Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Ok, I am a huge Rush fan (no secret there) but if there's one thing that bothers me about them is that they never, and I mean NEVER give their fans any bonus material, be it unreleased tracks or bonus live tracks or lost archives of music or anything. I cant think of any major band in existence that hasn't put bonus tracks on their re-issues, or b-sides or whatever. I have virtually everything Rush has ever put out and I've never seen or heard any lost unreleased tracks, with the possible exception of a few bootleg tracks like "Bad Boy", Garden Road", and "Fancy Dancer" from way back in 1974. I would kill to hear some lost bonus stuff from the 70's or 80's, like some lost track from the "Farewell To Kings" sessions or a 12 minute exerpt from "Hemispheres" that never made it to the title track.

Anybody else feel this way about Rush?
Anybody know of any reason why they dont have any bonus tracks from 35 years of making music?
Anybody KNOW of any bonus Rush material out there? Very Happy
Are there any other bands that have been around as long and they too have held out on their fans as well?

I'm just kinda scratching my head over this..... scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm

I think there will be one helluva a box set sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 pm

If their album material is that bad, I think we all know why they never release any b-sides.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I think there will be one helluva a box set sometime in the future.

That's what I am hoping for. I have all the originals and all the remasters (even though there are no bonus tracks). All of the Kiss remasters lack any bonus material too, but we can all agree that there have been multiple releases where they have put bonus or lost material out there for the fans. I guess the three guys just figured a release of remastered albums was simply an update of sound and technology; and probably that there is enough bootlegs floating around anyway with live material, so adding a live version of something that isn't covered on one of their 7? live albums would not really be a huge draw/ bonus. Just my 2 pennies. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
If their album material is that bad, I think we all know why they never release any b-sides.

I'm going to e-kick your ass.

Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks 382568

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:23 am

Haha.

I might give Rush another try someday. Musically they're so damn good. But that chick singer...ugh. Maybe I could grow to love her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:59 am

I've never really looked into how much unreleased Rush stuff actually exists. They've always been a very focused band that primarily writes in the studio with the intent of creating a cohesive album. I've never been under the impression that they were one of those bands that came into the studio with 15 songs, recorded the best 8 and then dumped the rest.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 am

detuned wrote:
I've never really looked into how much unreleased Rush stuff actually exists. They've always been a very focused band that primarily writes in the studio with the intent of creating a cohesive album. I've never been under the impression that they were one of those bands that came into the studio with 15 songs, recorded the best 8 and then dumped the rest.

Same with Dream Theater when you have that much talent you just go in there with ideas and let the magic work itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks   Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush and (lack of) Bonus Tracks
Page 1 of 1