god's name can you call them "THE WORST" metal albums ever made? What exactly is so sh!t about them?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:37 am

i don't agree with 10,9,8,7,5,4,3 those are not pure metal.

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:43 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Metallica - Everything after Master of Puppets

Are you serious? I understand if you're not a fan of the albums, maybe you think they are overrated, but how in god's name can you call them "THE WORST" metal albums ever made? What exactly is so sh!t about them?

That Lou Reed is not on them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 am

manny wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

St. Anger is far from the worst metal album ever made - Seriously, I do understand it's the "easy answer" - but it really is not. By far

This is a true statement. Why? Because this album exists:

Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Killen

Damn, I forgot about. I definitely need to find a link to that again.

Find tha tlink again!!!!!!!!! You'd be better off sticking two lite cigarettes into your ears then listen to that crap ever again!!!

I hooked him up with a link... Lord only knows WHY he'd want to re-experience that drivel, but I'm a swell guy andI'm willing to help him out. :cheese:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 am

I actually like eight of the albums on that list. St. Anger being the exception and the Def Leppard I've never heard.

Though musically it's not a metal album and the idea behind it is fine, I've always hated Pat Boone's In A Metal Mood. But more for the way it was promoted with him basically mocking metal. And how he got those people to guest on it I'll never know.

I went ahead and youtubed Killen. I was expecting much worse. Nothing I'd try to track down but oddly I didn't find it unlistenable at all. Maybe the two songs on youtube are their best.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:17 am

Quote :
Though musically it's not a metal album and the idea behind it is fine, I've always hated Pat Boone's In A Metal Mood. But more for the way it was promoted with him basically mocking metal. And how he got those people to guest on it I'll never know.

If it's any consolation to you, Pat suffered a pretty big back-lash from his Christian fan-base and the Trinity Broadcasting Network. He was dropped from their 'Gospel America' TV show for a time because of that album and his appearance in black leather. That'll learn him to mock our music!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:25 am

Yeah the black leather and fake tattoo really bothered me. Of course he'll always earn my wrath for his association with the PRMC.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:34 am

jstate wrote:
I actually like eight of the albums on that list. St. Anger being the exception and the Def Leppard I've never heard.

I went ahead and youtubed Killen. I was expecting much worse. Nothing I'd try to track down but oddly I didn't find it unlistenable at all. Maybe the two songs on youtube are their best.

If we are ever drafted into war, I want this dude on my side, if he youtubed two Killen songs and was able to tolerate them, then this man has a high threshold for pain and more courage then an army made of Chuck Norris clones.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 am

jstate wrote:

Seriously, you thought Pat Boone was mocking heavy metal? How did you think Pat Boone was going to put his own spin on those songs? Do you know that the guy was not only criticized harshly for taking on this project, but then briefly kicked off "Gospel America". When you become a pariah within the religious community, then you know you've got it bad.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 am

That Killen album isn't even close to being the worst metal album ever. Stormspell listed lots of worse stuff! (I think I own that The Preachers album though! lol)

Robert Sweet's "Love Trash" is the only worthy nominee outside those Stormspell posted!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 am

kmorg wrote:
That Killen album isn't even close to being the worst metal album ever.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to listen to a full album from any of the ones Storm posted, so I can't say for sure.

But come on, man, dig some'a Killen's tr00 arcane steele lyrical skillz:

CAPTIVATE THE BEAST FOR SLAY!
PREPARE FOR THIS OUR SACRED DAY
SHOWING NO MERCY FOR THE CAUSE
RITE TO CARRY OUT THE LAWS

... that's comedy gold right there. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to listen to a full album from any of the ones Storm posted, so I can't say for sure.

lol! Not saying they were rocket scientists or anything. Not saying the album is good even. It's just far from the worst I've heard. Have you ever checked out "Love Trash"?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 am

kmorg wrote:

lol! Not saying they were rocket scientists or anything. Not saying the album is good even. It's just far from the worst I've heard. Have you ever checked out "Love Trash"?

No I haven't, and after all of the bad press it's gotten over the years I don't think I ever want to check it out either! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:39 am

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

If his solo album is worse then Killen, then I would rather have be impaled on a stake then to hear one note from that album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:42 pm

OK, so my curiosity got the better of me and I checked out Robert Sweet's song "Love Trash" via YouTube. And...ummmm... yeah, it's pretty bad. Still think I'd rather listen to this than Killen tho.

Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Just listened to a track from that Killen album, and I can't hear why is it so horrible. I mean, yes, it's quite subpar when compared to other bands of the era, and is generic, uninspired and amateurish sounding, but give me that over any nu metal band any day (although, nu metal isn't even metal to begin with...)

Oh, and that list is terrible, some of those albums aren't even metal. And I wonder how come no one mentioned Thrash Queen so far...Could have even been decent if it was not for the godawful production...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Stryken - First Strike

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Seriously, you thought Pat Boone was mocking heavy metal? How did you think Pat Boone was going to put his own spin on those songs? Do you know that the guy was not only criticized harshly for taking on this project, but then briefly kicked off "Gospel America". When you become a pariah within the religious community, then you know you've got it bad.

Isn't Boone Ozzy's next-door neighbor? I've heard they're very good friends, so you consider that, it's not really much of a stretch to imagine Boone deciding those "heavy metal folks" aren't such a bad lot and that maybe they'd let him cover their songs. The album is a joke, but it's a good-natured one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I think Pat & Ozzy were neighbors for a brief time when the Osbourne family was living in LA during the taping of their MTV reality show. Pat's album (1997) however came out before the Osbournes tv show (2002).

Pat Boone has made an entire career of re-recording "controversial" music and making it safe for middle-America and all the Ned Flanders' of the world. Dumbing down metal classics was no different than the white-washing he gave to "colored music" back in the 50's. It was all equally bad.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:03 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:

And I wonder how come no one mentioned Thrash Queen so far...
3 or 4 people have already mentioned them in this thread.

TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Argh, I'm an idiot. Embarassed angry
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:20 pm

I saw this list the other day and it is about as accurate as the rock and roll hall of bullsh!t. This idiot really tells it like it ain't. I am sure we at HoM could come up with a much more accurate list!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 pm

The album that gets my vote for one of the worst album ever made is Impending Doom - Nailed. Dead. Risen. One of the most painful listening experiences I've endured.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Quote :

Again, I had no problems with him musically taking on the songs. I thought that was a clever idea. Showcased how strong of songs they were. My problem was the way they dressed him up and made it a joke based on the fact it was Pat Boone in leather/tattooed/riding a motorcycle/covering metal songs. In a lot of ways it was disrespectful to him too. Though I suspect it helped sell the record. And good on him if he stood his ground against criticism from his community.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"X Factor" is a very good album and "Sign of the Cross" is an excellent song.

I rarely agree with you on something (sometimes when you critisize an album or band I love, I wonder if you're even listening to the same stuff Very Happy ) but I wholeheartedly agree on this. Very underrated.

I'm fortunate as I've rarely listened to a metal album that was totally unlistenable (this place helps me to avoid that stuff). I have heard some stuff that never got a repeated listen though:

Lostboys-s/t
Judas Priest-Turbo/Demolition
Metallica-St. Anger
Fear Factory-Digimortal

There are others but I can't think of them right now.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Albums of All Time
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next