Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks

Go down 
+33
Citanul
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Lari
journeyman
Grimmo
krokus
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Tur-Thalion
Dave the Boss
Ravenscraig
MetallicSeminarian
holydiver97595
mc666
Nico
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Smindas
Eyesore
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalhead777
Olafsto
DallasBlack
mlotek
JBall_Z
Metal Misfit
exact33
GrandNational
jstate
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 am

Iron Maiden has had some really cool bonus tracks. A lot of them were originally b-sides, which for a metal band, meant they were limited run collector items. Singles?, as if they were ever going to be played on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 3:36 pm

My favourite bonus tracks are Savatage's "Stay" and "This Is Where You Should Be", and also Blind Guardian's "Harvest of Sorrow"
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Not really a bonus track but Still Life of Peace by Galactic Cowboys is hidden on track 32 which always annoyed me but it's a killer tune.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 6:59 pm

I think Obsession's Evil in Your Eyes, a bonus track on the reissue for Scarred for Life, was better than two or three songs that made it to the album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:39 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Not really a bonus track but Still Life of Peace by Galactic Cowboys is hidden on track 32 which always annoyed me but it's a killer tune.

I find the way that Ranch on Mars is hidden to be even more annoying as it starts at -5:00 and so the only way to get to it is to sit/fastforward through the previous track, which is two minutes of silence.
Back to top Go down
Simon72
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:56 am

I've always considered Just Cos you've got the Power to be better than anything on Motorhead's Rock 'n Roll album even though it was originally only a b side to the Eat the Rich single.

Not Responsible off Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers is also a pretty good song that was originally a cassette only bonus track I believe.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 pm

I absolutely agree Citanul, that was a stupid idea, hiding a song in a track like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Not technically bonus tracks (they are b-sides) but I think the 2 best songs to come out of the And Justice For All sessions were the cover tunes Breadfan and The Prince.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:09 pm

I agree on Breadfan, really great cover.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:23 pm

The bonus tracks on "Super Colliderp" by Megadeth, but that ain't really saying much.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:03 pm

GrandNational wrote:
I just thought of a few Mortification tunes that should have been album tracks.

Butchered Mutilation that was added to Break the Curse:

Also the song Entering the Eternal Dawn on the Blood World re-issue as well is better than the other song, imo.

Couldn't agree more - Butchered Mutilation is an awesome song
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Recently gathered a bunch of Napalm Death and despite loving the newest album, I feel the bonus track Aim Without an Aim blows the rest of the album apart.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:43 pm

THIS thread reminded me that there were GREAT songs NOT included on LP's
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t20791-best-ozzy-lp-after-randy#596751

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 am

Two of the bonus tracks off Running Wild's Pile of Skulls are the best songs on the album and two of my all-time favorite Running Wild songs:

"Hanged, Drawn And Quartered"

"Win Or Be Drowned"

(the video on YouTube has no sound)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3